Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Do you think 2nd gen stans are too arrogant/rude?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Unicornicopia, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Are 2nd generation stans too arrogant and rude to new gen stans?

1. Yes , it's too much

21 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Not at all

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. They should be ruder

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Yes but it's justified so who cares

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. A little bit

42 vote(s)
    39.3%
  6. STAN ALL 2ND GENERATION GROUPS

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Unicornicopia

Unicornicopia Super Rookie

On any kpop related site one of the most frequent things I see is hardcore 2nd gen stans explaining why every group in the new gen is trash and all their fans only stan them cuz they're stupid and unaware of the 'endless talents' of the 2nd gen.

Imo 2nd gen stans have every right to be defensive because new kpop fans can be very ignorant and rude to the 2nd generation of groups who essentially made kpop popular and do have some truly talented people and good music.

However the way some of them treat other fans is unacceptable and rude and it diminishes the achievments and influence of the 2nd generation as many fans (like myself )can't take them seriously.

Especially because they are unwilling to acknowledge the many talents present in the new generation of groups. For example; taeyeons singing talent , she's very talented but SOME 2nd gen stans act as if no one else can sing because she exists. At the time she debuted there's no doubt that she was probably the best female singer but now with the expansion of kpop there are people who are equally as good if not better (I'm not trying to pick on her that's just one I see often).

So do you think they are too arrogant? If so give examples of times they showed it.

andisa and deathlymuse like this.
  2. kpopenthusiast12

To a certain degree, yes.

3. istari

istari Super Rookie

It depends on the person. Some are extremely nice and others... not so much.
    I feel like they are entitled to bragging rights to some degree but some people tend to overdo it. Not everyone though. Some second generation fans I've seen on here or know personally are actually really nice.

#3 istari, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. Juanlag

Juanlag Artist

I don't think that's usual at all? I mean, sometimes it happens but i feel it's like any other trolls. The biggest part of the 2nd gen groups fandoms are fine, the same with the 3rd, there're some trolls but in general i don't have any problem with them.

AOMGstann, Exbbsy12, NaoBun and 5 others like this.
  5. Yabie

Yabie Artist

uhm im annoying sometimes i can admit that LOL..i like very little new gen idols.

but i never really downplay new gen groups in terms of talent. i'm just not really into the whole trap&edm trend that they're following and their producers can't execute those genres very well.
    okay maybe only i shitted on twice

but yeah. all generations have annoying stans. you cant really choose who is "worse".

6. Shellfish_Beach

Yes, and they cry that these groups paved the way for other groups (we all know that wasn't 2nd gen groups intention, let's be real. they wanted money and fame.) for them so they automatically deserve respect.

On the other hand, third gen stans can be absolute arrogrant brats so they kinda deserve the shit they get for not piping it down.

It's a two way street really.

kanyeweast, lizvip, AOMGstann and 9 others like this.
  7. andisa

andisa Artist

2nd gen, is that SNSD, BIGBANG, 2NE1?

8. Cutie888

Cutie888 Star

Are we still in the 3rd gen or is it the 4th gen now?o_O

GramStan and Unicornicopia like this.
  9. babysakura

babysakura Artist

Well I don't think I've been very arrogant or rude on this site :whatr:if I have feel free to tell me haha but I think most of those rude people are trolls which make all of the 2nd gen fans look bad :(

NaoBun, HarryBJ and Unicornicopia like this.
  10. AeriSilverlight

AeriSilverlight Entertainer

It just depends on the person really. And probably the age at some degree. But most 3rd gen stans are pretty respectful I think towards the sunbaes. It's really just the trolls that get to people. But i will admit it irks me that people use the term "king" for literally anything these days. Makes the term "king" less meaningful.

Eithra and Unicornicopia like this.
  11. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Legend

I wonder who voted: "Yes but it's justified so who cares"

I know 2nd gen groups accomplished a lot but there is no justified reason to be arrogant as hell over someone else's accomplishments, lol

But not all 2nd gen stans are arrogant, arrogance can be found in all the generations of stans :/

AOMGstann, babydoll23, centen and 8 others like this.
  12. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Artist

second generation of children are so damn rude whether they kpop 2nd generation fans or not , I was sitting somewhere while ago and that little bitch called me aunt , like who the fuck are you calling aunt I am still 23 the fuck .. damn little devils are evil .

Unicornicopia likes this.
  13. Abeamus

Abeamus Artist

Some 2nd gen stans yes but those people are usually the ones who think the 2nd gen was only the popular groups which in itself is delusional, I think most are okay though

Unicornicopia likes this.
  14. Unicornicopia

Yes , I think it's any group that debuted from 2005 to 2010

andisa likes this.
  15. Unicornicopia

Who even knows at this point :confused:

GramStan, Eithra and Cutie888 like this.
  16. NYHTJ3trash

NYHTJ3trash Artist

If that's how they say it then I guess that's the only way they can comfort themselves with the fact that their idols are sharing losing the spotlight to the newer gen idols. Talent doesn't stop in one generation folks.

17. Unicornicopia

Tears came out of my eyes , I'm dead this is too funny.

18. the_suddenlykfan

it depends on the person of course but I should say a lot of new gen fans are really disrespectful towards older groups. that being said, I do recognize the talent of this new gen but I'm also aware of the downgrade of quality overall in kpop these days...

AOMGstann, GramStan, Eithra and 2 others like this.
  19. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Trainee

Yes they are. Not all obviously, but most.
    Firstly, kpop industry is not very old and diverse, but still 2nd generation idols are deemed untouchable legends. New talent is added every freaking month. Most of those idols have also trained for years and have their own fans. 2nd generation fans feel threatened because of the social media and how publicity, success, popularity and fan support reaches the newer groups easier than it happened with them. Such defensiveness leads to superiority complex so extreme that I have read fans of 2nd generation groups 'demanding' respect from newer generation fans while insulting the newer idols and ridiculing the fans if they have no idea about older groups.

20. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Artist

I vote 4th and the new jyp sm yg gg will start 5th.