Do you think it's right to use other people (or yourself) just to meet your favorite k-pop idol?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TaeyeoFanny, Jun 7, 2019.

1. TaeyeoFanny

TaeyeoFanny Newbie

Currency:
    Professional Potato
    I want your opinions on this one but before that here is my experience regarding this situation:

I have been a fan of Twice. They are going to have an upcoming concert here. Sadly, tickets have been sold out.

Now this story takes place before the ticket selling. I have a cousin who is also a fan of Twice. We were supposed to go to the concert together but I wasn't sure when I would get my money. I told her that I would tell her if I could get it I would also buy a ticket if I can't then I won't.

Now the thing is I made a promise to her that I would accompany her, whether if I buy the ticket or not, because she doesn't want to be alone when buying the ticket. I agree to accompany her. I ended up getting my money but not buying a ticket because my parents wouldn't allow me to go to the concert. Huge oof. Keep in mind I told her I wasn't able to buy tix but I agreed to accompany her.

Fast forward to the day before the ticket selling. She texts me. I was furious because I found out the reason why she wanted to be accompanied, she wanted to split up. She wanted me to hold up her line on one area so that she could meet up with other people (maybe some friends but she mentioned something like contest winners) to also fall in line to buy tickets. Her plan was for me to update her if the line was slow or fast so that she could leave the other line so she could come back to meet me at the line that I was supposed to be in.

I got mad and asked her why didn't she tell me about the people she was meeting up with. I didn't agree anymore on accompanying her.

Now consider the factors here:
    1. I have no money to buy a ticket so it could be humiliating to fall in line
    2. It's disrespectful to the other people falling in line because if it DID happen it would be technically cutting in line
    3. What if an emergency happened?

Now back to the question: Do you think it's right to use/take advantage of other people or yourself just so one can see their favorite k pop idol? I have also read in some occasions where people prostitute themselves to drivers to take them to events/concerts.

I know I shouldn't be thinking about this really hard but I wanna know what you think. I just got pissed because someone was willing to use me to waste my time and that she lied to me.

Zuko1 likes this.
  2. Zuko1

Zuko1 Leader

Currency:
    She used you and wasted your time especially when you already told her you couldn't buy a ticket.

Your cousin took advantage of you and it's understandable that you are upset.

I agree with your points; it must have been embarrassing waiting in line, knowing you were not going to buy a ticket.

Some people don't care about other people's time and feelings. Let her know how she upset you and hopefully she learns from this experience.

igloo, howmoist and TaeyeoFanny like this.
  3. TaeyeoFanny

TaeyeoFanny Newbie

Currency:
    Professional Potato
    I did talk to her. I did not show my anger though. I was still pissed. That was the last time we spoke to each other. Hope it was worth it for her end. We also just talked on text so maybe there was no closure.

Zuko1 likes this.
  4. howmoist

howmoist Super Rookie

Currency:
    I know all situations are different but if this happened to me, I would feel frustrated, humiliated and taken advantage of. It's not nice to use someone like that for your personal gain so I hope you can speak to her about it and express and explain your frustration regarding the situation. You should know you're entitled to your feelings, regardless of what she thinks of the situation. When you feel hurt, you know there's a reason behind it and I hope she realizes that

TaeyeoFanny and Zuko1 like this.
  5. TaeyeoFanny

TaeyeoFanny Newbie

Currency:
    Professional Potato
    I did feel taken advantage of, especially a family member would be able to do that. We did talk but that was it. To be honest I felt that the whole experience changed my perception on being a k pop fan and at k pop idols.

howmoist likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted