NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

do you think kpop idol fall into depression once they started to underperformed/flopped ?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by girlgroupstan21, Jan 9, 2021.

1. catzi

catzi Public Figure

Currency:
    If you have too high expectations about your chances of success and these expectations get shattered, of course it will take a toll on you. It always does. So I think the healthiest mentality for idols (and anyone tbh) is just focusing on putting a good work and do their best while keeping their expectations low and realistic. Often knowing you did your best with no regrets is a reward big enough.

zixzix likes this.
  2. 9397Duo

9397Duo Trendsetter

Currency:
    And the one supporting them in being “edgy” is a user who legit made a fanfic thread about a BTS member sexually harassing an NCT member. Two peas in a pod.

kingkook, BelleBella and shizuru like this.
  3. glitglpwm

glitglpwm Super Rookie

Currency:
    Only the groups at the very top. But if they are constantly working I don't think so. Some groups are so overworked I don't think they have the time to feel sad lol. Also, even if they are underperforming as long as they are still getting money I doubt they will be too depressed.

4. evo-evolution

evo-evolution Trainee

Currency:
    For sure the only ones that’ll bounce bk are those on BTs/ bp level that have too much money to care

5. soshilovelife

Currency:
    Everybody feels down when things seem not to be going the way they used to, especially if they were going well. It takes some adjustment but yes it can be a rocky path.

6. BelleBella

BelleBella Newbie

Currency:
    ON didnt flop nor did bighit or BTS say as such. You must of missed the part where BTS’s comeback was at the start of a global pandemic which means they had no time to rethink or replan their comeback like many idols did. BTS had released their album then about two weeks later events around the world started to cancel.

I saw you in a revived thread about BTS from 2019 and all you did was spout negativity. This is obsessive love.

7. floriatosca

floriatosca Trainee

Currency:
    Situational depression can be exactly the same as clinical depression, as an experience. It's just usually of shorter duration, unless it turns into clinical depression. And just like in clinical depression, there are different levels of severity.

People have even killed themselves over losing someone they love, or their job, or their reputation. That's why it always baffles me when people say 'oh, that's just being sad, not depressed'. Just because your depression was triggered by something specific, that doesn't make it less real.

8. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 WhatchuNeed

Currency:
    They're human
    ofc they do

9. killingtime1934

killingtime1934 Public Figure

Currency:
    Idk during flopping but I know it happen during hiatus as one member of winner and leehi said so before

10. NineMusesMinha

Currency:
    Forever OT11 Mine, Elvis <3, OT10 Honey10
    i was sad when i lost my best friend, i went mia for 5-6 months, barely texted my friends

is that depression?

along to add, both of them never said they had depression so dont act like "That's why it always baffles me when people say 'oh, that's just being sad, not depressed'. Just because your depression was triggered by something specific, that doesn't make it less real"

please explain

and are you trying to make me feel like the bad person here?

#30 NineMusesMinha, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021