Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

EXID's popularity

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JwanHyo, Jul 17, 2017.

1. JwanHyo

JwanHyo Trainee

So i keep watching videos that talk about different girl groups popularity but EXID seems to be in a low position or not even included..but still they keep getting awards all the time with every single they drop so...where is EXID standing this day?

Attached Files:

jimeous and KPOPSesame like this.
  2. BlackpinkslaysYG

3. KPOPSesame

KPOPSesame Super Rookie

They're really popular. It's just that some groups are more popular than them.

HarryBJ, Mynty, OhMyGuy and 7 others like this.
  4. Cutecocoa21

Cutecocoa21 Entertainer

Definitely below apink and girl's day in terms of popularity, so i would say exid is around aoa's level?

5. Cutie888

Cutie888 Star

I'm not sure where they stand but I think their popularity has dropped down a little compared to before

6. OnehoeforWonho

They are still really well recognised in Korea I think

Plus they just Mama Solji to return & they'll be back to slay better than before

makan, ShleeSNSD and southclubstan like this.
  7. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

I guess they just need another hit song to solidify their position in the market.

OnehoeforWonho likes this.
  8. Abeamus

Abeamus Artist

They are in the same position as AOA where they put out good music and people know who they are so they will listen to it but the fandom numbers aren't growing much compared to groups like GFriend and Mamamoo, kinda like how everyone seems to know Oh My Girl but they have yet to win an award.

centen likes this.
  9. MichinNyun

MichinNyun Super Rookie

i like milk, lie, NRTD, every night, up/down.

Vs aoa i only like mini skirt lol

10. huRRicane8

huRRicane8 Artist

I think they are popular, just their last comeback wasn't that popular

JwanHyo likes this.
  11. JwanHyo

JwanHyo Trainee

yeah but still they managed to get 4 wins and that has to mean something

makan likes this.
  12. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Artist

A lot of people like to call EXID irrelevant but I could list hundreds of girl groups that would KILL to have the success that they've had. Sure, they haven't had a hit as successful as Up&Down, but they don't need to. Kpop fans think you just NEED to get bigger and bigger in order to survive/ stay relevant. But if you consistently come out with stuff and have a supportive fanbase, that's all you really need. Plus, some thing tells me they're a lot bigger in Korea than internationally.

makan and Couponski like this.
  13. Couponski

Couponski Artist

EXID is popular enough to feed themselves and they are happy, they make it really far, if you think about the fact that they were like 9 people at their first fanmeetings and that they couldn't manage to get any wins and their position in the charts were very low.
    Hyerin needed to work at the beginning in a cafe, without her, they hadn't had any food at the beginning.

And the most important fact is, Leggos are proud of them and will be always there for them.

makan, Jack_Pink and centen like this.
  14. Angel_Angie

Angel_Angie Super Rookie

EXID's last comeback was very popular. 'Eclipse' peaked at #4 in the US Billboard's and #5 in the Korean Billboards.I'm very proud of them and I wish them all the best of luck!

makan likes this.
  15. BTS_love_Army

BTS_love_Army Super Rookie

They're simply too many groups in SK and more debuting by the minute to keep up with. I don't really know EXID but I heard their last song and forgot about them.

16. realTopKpop

realTopKpop Rookie

I honestly didn't loved EXID's last release. I will admit though I am also a fan of Solji and her amazing voice. I hope she gets everything under control and feels ready to perform in the future even with her thyroid issue. I did not think the last song was really that strong and I kind of found it a bit boring if I'm being honest. Although their were high notes and Hani's voice even sounded more natural than the other songs she was given to sing in the group, I still missed Solji's voice.

Hopefully they can come back with some even better music and again as 5.

centen likes this.
  17. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Star

Other than LE I don't think I stan EXID much, LE is an amazing rapper though

18. chocolategulu

chocolategulu Trainee

I think the people know them, but the memory that they can relate to them only Up & Down. They need more big hit songs.

19. centen

centen Artist

They're definitely on a downward slide since Up&Down (rounded #s):
    • Up&Down: peaked at #1, 1.7 million DLs
    • Ah Yeah: peaked at #2, 1.2 million DLs
    • Hot Pink: peaked at #4, 900K DLs
    • LIE: peaked at #7, 549K DLs
    • Night Rather than Day: peaked at #9, 320K DLs
    I think part of it is the fact that they spent so many post-U&D releases chasing that same sound (which doesn't bother me, because I liked all those songs, but I know a lot of people commented about getting bored with it). But if you look at their album sales, those have stayed relatively level over the same time period. Arguably, they've solidified their status as a consistent, well-received tier 2/3 group, which is much better than they probably ever hoped for, and honestly, extremely lucky for them given that many groups who end up briefly trending, lose their support quickly after the trend loses its appeal.

20. makan

makan Super Rookie

I think they have been in a very strange position for the last year or so. First they went to China to gain a foothold in that market. Then in the middle of that, Solji became ill. That alone shook up things. Not only did they have to change plans in China, but they had to adjust the end of the year(Holiday) live shows that they were scheduled to perform on. They had a plan to release a Comeback and that was pushed back...then they decided to have the Comeback without their Leader and one of the best singers in K-Pop. And ON TOP of that, they changed concepts for the comeback. THAT IS A LOT TO DEAL WITH! And yet, they are STILL tight, still family and preparing for a fan meets and another Comeback.

The thing about EXID, is that they have a very loyal fandom. It is not huge, but it is strong and they have a lot of casual fans too. They sort of remind me of Mamamoo in how the fans are with them. Mamamoo though has continued to grow with each Comeback. I think once Solji is back and she is out there doing her thing, people will take notice again. Right before Solji got sick, she was everywhere. She was really building herself and EXID. Same with Hani.

Lastly, those who have taken the time to know EXID mostly become hardcore fans. I wish that the casual fan would take the time to really know these girls and this group. They are sweet, funny, silly, talented, loyal and a family... what else could anyone want from a group.

Tenken101 likes this.