Do you like the way your body looks? If not, what would you change?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zuko1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. haettp

haettp Newbie

Apparently I'm a person who weighs more than they look. I have a flat stomach and beginnings of abs lol and it;s frustrating because I eat very little and exercise a lot so my upper body is very samll, but my thighs are thick (they've slimmed a little but I want a thigh gap) and I have a lot of muscle on my legs haha. I've recently lost the baby fat on my face (I have a v-line now!) but I'm trying to get to 115 lbs now

(i'm 5'6 and 127 lbs)

also I hate my skin color.. like I'm Korean, but my leg are really tan but my hands, wrists, and face are really pale?? i want to be pale all over!!

Zuko1 likes this.
  2. anat4ever

anat4ever Celebrity

shortest AKP user
    I don't love it, but it could be worse.
    I have two things I'd change, but can't decide which has priority.
    My height - wouldn't mind being short, but I'm shorter than the shortest country in the world, so being a tiny bit taller wouldn't hurt.
    My gut - my stomach's flat when I'm lying down, and not when I upright :( I mean i could exercise, but....

Zuko1 likes this.
  3. T_O_M_O_M_I

T_O_M_O_M_I Super Rookie

School
    i think that my face is ok, I need to loose 5kg to be on my ideal weight. I'm ok with it

Zuko1 likes this.
  4. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

You are at a perfectly good weight for your height! Plus, you mentioned that you can see the outline of your abs and you possess a lot of muscle on your thighs and legs.

Your body sounds incredible.:yesr:

Don't worry about weight too much and focus on how you look and feel. If you are feeling strong and healthy at this weight (perfectly normal weight) then keep being active and eat a bit more. At 115 lbs you would be at a BMI of 18.6 which is right on the lower end.

Of course, it's your body and you can do what you wish but I hope you are eating healthy foods and sleeping well.

I don't care about paleness but again, if that's important to you, I understand.

Aww, I read your occupation. I'm sure you look great but I understand your frustration at your height. However, it's something you cannot help so don't blame yourself but I hope you can accept it more and love (or at least like) your height. :)

:( LOL. I like your line about "exercise, but...."

Can you find some kind of physical activity that interests you? Do you like walking, running, hiking, sports, etc.?

It doesn't have to be much but 30 minutes of physical activity a day can help. I feel lifting weights is the best to increase metabolism and change how your body looks but if you hate the gym or lifting, then other forms of exercise are sufficient.

Also, I really like your DP but it always makes me believe you are sad.:cryingk:

I'm glad you are okay with your body!

Just try to be more active in little steps like walking more and playing some sports. Don't obsess over weight but eat healthy and be active. :excitedr:

5 Kg is a small amount so take it easy and don't overwork your body. Slow and steady is the best to change your body!

haettp, T_O_M_O_M_I and anat4ever like this.
  5. rosapastel

rosapastel Newbie

I think it's time for me to save up for a nose job, but part of me feels that I am already kind of old. So I feel like it would be "too late" to get one. I don't know why. I also would like to get a jaw shave because I have a square jaw, but I have never seen an actual successful one so that stops me from even thinking about it.
    Body wise, I would have liked to be either a bit taller or for my hips to be a bit smaller. I have short legs and semi-big hips and it just looks weirdly un-pretty. Stretchmarks removal is something I would like too, I forgot somehow even though I hate them a lot.

Haolat and Zuko1 like this.
  6. boringgirl

boringgirl Celebrity

Produce Trash
    I'm not really satisfied with how my body looks.

I'm pretty short (157 cm) but I want to be a bit taller like 162 cm
    I used to be pretty skinny but I've gained like 6 kgs. I'm 51 kgs now and I used to be 45 kgs (100 lbs). I want to go back to being 45 kgs.
    My skin tone is uneven everywhere. My legs and feet are lighter than the rest of my body.
    All my cousins are pale and idk why I haven't gotten there yet.
    I have quite a lot of body hair as well and I want to get rid of it.
    I get told by my mom that I look tired all the time but it's just my eyes. I also need to stop staying up late.
    I still have baby fat on my face too. I just want my face to look smaller.
    I wish my thighs, arms and stomach were smaller.

I really need to take time and work out. It's been years since I've properly exercised.

Zuko1 likes this.
  7. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

I suppose I could use some horns, wings and a tail, then I'd be happy

Haolat and Zuko1 like this.
  8. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

It's your body and face but I always believe natural is better. :) Jaw shaving and a nose job sounds so scary to me; I could never go under surgery. :quietr:

We all have stretchmarks so don't worry about them but I know how hard it is to accept.

You are still at a normal weight and being 45 kg would make you underweight for your height. However, it's your body so be the weight which makes you feel the most healthy and happy.

That is weird unless you always wore pants outside and never wore shorts. It's the opposite for me where my face, legs and arms are darker than my stomach because I was always in the sun as a kid.

Perhaps you can go for laser hair removal if that's something you want to pursue.

Yes. Poor sleep wreaks a havoc on your eyes and body. Try to sleep at a proper time and aim for 7-8 hours of sleep. Make sure you are eating enough vegetables and fruits for your health.

We cannot target body fat in certain areas. :( Plus, you are already at a good weight so your face just likes to hold on to a little bit of fat. :) I think that looks better than a hollow face personally.

Try going for walks, running, lifting weights or playing sports multiple times a week and eat healthy.

Yes, it's hard to get the motivation but you should just ease into it and try to exercise every weekend and slowly go more frequently. Good luck.

:whatk:

rosapastel and Tuturuu like this.
  9. SlaYall

SlaYall Idol

x
    Unsatisfied. As a relatively young person, I wish my metabolism actually matched to my age and peers’ level. Unfortunately, I’d have to work super hard at it and I just don’t have the time for all that. But I’m trying to create time. (I’m a premed student who is also on an unsubsidized loan...). I hate invisible chronic diseases. I hate diseases in general.

I also want to be taller.

Zuko1 likes this.
  10. anat4ever

anat4ever Celebrity

shortest AKP user
    Most of the time, I'm ok with my height. After not growing for 15 years, I've gotten used to it. At least, I'm taller than my mom lol. It's just the 1% of the time I can't reach something that most adults can (besides my mom xD)

My gut is a side effect of a medical treatment. It's not losing fat that's a problem (looks the same upright regardless of my weight), but more toning abdominal muscles... and that sounds like a lot of pain and effort to me lol.

That's an interesting take on my DP because a lot of Seohyun's face forward photos that I like, her "model face" is frown-y and sad looking.

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

Zuko1 likes this.
  11. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Lol. My mom is short (under 5') and I am slightly below average (173 cm) for a male. I'm sure you look great!

I'm sorry about your medical issue. I hope you are feeling better now and in good health.

No problem. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.:merongk:

The reason I thought that about your DP was due to the combination with your username which I first thought, related to anorexia ("ana"). Sorry for the weird assumption but then I saw the "t" in your username so I was confused as to the meaning of your username.

anat4ever likes this.
  12. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with your body. I understand that improving your fitness and metabolism takes effort and time. However, you can also increase it slightly by eating a diet with higher protein and fiber. Diet is the a major factor so try to eat lots of fruits, vegetables and unprocessed meats.

Wow, you are premed student! I hope you do well in your studies and become a doctor. :D

I hate diseases as well but I'm glad you want to do something to help people. :excitedr:

SlaYall likes this.
  13. anat4ever

anat4ever Celebrity

shortest AKP user
    Thanks! I'm 4'9", so I can relate to your mom. My dad and brother are a good 5 inches shorter than you, so you'd definitely be tall next to us.
    99.999% of the time, I'm perfectly healthy, so the biggest problem is just simply the gut that has zero probability of going away. Guess that means exercise :sweatr:
    :eek: That never occurred to me, but I can see where you're coming from. ANAT is my initials including my two part middle name.
    And don't worry about it, my DP does look sad now that I look at it, so not a crazy observation.

Zuko1 likes this.
  14. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Ha ha, exercise isn't so bad.:annoyedr:

It was nice talking to you and thanks for the explanation. :)

anat4ever likes this.
  15. In2ManyFandoms

In2ManyFandoms Married to @StrayLuv

Supporting SuperM
    I mean I want to be more fit but other than that, yeah im pretty satisfied :)

Zuko1 likes this.
  16. njsjyghsjmthjk

njsjyghsjmthjk Trendsetter

I'm bittersweet about my scars.

My main issue with them is that they're a little too visible and that can attract curious eyes and pokey noses.

Zuko1 likes this.
  17. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Try playing some sports you enjoy or lift some weights. I'm glad you are content!

In2ManyFandoms likes this.
  18. In2ManyFandoms

In2ManyFandoms Married to @StrayLuv

Supporting SuperM
    I don't really like sports, but I will probably (not) start working out a little more :)

Zuko1 likes this.
  19. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Lots of people find scars attractive. ;)

njsjyghsjmthjk likes this.
  20. njsjyghsjmthjk

njsjyghsjmthjk Trendsetter

I would love to go to that place honestly. Where I am, scars have attracted pity eyes and disgust. So I hide them.

Zuko1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted