DO YOU THINK THAT IT'S POINTLESS TO HAVE SEPERATE MEN AND WOMEN TOILETS ETC ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Saitama, Mar 17, 2016.

?

Do you want to see me pee ?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  1. Saitama

Saitama Newbie

Currency:
    Hero
    Do you believe in the equality of the both genders, if yes wouldn't it make more sense to only have unisex toilets ? Should I have the right to use your toilet because we're equal ? Do you think that the seperation of men and women is only historically and now that we evolved from that we should adapt our society so that men and women can use the same toilets aka only one etc ? Or would it cost too much ?
    Or is it that when we have a woman and a man at a toilet, they would be attracted to each other ? Would there be safety issues like rape ? Imagine one woman and several men in one toilet ? What about one man and several gays in one toilet ? Should we seperate homosexual from heterosexual people ? What about bisexual people ? Or other kind of sexual orientations ? How should the system be ? But if we regard all people us equal since some countries allow gays to marry now, shouldn't we only have one toilet for all kind of genders, sexual orientations, skin colors, religious beliefs etc ? Don't you think that most people have enough self control so that all people can use the same toilet etc ?
    Or do we have seperate toilets because all kind of genders have different kind of standards and needs for their toilet ? Do you think homosexuals etc have different needs too ?
    If you're homosexual or something else would you use a toilet like that ? Or do you think that it's utterly stupid to even think this way.
    Do you prefer Unisex toilets ? Did you ever go into one ? Did you enjoy it or are you embarrassed to shit when men are near you instead of women ? Are there only this kind of complications because all of us grew up in a society where there are more seperate gender toilets, if we would be born in a society where there only would be unisex toilets etc, would that be no issue ? Kinda similiar questions to shower rooms, changing rooms, etc.

Share your thoughts
    Discuss

2. h4nisaurus

h4nisaurus Trainee

Currency:
    well i guess it's just privacy and honestly if they were to exist around where i live i'd still use it but i'd feel very weird. out of place maybe. because i've never been into a unisex toilet.
    that's an interesting point, tho.

Lemondolly likes this.
  3. Ikotai

Ikotai Super Rookie

Currency:
    Web Developper
    At my school, we have several unisex bathrooms, although the ones in the bigger sections are splitted because the bathrooms are huge while the unisex ones are smaller. From what I know, there was absolutely no problem ever. The first one or two times it's weird because you're not used to seeing a guy in the bathroom at the same time as you but you get used to it pretty fast.

I don't know. I'm thinking of any other sexual orientations that isn't "heterosexual", especially homosexuality, and I don't think separating men from women just for safety or to avoid risk of attraction is valid. Thinking like that would logically mean that I, for example, could be attracted to all the women I encounter in the bathroom and I'd want to have sexual intercourse with them. Of course there is an history of some straight men abusing women (as well as the other way around, and in homosexuality too) but it will unfortunately happen whether we separate men and women or not. What we must think about is not "should we split them" but more "what can we do to avoid those situations", and that not only for bathroom issues but also in society.

4. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    I wanted to see a man in the bath while he was peeing but I couldn't. Got so scared he would scold me. I'm gay as you guys know.

5. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    In the men's bath there is a sanitary that has no door. It's like a collective sanitary so a lot of guys can be using this same rectangular sanitary at the same time. So it wouldn't work in a unisex bath.
    Do you guys have seen some of these sanitaries in a bath?
    I personally think its strange. They assume that guys can see each others peeing because they have the same body. But I mean... Not every guy is straight so I get embarrassed whenever I found someone peeing in these kind of sanitaries in a bath

6. mocochang

mocochang Celebrity

Currency:
    EXILE TRIBE trash ♥
    I believe I don't wanna walk into the bathroom and see the D of a guy while he's doing he's business as much as I'm sure he wouldn't be pleased with the situation either.
    I also believe I very much prefer going to the bathroom to retouch my makeup without a guy around...

It's not about gender equality, it's simply that I feel way less exposed being around people of the same sex than from the opposite one while doing my business in the bathroom, and I'm sure most people from the opposite sex feel the same... But then again, I very much prefer being in the bathroom completely alone. idk if it's just me, but every time I use a bathroom where the stalls divisions don't seem to completely hide what's inside I feel uncomfortable (y'know, when there's this gap between the door and the stall wall), and I would feel way more uncomfortable if there were guys in the bathroom as well.

Kirman, doe_eye and ges111 like this.
  7. yupitsme

yupitsme Rookie

Currency:
    I've been to a unisex bathroom before but there were only stalls and no urinals, so everyone could do their business privately. I'm totally fine with that system, and even if there were urinals, I suspect guys would find it too awkward to use them unless nobody else was around. Or if they didn't care. I trust that normal people have the common sense to avert their eyes when people do their business.

My only concern is peeping toms, and those I believe aren't limited to any genders or sexualities, although statistically most are reported to be straight males. But if there are more witnesses in the bathroom, there's a possibility rape and assault could be limited.

8. mkusa

mkusa Public Figure

Currency:
    Farting loudly might be a problem.

9. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    What boys do in toilet can be bit different on what girls do so to me it does make sense that there is separate toilets especially in schools, however you still see unisex toilets from time to time on public places as well as in your home of course and that works just fine as well.

Lemondolly likes this.
  10. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Sassybish
    I believe that biology can override equality, as controversial as that is.

I also believe in generally not using public toilets.

doe_eye and Lemondolly like this.
  11. Lemondolly

Lemondolly Rookie

Currency:
    Chicken Wing
    Like others said, what boys and girls do in a bathroom is kinda different. No need to combine the two restrooms.
    I would feel uncomfortable, anyway, tbh.

12. doe_eye

doe_eye Rookie

Currency:
    separated toilet have nothing to do with gender equality :D i cant be the only one who love empty toilet(no?), why would you try mix them and make it crowded :(

Lemondolly likes this.
  13. sandybee3

sandybee3 Celebrity

Currency:
    let's be honest as much as we want the Idea of 100% Equality in all aspects for man and woman we also have to face reality.. there can never be 100% equality in all aspects between man and woman because we are different by nature..

it's a different thing when it comes to social status , respect and work.. because these are not natural giving aspects that should be devided in genders..

i know about unisex toilets, they do exist nevertheless man and woman are not always doing one and the same things while being at a toilted (apart from the main use of course)

for example Girls like to check themself in the mirror, fix their make up hair what ever.. i bet a lot of boys might feel annoyed by that on unisex toilets .. also does it have to do a lot with privacy .

Lemondolly and mocochang like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted