Do you play Fortnite?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by betternet, Jun 15, 2019.

1. andreaamarley

andreaamarley Newbie

Currency:
    plays last year with friend

2. nps1337

nps1337 Newbie

Currency:
  3. adriang001

adriang001 Newbie

Currency:
    There are quite a few reasons why, I will try to list as many as I can.

• Massively Addicting
    • Each game is special and different in it’s own way
    • A lot of updates, so if something gets old, there are always new things to try
    • Depending on circumstances, the fights are won with skill
    • Is not pay to win
    • The fact that you can dance if you want, love how you can down an enemy and then dab on them
    • Is currently a super popular game
    • Not gory at all
    • You can see how much you have improved from when you first started and where you are currently
    • Has constantly changing meta and endgame strategy
    • Is cross-platform so you can play with friends even if you don’t have the same devices
    People have different reasons that they love playing fortnite, but these are my main reasons. :)

4. shybn

shybn ~Shy Bean~

Currency:
    this is the same with pubg right?

5. GDXT

GDXT Celebrity

Currency:
  6. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Trainee

Currency:
    Extensive K-Pop consumer
    No. I'm not very competetive in gaming and hate pure PvP games, so I never even thought about trying it. Also this Shooting-and-building-concept is somewhat bizzare for me. I like building stuff and I also sometimes like to shoot someone (it's great for releasing stress and anger xD), but the two things together at the same time... Seems weird to me. I would just be like: "Leave me alone, my dragon pit was almost complete and now you ruined it!" xD

7. mixtapeskz

mixtapeskz Married to @dokyeomon

Currency:
    Hyunjin stan
  8. roccog

roccog Newbie

Currency:
    What determines the magnitude of the FPS? Processor, graphics card or just a monitor?

9. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Idol

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    It's dependent on the game engine I think.

Some games - and I mean not just online games - are CPU hog like the last two Assassin's Creed (i.e. Origins and Odyssey). If you use the included system monitor in those games and you only have a quad core CPU, it would probably be running at 100% most of the time while your GPU is only using a portion of it's memory. This is of course, dependent on how decent your GPU is and how you tweaked the graphics option in the game. I have a GTX 1080 and the game is only using 1/3 of the VRAM and that is already at the highest preset. Ghost Recon Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2, Metro Exodus, Final Fantasy XV, GTA 5, and Deus Ex: Mankind Revolution are some of the games that are quite CPU-intensive.

A decent graphics card is a requirement especially for AAA games and if you want to turn on all the bells and whistles. Fortunately most online games are GPU-friendly as the developers and publishers aim to reach the most audience and not only gamers with premium hardware. Some examples of GPU-intensive games would be Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield V (I heard this game is also a CPU hog especially if you want to play the 64-player mode), Project CARS, heck even Crysis 3. Changing the resolution might help especially if you have low-to-mid spec PC along with lowering some of the graphical options. Just don't expect to play with everything turned on running at 4K.

Per your display, not much. I mean if you have a 60hz display, it can only output up to 60 FPS (not really but let's go with that, the explanation's a bit complicated) unless you overclock it (yes, you can overclock your display but only do that if you know what you are doing) and if you have 144hz monitor then it can go up to 144 FPS but all of this is dependent on your other hardware too. If you are playing a new-ish, graphics-intensive game and you have a weak CPU, GPU, and RAM, or sometimes even playing on an HDD rather than an SDD (not really with FPS but it will help with the hitching especially with open-world games), playing on a 144hz monitor wouldn't help you keep a decent FPS. Still dependent on what type of games you are playing and what bottlenecks your PC.

10. Rishabh_Bansal

Currency:
    Yes I do play Fortnite!

I love playing it and I found it better than PUBG ♥

11. barbara-j-berli

Currency:
    Yes!
    I daily play fortnite between 9 to 11 PM and this is in my favorite game list.

12. cole-m

cole-m Trainee

Currency:
    Tried it but I kinda lost interest real quick.

13. tryagain

tryagain Newbie

Currency:
    No. But i want