Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Do you feel that..

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Cassick, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Cassick

Cassick Artist

In the next 5 years, will any girl groups be able to achieve what BTS have been recently?​

Elizabeth_Xin likes this.
  2. KpopFanIGuess

KpopFanIGuess Artist

3. Elizabeth_Xin

Elizabeth_Xin Legend

Fangirls are a powerful and scary thing.....so not sure :whatr:

4. ARMY_Princess

ARMY_Princess Entertainer

Black Pink probably. The world loves hip hop and r&b mostly and they certainly have that. TWICE is pretty hip too and actually have great songs, but they need to stop that cutesy concept.

5. jbeanbean

jbeanbean Artist

i'd hope so
    tbh they all deserve success the world is so unfair : (

6. 10thsense

10thsense Rookie

Blackpink so far has the most international grasp... but no i dont feel that most gg will

Jang_Sunny likes this.
  7. Abeamus

Abeamus Star

Blackpink have the most promise for growth, but with the way YG is treating them they'd be lucky to even be around in 5 years. So it's likely a no.

Jang_Sunny and yupitsme like this.
  8. aestheticqweens

Blackpink has the most potential to break out into the international market, but they'll never reach their full potential because YG can't sleep at night watching his female acts succeed..

Jang_Sunny likes this.
  9. katahtattat

do you mean identical or only western?

i mean twice is goIng to play kohaku, which is more prestigious than the amas

10. Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne Artist

I really hope so. The problem though, is that globally, the entertainment world is driven by raunchy sex and objectification. Kpop flirts with that too much but isn't as in-your-face as the rest of the world. It's too "sweet" and doesn't seem like it would be digested well unless people got used to it.

I'm not a fan of the girl group overly cutesy stuff, but in my opinion, the world could use more of that and a lot less hoochie skank. I think now that BTS is opening up people's eyes to this vein of music production, it's possible the girl groups will be explored more and the potential is there.

BTS got widely popular from the help of ARMYs. They were constantly posting things, talking about and generally making the world around them aware of their existence. Girl groups CAN achieve this if their fans really promote them. ;) I know my friends are tired of hearing me blab about BlackPink. I don't care if they groan about my talk about "teenage try-hard wannabes." Their songs are fun to listen to! We fans are the street teams that push our faves forward!

11. KRZO

KRZO Entertainer

Sure, why not ?

What's like a REALLY good reason it couldn't happen ?

12. KRZO

KRZO Entertainer

Plenty of "clean" songs still rule the charts though.

Look at Taylor Swift, Adele, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Charlie Puth, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, etc.

They all have hit songs just as clean as some huge Kpop ones.

Mehrvigne likes this.
  13. JinXLuffy

JinXLuffy Artist

The real question is, will there ever be another fandom like ARMY...Say what you want about us, but we have that social media game on lockdown.:yesr:

Mehrvigne likes this.
  14. mostlydeadinside

If we are talking about only girl groups black pink has the best chance if yg doesn't ruin them. America doesn't like overly cute like twice. I think Kard would have the best chance they already have a good size fan base and they just debuted.

15. SHINeeSLAYhaterS

16. MULTI_Fandom0808

ARMY surely is huge now, i remember when BTS can't even be in candidate 1 in music shows, theyre grown up <3 .... BP has the chance but YG has the key to it.

17. EATJINKOOK

EATJINKOOK Trainee

We don't know but i Guess it depends on the effort of the fans also. Like bruh ARMY's are everywhere where being called roaches because we're everywhere promoting our faves but it paid off look where our oppas now. But still it depends on the music, the singers, the company, the fans . Everyone played a big role to be successful as BTS. BTS has been/ being loved because of their music and personalities. Like In my case, Their music and personalities really catches my attention. :dancer::yesr::cryingr:

18. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

Like many have said, BlackPink, if YG doesn't ruin their career before it has even taken off

Jang_Sunny likes this.
  19. chantellesalem

chantellesalem Super Rookie

i feel like what you should be asking is, what fandom will be able to achieve what army has, while BTS success mainly lies with their talent, their venture into the US was purely the effort of their fans. I feel like many groups could get this far if their fandom was able to work as hard as army did to promote their boys

20. gay6

gay6 Entertainer

no offence but blackpink have no r&b music