Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Do you think Twice, BP, RV will still in Top 3 GG in this gen if......

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by TWICE___Queen, Aug 18, 2018.

1. TWICE___Queen

TWICE___Queen Trainee

they aren't from big 3 company?

jimeous likes this.
  2. SooYoung

SooYoung Trendsetter

Prophet of the Sone and fromis_9 religion !!!
    LMAO

people should stop thread like this
    it's not against you

But you ask for the opinion of people but if people give you their opinion they will have like 10 Onces who will criticize their opinion

so ppl should stop this type of thread because you can't give your opinion on AKP

3. Johnnythedaddyxo

No

But that’s not my business

KidLeader112, Flozo22, 89TIFF and 2 others like this.
  4. joysoo

joysoo Notable

No, none if them

Flozo22 and Kpopcuber like this.
  5. kpop123

kpop123 Public Figure

No

Flozo22 and Kpopcuber like this.
  6. histrionicbitch

histrionicbitch Trainee

I think they'd def still be relevant and pretty popular... like maybe in the top ten, but probably not as popular as they are.

Mynty, KidLeader112, Flozo22 and 5 others like this.
  7. Johnnythedaddyxo

Random question but who are those girls on ur dp? They’re really cute

8. jimeous

jimeous Celebrity

All those groups are from the Big 3 training system, so that gives them the advantage over many other trainees.

There are 40+ active Idols/Actresses that never debut for JYPE but claim to have gone through their Training System, this is how good the Big 3 training systems are.

So the answer is, TWICE, RV and BP had the edge when they made it into the Big 3's training system

SUNSHINE and Hana0127 like this.
  9. SooYoung

SooYoung Trendsetter

Prophet of the Sone and fromis_9 religion !!!
    Fromis_9 ( Jiwon & Hayoung )

You need to stan them !!!!

KidLeader112 likes this.
  10. skinnny_legendGD

No.1 chuu stan
    We can't really answer it. Nobody knows what could've happened if they weren't in the big 3. You can't add a sure statement next to the word "if". We should stop worrying about what would've happened and just be happy about their success.

KidLeader112, Flozo22, 89TIFF and 2 others like this.
  11. barabara2000

barabara2000 Newbie

Buddy
    no. they will compete with other groups from big3 again.

12. Lilac_Ace

Lilac_Ace Notable

13. Johnnythedaddyxo

Thanks x

SooYoung likes this.
  14. zensation

zensation Trainee

Twice & RV wouldnt be in top 3, but top 2
    BP will be in the bottom rank I think

15. Riki_Lee

Riki_Lee Rookie

girl group trash
    Idk but i like girl crush concept so I'm going to check on bp anyway. Twice has catchy songs and rv has different interesting concepts so they will be okay. But idk if they aren't from big 3 then the songs producers etc will change a lot

Flozo22 likes this.
  16. twentyfivedollar

twentyfivedollar Public Figure

Actually if none of the girls were in big 3 then there probably be a new set of Big three girls but I still think they would be successful to a certain extent.

17. sowonton

sowonton Trainee

anything is possible, but imo they'd still be relevant but not top three. somewhere in top ten maybe?

barabara2000 likes this.
  18. kwonjiyong92

kwonjiyong92 Newbie

19. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Rookie

So let's say that all three groups come from companies which aren't complete nonentities (the ones with no money to promote) but aren't exactly top-tier either. And let's say that despite having Big 3 songwriters they've released the same catalog of songs. How would Twice, Blackpink and Red Velvet be doing?

Twice -- I think Twice would have high potential for success even without the Big 3. They've risen to the top on cute, poppy songs and viral dance moves, along with their likeable personalities. If they didn't come from the Big 3, they'd have a lot more trouble competing with the many many other cute GGs out there -- but as "Bboom Bboom" shows, a catchy song can strap a rocket to a group even if they're total nobodies. I think Twice could easily be top ten without JYP behind them, though whether they'd be top three is a different question. If they weren't from the big three, they'd probably be judged even more harshly for the aspects of performance which they lack, and wouldn't have such a legion of built-in support to defend them. I guess I imagine a non-JYP version of Twice as consistently popular but not in the very top tier, and imagine they'd be seen as "that group with the catchy songs" but that people wouldn't be too familiar with them as individuals. Final Prognosis: mid-high tier; recognizable songs but largely seen as pop fluff

Blackpink -- Cube isn't a tiny company, but it wasn't exactly at its finest back when CLC debuted. And sadly, CLC slipped off most peoples' radars until the release of "Hobgoblin" back in 2017. One girl crush song later, they had a solid western fanbase, though Korea still hasn't shown them the love they deserve. I think CLC's story illustrates just how much foreign fans like badass concepts, and that alone means the non-YG version of Blackpink would probably have a western audience. (G)I-DLE shows that concepts of that sort can succeed in Korea, too, though that's a much more open question as a lot of girl crush groups still get beaten out by cute ones. I'd say that non-YG Blackpink would at the very least establish a stable cult following, and could potentially still be top-level if the Korean GP gets behind them. Final Prognosis: way more popular overseas; Korean fanbase more modest; mid-tier

Red Velvet -- I've been pretty positive on the prospects of Twice and Blackpink, even without their big three companies. Red Velvet, though, is the one I don't think would be successful. Don't get me wrong -- I love Red Velvet, and think they're an incredibly talented group with a top-tier discography. Sadly, though, even talented groups with great discographies (Dreamcatcher) don't always succeed. The issue with Red Velvet sans SM is this: it took the group a good while to hit their stride, and if they didn't have SM, people probably would have stopped paying attention. "Happiness" is an awesome song, and Korea really liked it! But instead of following that debut up with something similar, Red Velvet went in a rather different direction. They've gotten to the top in Korea now, but for a time fans were confused about their concept, and some of them were turned off by Red Velvet's whole duality thing. Having big three backing bought them the time they needed to win over the skeptical, and to prove how amazing they truly are. But groups from lesser companies don't get second chances; Kpop is a harsh industry I worry that Red Velvet might not get the attention they deserve. Final Prognosis: don't hold Korean audiences' interest long enough to maintain popularity

20. Akpopstar

Akpopstar Newbie