Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Edward Avila vs Luke Massie The Kyla Pristin drama continues

Discussion in 'Celebrity Gossip' started by haylucky, Oct 16, 2017.

1. haylucky

haylucky Star

So as you all know by now
    Kyla is a 15 year old vocal rapper in Pristin

She has taken leave due to a concussion and is in America

Kyla is hot topic since her debut for weight

She has been repeatedly deemed fat

She definitely stands out on a group where one of her members has a 16 inch waist and we have all seen nayongd legs

Anyways the issue shouldn’t really be her weight it’s more of the treatment she’s gotten

Watch Pristin live stages and it’s like Pristin fans are anti Kyla no cheers when it her part
    2nd the media is unbelievable with her
    The time she was supposed to have her photos taken the cameras were purposely pointed away from her

So anyways besides all of this Pledis makes a announcement she resting in America

Then Edward uploades a video that has caused a lot of controversy
    He’s basically hated by everyone right now and has lost tons of subs

Another popular YouTubed response to Edward

Another YouTuber response to Edward

There are a lot of these btw you can find more
    Edwards apologized

So this doesn’t end here Luke Kyla actual brother has made his point clear on Twitter that he sees Edward as pathetic for this and he as recently decalred he will make his own YouTube channel in response

38C3CD96-E116-4276-A807-74F612ABC4CC.jpeg

#1 haylucky, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Sephir8 likes this.
  2. keyboardwarrior7

Lmfao, Edward no~~.

I leave Youtube for a week, and this happens.

#2 keyboardwarrior7, Oct 16, 2017
  3. oliviasolscott

4. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

If this was pretty much any other idol, i'd be worried about the backlash this may cause, but Kayla is already getting enough backlash so what can it hurt really.

centen likes this.
  5. peach_tae

peach_tae Artist

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Edward said. He just stated the truth and what he thought of the situation. I don't get why people hate him for what he said. He didn't hate on her nor did he "fat-shame" her like people seem to be claiming.

#5 peach_tae, Oct 16, 2017
  6. haylucky

haylucky Star

This is me
    I don’t get people everything he said was true

7. aceoelvis

aceoelvis Artist

I think this too but I didn't wanna say anything bc I'm not in the mood to argue with people on the internet

8. peach_tae

peach_tae Artist

I'm glad someone agrees.

9. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Artist

I'm on edwards side on this one. He didn't bash her, he knows how the Kpop industry works. he pointed out her flaws. I mean she can't sing, she can't dance, her rap is passible, she isn't pretty, has 0 stage presence. Like what does she bring to the table, she is the odd one out in Pristin cause she has no talent. If she had a voice like taeyeon or wendy than i would be totally on her side but she has nothing to benefit from in the kpop world.

10. LAYNICORNINFIRES

You have to admit, some of his statements were true, but some of them was a pretty asshole thing to say.
    I can see where Kyla's brother is coming from, but a response is a bit extreme.

koschei, inverity, SweetMoon and 11 others like this.
  11. Darkwah99

Darkwah99 Artist

Even if Edward did have "a couple of valid points", his commentary isn't needed. No one legit asked, like NO ONE. If I was Kyla's brother, we wouldn't need a YouTube video to settle this beef:rolleyes:

12. yixing_is_life

Me tbh. I think people should really watch his second video, he explains more in details what he wanted to say. And idk his brother looks like a attention seeker to me, I know he wants to to defend his sister, he has every rights to do so, but like "I'm thinking of doing a content cop"…. Like…. You want to be idubbz or ?... :sketchyk:

I don't think his sister is happy that he makes followers out ouf her misery… He should just stop bringing more attention to this matter. I mean everyone should stop speaking about that for her sake tbh.

#12 yixing_is_life, Oct 16, 2017
  13. haylucky

haylucky Star

he makes comments on idol lives all the time he made a whole video on auditions too and the kyla video was supposed to be a continuation of that. im not defending him im hoping you can see why he would feel its necessary to point her out

14. lighterxx

lighterxx Star

Did we watched the same video? He could have said "She doesnt fit idol standards but still she should do what makes her happy and healthy." but instead said "I dont know what was Pledis thinking debuting her in this condition." "What is she growing anymore? Fat?" (i cant remember this one exactly but he said the same thing with same meaning)

How can he be seen as normal? While you can express your reaction in a nice and kind way why say those extremely rude things? Would he receive this backlash if he said what I said? Yes but he would be right in that case and just be expressing his opinions. But instead said incredibly disgusting things.

15. haylucky

haylucky Star

what he said was true though
    why did pledis allow a 15 year old who clearly has weight issues to suffer what shindong did back in 2005
    you think korean neitzens would be more forgiving but their savages and the fandom has only hurt her as well

i personally blame pledis for all of this

like you see how mangement is strict wth seventeen
    look at seungkwan and hoshi for instace

also idols normally become thinner with time and age and she only gained more weight what does that say
    either she has a condition we dont know about or she doesnt care

16. aceoelvis

aceoelvis Artist

yeah I don't really keep up with Kyla or pristin in general but i feel like whenever Kyla is mentioned her brother has something to say about it and like I understand wanting to defend your little sister but like.. is he really gonna dedicate his entire life to just talking about his sister bc that's what it seems like to me

17. haylucky

haylucky Star

amber sister Jackie 2.0

zicozelo and aceoelvis like this.
  18. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

It's simple, think about how many times we've discussed Kayla in recent months, now on the other side of that think about how many times idols like Suzy/Seolhyun/Tzuyu/etc. have been discussed about. All Kayla has to do is lose the weight and people will be praising her left right and center.

19. B2st_261707

B2st_261707 Artist

if you see her when she first debuted, she was actually a lot skinnier (not saying it's good or bad)
    pledis obviously didn't predict this would happen...

20. haylucky

haylucky Star

Thats my sisters conspiracy theory that pledis did all of this on purpose so she can be praised for a diet latter
    but im really iffy on that with pledis lying about why she would be resting at home in the first place the fact that it was a concussion is something else

SweetMoon likes this.