[EVENT] Pay it forward

Discussion in 'Events' started by Manoko, Jan 1, 2020.

?

How should the winner be decided?

Poll closed Thursday at 10:43 AM.
  1. Everyone votes for the best story

46.6%
  2. OP decides the winner

53.4%
  1. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,
    it's the new year and I wanna start off the year by spreading some joy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The event is simple. Write about that one time someone did something nice for you, or when you did something nice for someone else. How did that impact you? How did it make you feel? What did you learn? The person who writes the best story (based on a real event) wins. So please put a little heart and soul into this ^^

How to join:
    It's really simple, just post the story down below and you're in

Date:
    Submissions:
    1st January - 20t jan
    Voting session: 21st Jan - 25th Jan.
    Announcing winners: 26th Jan

Rules:
    - Need to have an account on AKP for at least 3 months, and 500 posts.
    I know there’s probably no way for me to check, but please be truthful with your stories.
    Only one story per person
    Be respectful towards other peoples stories.
    Don't create or use alternate accounts to post more stories.

Prize:
    50k and 5k trophy points to 1st place
    30k likes and 3k trophy points to 2nd place
    20k likes and 2k trophy points to 3rd place.

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL

1. We choose the winner by people voting on the top 10 stories
    2. OP, aka me, chooses the best story.

Good luck ^^​

#1 Manoko, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    also i've never actually watched the movie pay it forward, so im fake

Afya, bibi87, blankpersona and 3 others like this.
  3. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
  4. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    no need to sign up, you just have to write ur story here and ur in

5. Noemi

Noemi A E C L A R I

Currency:
    Only one story >< I have to think this through !!

Does it have to be about a fellow forum user or it could be about someone in real life also?

Afya, ripiasuju, Jesusagrees and 3 others like this.
  6. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    it could be online, offline, a friend, a pet, a stranger etc

7. signalbonae

signalbonae Super Rookie

Currency:
    My story is super lame, but it's still important to me but I'm going to share it. Basically, I was born and raised in Daegu, but moved to Seoul when I was 9, at the time it was really hard for me since I still spoke in Daegu dialect, and kids are mean lmao. But there was this one tiny little restaurant close to my school, and it was run by this old lady who also happened to be from Daegu, so pretty much everyday, I'd go buy something and she'd sit with me and tell me stories from her life, and since my mom worked a lot at the time to support us, she was like a second mother to me, and always supported me. This went on for 10 years. On the day of my suneung exam (Korean SAT aka death), after I finished writing it as I was leaving the building, I found out that she had been waiting for me outside the entire time, and she brought me my favourite soup, so we just sat on a bench near the building and ate, while I bawled my eyes out because I was sure I failed. It wasn't much, but it made me extremely happy and meant the world to me, because she was there for me on such a stressful day. The suneung didn't even matter at the end of the day because I moved to Canada for college. We still keep in touch, but she sadly closed her restaurant due to poor health.

ilona45, springbee, magito and 22 others like this.
  8. Jesusagrees

Jesusagrees Married to @kashchanocchi

Currency:
    I will write out mine later on. This is really sweet.

jisungstoes, Afya, misoni and 2 others like this.
  9. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. It put a smile on my face ^^

magito, Afya, V4ever and 2 others like this.
  10. Eziio

Eziio ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ
    Tech Team .

Currency:
    Does it have to be about just one person? ^^'
    I'm more interested in writing about and thanking people who touched my heart than winning anything rlly><
    if it doesn't qualify then it's fine but i just wanna know if i can post it anyway :')

magito, V4ever and svtsbreadnbutter like this.
  11. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    You're free to write a thank you letter about people if you'd like, i'm not quite sure if it qualifies tho ;( but feel free to do it, i'll consider it

12. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Super Rookie

Currency:
    Deleted

#12 sweettaylor, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  13. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    nope, no limit. You can write a sentence or an essay, up to you

14. sweettaylor

sweettaylor Super Rookie

Currency:
    Deleted
    - sorry i decided not to participate anymore

#14 sweettaylor, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    magito, Afya, monke and 6 others like this.
  15. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    Thank you for sharing this. I imagine it must've been hard to write this, but nonetheless she sounds like a good friend.

16. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    Uh I guess mine is a wild story tho

It was an extremly rough time for me as I was a kid. Basicaly sad trought what I heard about and what I found written on letters as I was older and randomly found a folder full of old letters.... well I don't really know what to say or where actually to start with.

So from all I know my mom was the not really liked child in her own family of 3 kids. My mom's sister was the "whatever she does, we respect her decision"-type and my uncle the "He is at the university, so he is the best of all" and my mom who failed school troughht the fact that she is bad in maths and writing, was the "hated"-kid. She had a really hard time untill she met my dad. My mom was 17 and had a big big wish and the wish was to espcape her family, cause especially my grandpa used to be that kind of person who yells at you for whatever reason, makes you fell like if everything was your fault etc. And so as my mom turned 18 she thought it would be the best for her to marry my dad and get pregnant as soon as possible, so she could move out and live her own live. Actually that was a pretty bad idea because after my grandparents figured out she was pregnant, they begun to tyrannize her so much that she became mental ill from it. Not only this was a problem tho. My grandparents also begun to say everything my mom wants was made up by my dad who would've tricked her to belive in she should get pregnant and whats not. My grandparents also had a lot disrespect to the whole family of my dad and almost cancled the wedding but since my grantparents are a doctor and a judge who used to live in a place of a lot snobs they allowed the wedding or else they would've ended up as the biggest joke around the snobbish neighborhood.

My mom got sick of all of this and was very mental ill so she even begun to develop hallucinations and tought everyone around her including my dad and his family would also tyrannize her and everything they said would be a lie when they tried to clear out that they actually never did anything bad to her.

Than oneday my mom begun to panic in front of my dad saying I was the fault of everything just because my mom thought it will be better for her when she gets pregnant wich wasn't the case. According to what my dad told me some years ago my mom would've been extremly mental ill and had to visit a Psychiatric clinic for about half a year because my dad said to me my mom threatened him "If nothing turns out to get better soon I will kill my own daughter".

My dad who wasn't mental stable enough to take care of me, cause the whole thing with my mom was too much for him and he had almost no idea what to do had no idea about anything and so a judge who clears out stuff about families was making it worse. My mom told me cause of all the problems she had with her own family and my dad and his family back than she wanted to divorce from my dad and it almost drove her insane as a judge had do decide wich part of the parents can keep the kid (me). So my family on both sides begun to lie to themself and lie to the judge etc. to make it look like if the opposite one was the worse parent etc. and both failed hard. I almost got fully taken out of my family. And the judge especially wanted to fully take me out cause I was underweight for my age and spoke almost no words and according to a psychiatrist my most used sentenses used to be "Can someone kill my stupid mom?" or "My dad is so stupid!" etc. and thats really really hard for a kid that was like 3 years old at that time.

The judge than spoke their final words: I should've ended up at orphanage.

I had a lot luck back than that the mother of the best friend of my dad was there.

Long story short: My dad was almost on a daily basis at his best friend's family and even as I was born he still went there and took me with him and this made the mom of his best friend almost feel like if I was one of her grandchildren. She was not very happy with the result at the curt back than, so she interupted the whole situation and told them about that whatever it takes, she wouldn't be happy if I was gone out of her live because she said she knew me since I was around 3 months old and saw me almost every day since that time.

Now guess what the judge did than - Right they gave the mother of my father's best friend a chance and so my "grandma" as I called her took care of me till everything was OK again and I could visit my mom 2 times a month for each time 2 days and as I was 8 years old and my dad was feeling OK again to get over what happend in the past, I begun to be in contact to him again even tho we don't really meet cause he lives to far away and got almost no time trought his job....

I am really thankfull that someone like my "grandma" exist, because I don't want to know what had happend if I would have ended in the orphanage ...

This is the biggest thing anyone ever did for me and I actually lived for almost 20 years at her house. We used to be like a normal family. Now my "grandma" is old, has dementia and sadly don't remembers anymore who I am :(

#16 JiminieKookie, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  17. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Mrs. Ratablancas
    Events Team Moderator .

Currency:
    I actually have quite a few stories, I've met some incredibly kind people~
    more than I deserve
    I'll think of the best one then write it in ^^

magito, Afya and Manoko like this.
  18. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    It was really brave of you to share this, thank you! Wish your gradma the best of luck and lots of strength to you and her

magito, Afya, V4ever and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bogi444

Bogi444 ❣ Bogibear ❣
    Moderator .

Currency:
    THIS IS SO CUTE
    I'll think about it and post later

magito, Afya, V4ever and 3 others like this.
  20. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    take ur time, u got a whole month LOL

21. Manoko

Manoko • S H I N E •

Currency:
    Mina ♥
    take ur time ^^