EXO-Ls PETITION AGAINST SM. Were Kris, Tao and Luhan actually mistreated?THE BACKSTORY BEHIND IT ALL

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by honeykisses, Mar 10, 2019.

1. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...m-were-kris-tao-and-luhan-actually-mistreated
    As you can see, back in the days when Kris, Tao and Luhan left the group, some of them made statements in court which include lack of proper promotion and et cetera.
    Recently SM has been mistreating EXO too. The group gets little to absolutely no promotion, no exposure and overall SM treats them like they don't exist anymore although they're one of their biggest moneymakers of all times.(+ they still have a very large and dedicated fanbase)
    Since the petition against SM's mistreatment is getting more and more attention, i've seen a lot of people in multifandom/EXO groupchats look back on the previous events - Kris, Tao and Luhan's departures and many of them have been debating whether their allegations against SM were true or not, given the fact that SM publicly refuses to pay attention to the group right now although they know they'll recieve backlash.
    I don't want to repost the article's content but there is proof that Kris suffered from myocarditis (a heart disease) since Sina (the most popular Chinese media which is even more relevant in there than Dispatch in Korea is right now) posted his medical records illegally, suggesting that his case is very severe, yet SM didn't do anything about it. Everyone in China knew back then but Korean medias refused to announce it. Tao on the other hand was walking around in a wheelchair in multiple occasions. In the article there are photos of him getting out of a pharmacy with medicines using crutches. Luhan on the other hand admitted in court that only the EXO-M members weren't getting financial backing and were barely getting promotions as opposed to the EXO-K members. Of course, back in the day many of us refused to believe that the situation in SM was that bad and it all caused a huge stir amongst the fandom because most EXO-Ls felt "betrayed" by the former members, but if it was only a single member complaining - alright, his statements would be questionable, especially if not backed up with any proof. But three different people? Also let's not forget that EXO was rising to the top drastically fast back in the day so they were all guaranteed even more stardom and money. If their problems weren't that bad they wouldn't have had left. And now given the fact that SM treats all of the other members like trash unapologetically leads me to believe that everything they previously stated is true. What do you think?

2. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Currency:
    Just saying but heart disease can be caused by lack of sleep. If Kris did "magically" get better once he went back to China. Welp, then you know who caused it for certain. Because sleep and rest usually cures shit sleep deprivation brings on pretty quickly. Other then you know death.

L_catzzz likes this.
  3. Lisaaaaa

Lisaaaaa Celebrity

Currency:
    Full Time BLINK
    You have very good reasoning skills

4. Sorrybae39

Sorrybae39 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Are their contracts up for renewal now? There were some rumors about it?

5. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    I have always had hearth issues. Something similar happened to me previously - i was a professional rhythmic gymnast (i was in my country's national team) and it was planned for me to participate in the olympic games in 2020 (that was happening in 2016) and was fainting non-stop, diagnosed with 824928 diseases and was told by doctors that my heart was going to fail if i had continued overworking myself, so my coaches made me retire, although that cost them a lot. After all, i was in a team where you're training for years in a row with your teammates for 8+ hours daily, they can't afford to make a change in the team/exclude someone in all of sudden, but is it worth risking someone's life? Up until this day i cannot train or live normally. I always feel sick and faint occasionally. If sleep was the main issue back then, they should've let him rest properly. I'm not talking about letting him miss trainings for a couple of days, but really get more rest regularly regardless of the situation. You cannot afford to risk his life. Do you imagine let's say Justin Timberlake being treated and overworked like that while having a heart disease? Or walking around in wheelchairs? That would never happen in the west because fans will kill his managers/label. If anything, Korean stars usually work 10x harder than American ones, so they should technically be even more privileged, but no. They're treated like objects.

6. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    I am always trying to be as rational and reasonable as possible regardless of my opinion/POV, i guess that's why.

7. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    I have no idea.

8. RoAnon9935

Currency:
    Not only that but kpop stars are starved. Face it other then one member of SJ look how freaking skinny SM artists are, what half the artists are. Especially woman.

L_catzzz likes this.
  9. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    The WayV members were asked in a Chinese variety show by a Chinese rookie/trainee under some other label how they keep their shape. One of the members (i don't know their names, sorry) mentioned that he was running a certain amount of miles every single night which completely shocked me because:
    1. It's more than widely known that they don't get anywhere near enough amount of food anyways
    2. Usually professional athletes/runners run that much for a "training"
    3. He's running during the night all these miles AND they're training all day long anyways.
    This puts him in a terribly huge caloric deficit which causes him to constantly lose muscle and fat. The heart is also a muscle so the longer it's starved, the weaker it becomes.
    The rookies were extremely shocked when he said he runs that much every night and he said something like "Well, that's something that is required in our business."
    It's safe to assume that most SM artist go through this too. Most of them are on a all-time diet (a.k.a. just starvation), overwork themselves non-stop and that will leave them with severe health issues for their whole life. Yeah, there are the people who are naturally anorexically-looking skinny (i'm not Lisa/Rose-skinny, but i've always been naturally underweight), but that's only around 1% of the world's population. In recent American interviews Kris said that he was quite chubby growing up, so it's sure that he was made to eat barely anything too. It's just sad that some "fans" (actually most of them) decide to overlook these kind of things because it puts their biases' health at an all-time risk, yet they couldn't care less.

RoAnon9935 likes this.
  10. RoAnon9935

Currency:
    Some people are going to hate me for sayign this, but did you see how much better Kris, Tao and Luhan looked once they escaped SM and started to put on some healthy weight. They weren't getting chubby they were moving back to waht was natural. Crap no wonder Tao had so much joint issues. Nothing left for his body to consume.

Wish we could say it was just the companies fault but look how many fans are quick to say idols are getting fat. Family members of idols don't help either how many of them give idols shit for eating. Like goddamn no wonder there weight bounds all over the place once promotions end because their metabolism is shot to hell from starvation.

Zehila and L_catzzz like this.
  11. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:

12. missprettyfug

missprettyfug Trainee

Currency:
    While they’re at it can they ask about the whole Jessica snsd thing too?

13. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Idol

Currency:
    RoAnon9935 likes this.
  14. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah it was super funny to me that the nation's biggest GG was thrown in the trash by SM just like that with no proper explanation. I guess people have started paying more attention to the (as many immature EXO-Ls call them) "traitor line" now because they started seeing that the same problems are resurfacing, but this time they're directed at all of the EXO members left. I hope that one day SM will suffer for the mistreatment towards 99% of the artists. It's simply inhumane.

15. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
  16. Istanhyejeong

Istanhyejeong Public Figure

Currency:
    Stanning Wendy
    SM isn't any worse than other companies tbh. It's a known fact that Korean idols usually get forced to go on a diet and go for schedules even when they are sick unless it's very very serious.

As for Tao, I don't really think that is mistreatment. Dancers usually strain their backs and get injured a lot. Look at Kai and Lay, they have both gotten injured before because of dancing so I don't think Tao's case is uncommon.

17. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    Not really. Tao's father started multiple times that SM refused to treat his injuries and made him train and perform even when he couldn't walk.
    Just because other companies may be doing the same stuff doesn't mean that people should be continuing to turn a "blind eye" on such kind of issues. It's EXO fans and SM groups fans that are starting to raise awareness now. If people participate, support it and start acknowledging that these companies' actions/decisions are simply inhumane - they'll have no choice but to attempt to change their ways a little bit.

18. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Currency:
    Idol
    It's true that Kpop idols are starved but SM idols are currently some of the healthiest idols out there. All Snsd and Fx members are healthy. Wendy had issues in 2017 but not anymore, who else?

maruif likes this.
  19. RoAnon9935

Currency:
    Inactive idols don't count. Give F(x) a come back and you'll see the weight loss

20. maruif

maruif Idol

Currency:
    Both hard and a soft stan
    With the weight and diets I can't say much, but I know Kai has said that he has tried to maintain his weight the same since debut at around 61 kgs (He said it was 62 for some time)

Xiumin also used to have a yo-yo diet, but now has been maintaining it at around the same for a long time.

sonemariam likes this.