Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

ELF -> EXOL -> NCTzen

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SeulgisAbs, Apr 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Artist

Yeah it happens

I first started off being ELF & hated EXO cus SM started favoring EXO & even gave em suju's apartment (the one with fan graffiti of 10 yrs on the wall).
    And then suju went on hiatus & I had nothing to watch & so I switched on to exo & lil by lil forgot suju & concentrated completely on exo (& RV). Tho ofc, I wouldn't really call myself exol cus I never got invested in em as much as suju & w/e I saw suju & their old videos, I could feel this warmth inside me that I never felt with exo.

And now that exo are getting older & starting to look mature, SM has thrown in my face, some fresh yummy meat in the form if NCT. Boi they are too hot & their choreos are super sexy. And here I was thinking, exo were the best looking in the most industry & had the hottest choreo( I thought the same thing with suju before coming across the then very young exo).

But I KNOW this time that, I'm not gonna be invested in em like as I did suju.

Has this happened to you & do you feel guilty that your being disloyal?

cp26 likes this.
  2. TearInMySuit

TearInMySuit NEO GOT MA BACK
    Moderator Team Awards Team

sunshine bee
    nope because I'm a loyal girlie
    [​IMG]

3. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Entertainer

Nope, I've never invested too much on any artist and idols. Just casual listener only.

4. MirajaneAlpha22

Well, I have groups I come to like, but I am more of multi-stan. The only groups I dropped were BTS and Mamammo.

5. suzang

suzang Legend

EXO's Mama
    EXO has been my #1 since debut. I love NCT too but EXO is untouchable in my heart.
    I was never a fan of SuJu or any other boy group in SM so it hasn't happened to me.

sonemariam likes this.
  6. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x Ever Lasting Friend
    Moderator Team Suggestions Team

I get what you mean.
    Therefore Super Junior is still my number 1 group: I might like NCT, but they honestly don’t even come near Super Junior for me

sonemariam likes this.
  7. IQYZS

IQYZS Artist

I don't really care when a group gets older. That's why I stan so many groups. I just pick more up while keeping the older ones in my heart.
    Also, 6 years is old to you??

8. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 Artist

It has kind of happened to me and it's upsetting me a bit.

Recently I've been drifting away from BTS because of the fans. I'm starting to hate being an ARMY because there are too many obsessive, crazy ARMY out there who make us all look bad. It's starting to affect how I like their music, which sucks because they are really good. I just wish I could differentiate the crazy ARMY from the regular ARMY, and be able to listen to their music without thinking about the fans.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, please let me know.

sonemariam likes this.
  9. meanietrash

meanietrash Super Rookie

Was a hardcore army (singlefandom ew) and then I found seventeen and exo and I have never regretted it.

I think the older the group, the less SM or other companies care.

10. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Artist

This thread flopped?
    Damn. My tea :(

11. sonemariam

sonemariam Star

I like all 3 and Exo is my #1

12. Yabie

Yabie Star

you log out

Maniifeste and ItsMilly43 like this.
  13. zedi

zedi Artist

well
    i always add someone to my list sadly it's almost only GGs XD i mean i'm here
    liking TVXQ, SNSD Red Velvet, BP as major (supporting by money time concerts everythign)
    i still like the other groups tho BIG BANG (YG concerts)

14. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 Artist

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind. :)

Yabie likes this.
  15. Sone98

Sone98 Artist

Once an exo l forever an aerie

16. Sayuuu_29

Sayuuu_29 Artist

Self-proclaimed Neo City Mom
    For me its like this...
    Cassie --> EXO-L ---> ARMY ----> ELF ---> NCTZEN

I have a rough past with dealing these past 4 groups. If you are one of these fandoms mentioned, you would understand. My pattern is like this, I felt even guiltier staying and knowing that I felt depressed. That's why letting them go is good for me.

I left Cassie when they split. I sided with TVXQ of course, but its just felt different when they are 5. I cannot handle it. I salute Cassies a lot. I never felt guilty when I left, I felt like it was more like breaking free from sadness.

I left EXO early, its the time where there's no such thing as EXO-L. I am an akgae, I only stanned Luhan and only because of him that I like EXO. Luahn = EXO for me. He was my everything before. Of course, I also like other members. I favorited Kris, Lay, Kai, Sehun, and Kyungsoo a lot. Luhan left. I was not myself for whole three months. I accepted Luhan's decision but I sided with EXO. I followed them until Love Me Right promotions but I am not at all happy. I started following Luhan at the same time, but I am not happy. I decided to forget all of EXO and it made break free. That's right, sometimes, for me leaving is the best for me since with that I felt more free and happy. I have no negative feelings for them. I'm just neutral and good. Whenever I come across fights between ARMYs and EXO-Ls I find myself siding with EXO-Ls more (though I'm pretty much an ex of both fandoms)

BTS helped my coped with my dark days following the aftermath of the mess. I stayed for quite sometime being an ARMY (at that time, the toxicity hasn't reached me yet--at some point I became an ARMY-L) However, after going to the Epilogue concert I went to, I decided to break away with the fandom. I left the fandom because I was bullied by some ARMYs (whom I met irl) who went to the concert and I was hospitalized. I stopped hearing something BTS related because I always go back to that time. I'm traumatized. I'm glad I left. Truly, I am.

I never left ELF fandom even until they went on a lot of crisis, been through a lot of pains and such. Actually, if NCT did not happen, I would still be ELF. I left because I felt guilty of not being that active anymore to the point of not buying their albums or supporting their recent comebacks. I decided to focus on NCT because really its not easy stanning them. It's not easy for me following two groups and by that I mean spending time and money (since I also have my career)

Now, I am only an NCTzen. I decided to focus on them. I realized that I'm moving onto another chapter of my life, and so I'm breaking away with Kpop. But, throughout my life I decided that I would want to stick to one group that I would bring with me and introduce them to my children's children. That group would be NCT. I hope I am strong enough to keep up with them. I dont fear anymore of anything bad happening, I decided to prepare myself with the worse. NCT gave me a lot of faith and the best I can do is to stick up to them no matter what.

#16 Sayuuu_29, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  17. cp26

cp26 Artist

Red Velvet's Manager
    just spent 4 minutes looking at your sig :loverr2:

18. Alliyahloveskpop

I’m an aeribebe for life !!( I only stan Monsta x and Exo )
    I’m just causal listener for other groups like day6 , vixx, infinite, suju, nct, bigbang, hyuna, clc, pentagon , sf9 and tvxq

19. modeoheim

modeoheim Rookie

Ha!
    No, I'm the same way - started as an ELF in 2009, I've followed EXO since their first teaser with Kai, and I've been with NCT since day #1 too. Although I didn't keep up with Super Junior the same way I did before as EXO rose to fame and such, I still consider myself an ELF first and foremost (and a Shawol second - Key is my ult, with Leeteuk in second place).

I'm basically just SM trash and love and adore all the SM groups, so it makes sense.

20. Maniifeste

Maniifeste Entertainer

NCT got 'em visuals, I can say that.

I'm loyal to a point. I'm dedicated, but not long-term, and even then I would still get back into it, but just casually. But there is a difference of being a stan and enjoying their music. I don't stan every western artist, but I like their music and still listen to them and look forward to any release. I'm first a casual fan before get invested into stan territory.

KPOP is an exception. This community is a lot more unbearable over Western, every "controversial" opinion is a trigger for death threats and slurs. I don't let fandom warp my perception or view on groups, but EXO-Ls and some 2nd. gen has given me such a view where I can't even listen to their music because I am so turned off by their fandom to a point where enjoying the groups music means acknowledging the fandom itself. And in this community people tend to drop more often then not, like I've seen ARMYs and EXO-Ls that dropped BTS and EXO for NCT.

Like you said it happens, there will always be something that will grab your interest for reasons and it means losing interest over something else. So I'm not guilty if I drop; I dropped SVT because of fandom, but casually enjoy their music and the group.