Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Do you prefer to start stanning groups at their debut or when they already have a big discography?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by becci, Oct 17, 2017.

1. becci

becci Legend

Why? And when did you get into your bias groups?

I prefer getting into groups right when they just debuted and that was the case for most of my bias groups.
    I got into Girl's Day, B1A4, BTS, Berry Good, Minx/Dream Catcher and Loona all when they had just debuted(for Loona predebut, right when the first solo was released).

SNSD and Day6 are the big exception. SNSD was my first bias group but I became a kpop fan in 2011 do by then they already had a stable fanbase. I first noticed and got interested in Day6 when they were on that yg show predebut but then in 2015 I was pretty much done with kpop so I didn't really pay any attention to their debut and didn't even notice those were the same guys from that show. I only started stanning them this year.

I prefer to start stanning groups right at their debut because then I can grow with the groups. When I get into groups later on in their career I feel like I missed a lot.

the_suddenlykfan likes this.
  2. karebearsays

karebearsays Artist

I doesn't matter to me, but I definitely feel more proud when I get into a group at their debut. It takes me much longer to admit I stan a group if I didn't get into them at debut (or at least early on)

3. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Debut because its like watching them grow throughout the years, being there for all of their ups and downs in a way. Although I definitely don’t let that stop me from stanning a group that’s already debuted a while ago.

But Big Bang was the first group I ever stanned, I got into them during their Fantastic Baby era. So about 6 years after their debut? Which I didn’t mind because they had many songs and I could listen to them all and catch up on what happened - history, etc.

A lot of my favs I didn’t start stanning until after debut but new groups are mostly what I look for these days. I’m still open to stanning older groups as well as newer ones.

Dibidibidisalex and becci like this.
  4. peach_tae

peach_tae Artist

I prefer to have stanned them since debut because you get to watch them grow and evolve over the years. I'm sad that I wasn't able to do that with B.A.P. or BTS. But I'm lucky enough to have stanned KNK since debut and SF9 since pre-debut.

becci likes this.
  5. BornToMelody

BornToMelody Artist

i really dont know tho :D depends the group i guess
    if i reaaaally love a song of them i can stan but this depends the group tho not only music make me stan a group

becci likes this.
  6. Unicornicopia

Unicornicopia Artist

When people immediately call a rookie group their faves I find it really odd I could never do that , like they barely have any songs. For me , I have to wait till I like enough of their songs. I don't need to like their entire discographies to stan them , for example BTS are quite weak when it comes to album songs but their title tracks are usually quite good. However Exo are my faves because I like pretty much their entire discography.

becci likes this.
  7. NOMEANSNOOK

NOMEANSNOOK Rookie

Mixed. I got into T-ara in 2010 n Day6 this year, but I stan Loona n Stray Kids since pre debut

XxKrista, Kpopaddict4life7 and becci like this.
  8. shubhajan

shubhajan Artist

It makes me feel like a more loyal fan if i stanned a group from the start

XxKrista and becci like this.
  9. pbothpgolfpforth

pbothpgolfpforth Entertainer

It's easier and nicer to stan since debut, because you can watch them grow and get some fresh memes from the groups lol.

Like I started stanning groups like Astro since debut and it's easy to keep up with them and nice to see them develop but I started stanning Exo when like 3 members left and they had already established themselves - I LOVE EXO A LOT but it's like I feel so behind .... I can't relate with other OG fans as well sometimes.

becci likes this.
  10. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Star

My experience is varied, I knew Kpop existed thanks to Psy from around 2013
    But it was around January this month when I was strolling through Superwoman videos, I stumbled across My parents react to blood Sweat tears by BTS, I found the face of Paramjit funny so I started watching it, then got snatched bald by the song, slowly slowly I discovered other groups and other discographies of BTS, now I'm at a stagnant phase with BTS, I believe u can start liking a group if u like a song very much, but hardcore stanning for me must be accompanied with enough songs

Just my experience ahaha

I'm also stumbled across Delcalcomanie and now I stan MAMAMOO, I'm getting into Day6 & SNSD( TT ) & TWICE

XxKrista and becci like this.
  11. HarryBJ

HarryBJ Star

My experience is varied, I knew Kpop existed thanks to Psy from around 2013
    But it was around January this month when I was strolling through Superwoman videos, I stumbled across My parents react to blood Sweat tears by BTS, I found the face of Paramjit funny so I started watching it, then got snatched bald by the song, slowly slowly I discovered other groups and other discographies of BTS, now I'm at a stagnant phase with BTS, I believe u can start liking a group if u like a song very much, but hardcore stanning for me must be accompanied with enough songs

Just my experience ahaha

I'm also stumbled across Delcalcomanie and now I stan MAMAMOO, I'm getting into Day6 & SNSD( TT ) & TWICE

12. meggan

meggan Star

I start to stan groups when they've started doing things that I consider stan worthy. It could be the beginning of their career, or when they're more established. I think that I like groups with a greater discography because then I'll know if I like their music. I'm not going to stan a music group if I don't like their music.

becci likes this.
  13. LAYNICORNINFIRES

Mixed. I prefer from debut/predebut, but a lot of my bias groups I stanned after debut

becci likes this.
  14. BritishSone

Early on so that I can watch the group grow and enjoy every moment with them.

I always wish that I discovered SNSD in 2007 and not 2010 :cryingr:

becci likes this.
  15. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Artist

When i find them, and they pass my internal tests for support. I do not count them as a stan group until i buy the albums.
    Most are after debut the newer ones less than a year after. BB4 was among the quickest for me to find them and then go thru the process and actually decide to buy.
    Apink I caught at debut,and RV i was waiting for but i did not buy Apink albums out of the gate, RV was different because of happiness(still no album for that btw...holding out hope for a Red Room CD).

For me to buy the debut album during the promotion.... wow maybe white fox.. maybe

becci likes this.
  16. qu33n

qu33n Star

There's only a couple groups I've gotten into at their debut. But I don't really wait for a big discography though. Most of the time it's at the second or third come back when they are still in their beginnings

becci likes this.
  17. Dibidibidisalex

B.A.P, Block B & B1A4 I stanned since their debut. I got into kpop in late 2010. There was a lot of promotion for B1A4 & Block B in twitter at the time so I decided to check them out. For B.A.P they were super huge at their debut era. So I knew them since debut.

SHINee, 2NE1, 4MINUTE & BIGBANG I knew them after their debut.

I prefer stanning since debut because I can see their growth and I won't lie, it feels special to know you have been growing listening to their music.

becci likes this.
  18. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

I still haven't stanned a group from debut, although I would like that. It's just hard because a lot of groups debut with just a few songs or sometimes just a single and I can't say I fully stan if they don't have any music. Maybe one day I'll find a baby group to stan though.

becci likes this.
  19. freysan

freysan Artist

I start stanning a group when I finally accepted to myself that I appreciate maybe 80% of their releases.. whether I find them during their debut days or 2-3 years being active doesn't matter.. I'll follow them as casual fan until I either get tired of them or start loving their discography..

I discovered BTS in 2014 and immediately fell in love with them.. with Big Bang, I discovered them 2009 and followed them casually until 2011 when I became a serious fan.. I wasn't there when they debuted.. with 2ne1, I was already a huge fan since debut.. :oops:

with SVT and MX, I've been following them casually since their debut but I only became a monbebe during Hero era and a carat during Aju Nice era.. it was also like watching them grow but from a distance at first while waiting for that song that will make me completely love them.. XD

becci likes this.
  20. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Artist

i guess i pay attention to them after they catch my eye and see how the relationship develops :). do I like them? Can they sing? does the debut process annoy me? ect.

For example Loona who many like, the debut concept sooo annoys me i refuse to listen until the group is complete.

The reality shows make me nuts, particularity the in house ones(in agency) that by its self will put 2 strikes on a group. I have been un fond of them from AI to now.

becci likes this.