Do you prefer playing masculine video games or feminine video games

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by Pirinee, Sep 11, 2018.

1. UnnieBoy

UnnieBoy Newbie

Currency:
    buddy i'm a low 2k scrub and i'm definitely down to play with you. I usually dont play dota without a beer in hand so i'm certainly not some kind of sober try hard. i just love the game.

i'll pm you my steam id; feel free to send me a fr request if you're ever down to play.

honestly though, outside of this week i haven't really played much since TI so im still readjusting

2. AandyVale

AandyVale Super Rookie

Currency:
    What's masculine & feminine video games? I thought males and females could play the same games?? what is this bullshit? o_O

Haolat, solterowalmsey and StCatMouse like this.
  3. lTZY

lTZY Super Rookie

Currency:
    1st one

4. milkshakes

milkshakes ✰ honey10 ✰

Currency:
    u10t and wm artist superfan
    what lmao

solterowalmsey likes this.
  5. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    There is no such thing. Better categorization would probably be casual and hardcore games although even that's not definitive.
    MMOs and MOBAs are hardly 'feminine games' (whatever that means).

6. LisaLove

LisaLove Newbie

Currency:
    I don't really care as long as it's engaging. My favs are Ball Mayhem, Homescapes, Minecraft, Polysphere, Idle Supermarket Tycoon from apknite.

7. imthatxx

imthatxx Rookie

Currency:
    Professional Pokémon Go Player.
    I wanna know how you decided that those very Masculine vs Feminine!

solterowalmsey and StCatMouse like this.
  8. Marthalee

Marthalee Newbie

Currency:
    I agree. WTF is this question about? I love Bloodborne and I am a girl so what?

ChoIzanami likes this.
  9. Kiryu

Kiryu Newbie

Currency:
    I've never heard of masculine games and femenine games :O i though both boys and girls could play the same ones.

I'm a male and i like both.

10. saturation

saturation Newbie

Currency:
    Stanning EXO
    sure, because only gta v online is masculine. gta v storymode? nah.

11. loomynartychild

Currency:
    Im surprised youre calling Dota a feminine game hahaha

But masculine i guess, minus fortnite

Gabriella.Gotti likes this.
  12. solterowalmsey

Currency:
    funny topic. WoW, Dota have much blood, killing, creepy shaping like pudge, naix... And I don't see many girl players in that game. Girls like something cute like in League. I play polysphere. Do you classify game for other genders? haha

13. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    I wouldn't categorize games as "masculine" or "feminine". But I guess I play both then.

I like playing RPGs and strategy games, like Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, which could probably be more the female type? Although I know a lot of guys that love these games.
    Well, I do love The Sims, which has the reputation of beeing a "womans game", so that's female xD
    And yes, I have a LoL acc, but the community (which is mainly male) has gotten very toxic so I stopped playing.
    But I also love playing Fatal Frame, which is a survival horror series, I played RE5 and I also like Halo, a FPS, so I would say they're more masculine? Like with blood, gore, death people and aliens, that you shoot in the face to keep them away from you xD

14. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    How are FF & FE be more female type?

15. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    In the way that they are more "soft" games that focus on story, character developement, bonding and strategy in contrary to more gameplay driven and "hard" games like Gears or GTA, that have their focus on action packed sequences, having a faster pacing and handle violence in a different way, not wrapping it up nicely. And the list in the Opening post featured RPGs as "feminine" games, too, so I thought for the creator these games would be "feminine games".

16. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    So where do stealth games like Splinter Cell, Thief, or Metal Gear Solid lie then? They aren't full of action packed sequences nor is the pacing I would consider as fast. Are they "soft" games? How about games like Ghost Recon where you have the choice to go in stealthily or strategically but also gives you the option to go guns blazing?
    How about CRPGs like Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Divinity 2, or Knights of the Old Republic? They are all story-driven, there's obviously strategy otherwise you won't get far but like in the case of Mass Effect 2 and 3, the pacing is more akin to a third person shooter just like Deus Ex, if I may add.

17. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    Well, guess you'll have to ask Pirinee directly. Like I said, for me games are unisex. There may be genre that are more prone to be played by a certain sex, but I think people actually prefer a genre and not a "feminine" or "masculine" game.

But if you wanna nail me down for going with Pirinees theme, I think games like Ghost Racoon are maybe considered more "masculine" by Pirinee. Games like that are usually aimed at young men to show them how much fun war is and that enlisting is a great thing. CoD is even sponsored by the US Army for that purpose. I would categorize Splinter Cell and Metal Gear with them because of the military theme. The militar, protecting the nationand bonding in the mud over blood and sweat is still more the hollywood masculine picture flooting around (I hate that xD). There are almost no ladies around me that even considered going to the army. Or considered playing Ghost Racoon xD
    RPGs are, like I already said, categorized as "feminine" in Pirinees list. So maybe most high fantasy RPGs are more "feminine", because of the art style. I personally prefer Marcus Phoenix over Cloud just appereance based, but a lot of girls around me like the more feminine looking type that is so frequently used in asien RPGs.
    More medivial oriented games might be more "masculine" in terms of art style, character design and general world concept. If I was to compare "Final Fantasy" with "Skyrim", I'd say "Skyrim" is the rougher game in execution.
    Dunno if Pirinee agrees with that thou xD

18. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    Metal Gear is actually anti-war and anti-nuclear weapons. That's the whole major theme throughout the whole franchise. You are probably thinking of America's Army instead of CoD is it is not sponsored by the US Army. Actually most military games are anti-war especially the more recent ones. Sure, you shoot people and things blow up but it's usually in the service of stopping a possible world war III scenario or further escalation. Even CoD and Battlefield have shied away from glorifying war and have instead opted to show how visceral and traumatizing it is.
    Per RPG you are probably thinking of JRPGs in as much as the aesthetics are concerned and not necessarily the genre. But consider the systems in these RPGs. The thing that actually make them RPGs in the first place and not just how they look. The Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X is quite complex and very involved in their leveling system. Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are High Fantasy considering Dungeons and Dragons are its source material but they do not share the typical JRPGs art style. 'Rougher' as you say.

19. gersonh

gersonh Newbie

Currency:
    I love this video

You use download video in https://en.savefrom.net/
    This is Seven Nation Army The Glitch Mob Remix

20. Mich_le

Mich_le Rookie

Currency:
    Mmmmmmm.......Sims

ChoIzanami likes this.