Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

EXO IS A CHINESE KOREAN BOY GROUP

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by chantellesalem, Jul 16, 2018.

1. chantellesalem

chantellesalem Trainee

I am sick of people disregarding the fact that exo's first albums shouldn't count as million sellers since they have a chinese version.
    little history, when exo was 12 every album they had after mama they would have a title track which depending on the language would change the line distribution and then after promoting in korea as a whole for a little while they would split into units and promote in either korea or china, hence being a korean chinese boy group.
    To those people if you were to listen to exo's albums you would notice that the chinese albums had the songs sung by exo-m while korean album was sung but exo-k, once combined then they are exo not separately. It's seems pretty simple i dont see why people have a hard time understanding

Also because i had some say this as an excuse, no other groups that have foreign members are not the same because they were not marketed that way, they are referred to as korean groups because they have always performed in korea with korean albums they may have seperate debuts in different countries like japan but are still a korea group promoting in japan. exo is referred to as a korean chinese group because of the units that make up the group.

thats it, thank you for your time

2. Erae

Erae Married to @Baby_Dragon

CL's sugar baby
    Chinese is superior :*

LYP, sugakookies, Princess and 2 others like this.
  3. bbyseoul

bbyseoul Newbie

Finally, someone who gets it. They are a Korean -Chinese boy group not just a Korean one.

Emileh, LYP, Milk and 9 others like this.
  4. Queen

Queen Leader

Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    I think most people get that they just don't care cause it doesn't fit their narrative lol.

LYP, inverity, Mixers and 14 others like this.
  5. Alliyahloveskpop

Alliyahloveskpop Public Figure

Finally someone said it! I’m sick of people saying Exo aren’t true million sellers ! I’m sure if bts was korean Chinese they would release in two different languages as well!

LYP, ZYC, gdhimu and 5 others like this.
  6. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Trainee

The keyword is pure though, meaning that BTS are the first to sell over 1 million with one version.

minnie97 and LadyS like this.
  7. mpfc

mpfc Notable

they are 2 different albums with 2 different barcodes...what is the point that you dont get?

minnie97 likes this.
  8. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Kid nobody mentioned armys why did you have to? Op was making a point and you decided to turn it to a fanwar.

inverity, Milk, Coco and 13 others like this.
  9. chantellesalem

chantellesalem Trainee

that they are the same album because the chinese one is exom's album while the korean one is exo k and when together they are exo so the albums should be counted as such?? what is the point that you dont get

LYP and bbyseoul like this.
  10. Sone98

Sone98 Newbie

Ouh with that versions thing ..chinese fans buy chinese version .. Korean and international fans buy the korean version for other groups they all buy the same thing so there is no difference .
    Exo are a quadruple million seller and our 5 million is coming soon .

Milk, gdhimu, pokemon_master and 9 others like this.
  11. mpfc

mpfc Notable

does not matter if you all try to fool yourselves or not, is there one physical álbum or are there 2 physical albums? 2 ítems with different barcode because they are different, one in Korean , One in Chinese, if they want to count them together, put them together in one álbum
    EXO is a korean group formed by a korean entertainment and they have some members who sing in chinese as a unit..., the same with CBX too, japanese albums...different albums, different sales

minnie97 likes this.
  12. Flick

Flick Trainee

I see the argument you're making but CBX's japanese albums have different tracks to their korean ones and therefore they are different albums; Exo's korean and chinese albums have the exact same tracklist but the group performs them in different languages.

Personally I don't see how counting the exact same album in 2 different languages is much different from counting albums with x amount of different covers.

Milk, gdhimu, pokemon_master and 7 others like this.
  13. mpfc

mpfc Notable

i did not mean CBX japanese albums, but CBX as a unit, just like EXO M, they are all EXO but the product is different, it can not be the SAME album if there are differences between the 2, i.e ,the language, it's the same when you buy 2 equal shirts, but one in red and one in black, so the barcodes are different, and the sales are counted separately, because they are not the exact same ítem.
    albums covers are exactly the same álbum, because the songs are exactly the same

14. Flick

Flick Trainee

But surely the different covers could also be equated to the shirts. The picture on the shirt/the songs on the album are exactly the same but the colour/the covers are different. Both are minor changes made to the product by the company for pretty much no reason other than to sale more and maximise profit. Like I said I see why you feel the way you do, especially about the bar codes (although I can't say I've looked to see if the different covers have the same or different one) but to me the different languages aren't enough to constitute not counting the chinese sales.

15. chantellesalem

chantellesalem Trainee

with your comparison tho then different versions should be different because the songs are the same but the album including pictures (which take up the most of a physical album) are different.

sonemariam likes this.
  16. Princess

Princess Public Figure

I do not agree that the Chinese albums and Korean albums should count as the same album on Korean music shows, because one is Chinese of course; however, EXO still has sold a tremendous amount of albums regardless in China, Korea, and the rest of the world combined. So with that being said, do not discount EXOs earnings as a group people. They've been here dominating sales for years. So when putting EXO against a junior group they've still probably sold more than their juniors so far. Anticipate the comeback of OGs EXO.

17. mpfc

mpfc Notable

not, the cover could be equated to the bag which is used to put into the shirts, there are bigger, smaller, plastic, paper…
    the article on sale is the álbum not the covers...my favourite book has changed 3 times of cover in 3 editions, but the book is the same so the sales are counted the same..they are dumb examples, you can think or feel whatever you want, putting aside emotional feelings and different points of view about this, from a comercial pov it is what it is, we can not change that.

18. mpfc

mpfc Notable

what are you buying? the álbum with the songs, or covers and photocards? the package is not on sale...i put an example to other user about this with books and the changing covers through editions.

19. t_aeri

t_aeri Memorable

Your comparison is embarrassing honestly
    When CBX releases songs and albums different from the group lmao

Queen, sonemariam and kimtriplets like this.
  20. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

Those people understand the point clearly but are just too delulu to admit because they have to find another reason to discredit Exo!

Everyone knows that a Bible translation in one Language written in English and one written in French are the same Bible with the same meaning and message but different language, if they are too pressed to understand that then it's their problem.

It's more like a translation but of course, for someone who wants drama and wants their favs to catch up or even surpass in sales will still try to deny it just for drama!

bbyseoul, Queen and t_aeri like this.