[DISCUSSION/RANT] Why is man-hating popular?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by MassiveKpopFan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Married to @njsjyghsjmthjk

Currency:
    Student
    So a little earlier, I stumbled upon this Twitter thread (which made me sad because I bias Jeongyeon:oops:). I saw this comment talking about how both Chae and Jeongyeon are popular among male fans and then this user (who has since been blocked for reasons stated below) chimed in with "men don't count" and got WAY more likes. I am of the unpopular opinion that the majority kpop stans masquerading as feminists are in the wrong regarding the actual goal of feminism, which I have learned is that in its purest form, it's gender equality for both women and men in all fields of life: education, jobs, family, etc. Most of the time it's a lot of thinly veiled attacks at men stating they're worthless, they don't deserve rights, etc. So I replied with, "Hating on men isn't a personality trait."

upload_2019-11-23_12-23-15.png

i will be honest, part of this came from the naive me thinking that all people could be mature on stan twt (I clown myself sometimes :rolleyes:), and also because as both a male stan who is a multi with BTS as his ult, tweets openly hating on people like me just because of my sex and music taste makes me feel very invalidated in something that's supposed to be fun. The user then told me they don't care, and then I replied saying that as a male, it makes me uncomfortable to see this happening, but I thought it would be wise to cut it there because I didn't want this to escalate further. But then, they replied again saying that men's opinion on women are invalid and not wanted, when they did the EXACT SAME thing regarding all men just a few minutes before.

upload_2019-11-23_12-24-12.png

To be very clear, I am in no way a misogynist, or even worse a "meninist":confused:. For reference, I am gay, so I already experienced toxic masculinity and gaslighting when I was younger and I want absolutely no part in perpetuating that system going forward. I recognize that patriarchy exists and has for millennia, and more female representation is needed in politics, high-level STEM careers, and entertainment for starters. I preface this because I know there are some mean trolls on this site who love to nitpick things, especially on sensitive topics like these.

To continue, the user proceeded to quote me, attacking me for having an opinion and using the fact that I stan I-DLE to further invalidate me. ANOTHER user who wasn't even a part of my original thread replied that because I'm a man who stans I-DLE, I should just shut up. At this point I was kind of fed up.

upload_2019-11-23_12-26-19.png
    upload_2019-11-23_12-28-13.png
    upload_2019-11-23_12-28-58.png
    upload_2019-11-23_12-29-36.png

I then proceeded to block both of them, because I was actually about to cry. Deadass. All I did was disagree with someone and then both users proceeded to call me out for liking a group:(. The "ethnic hip" thing (which I should have put in quotes in my tweet) is something I'm still wary of regarding Soyeon, especially as a black man. Yuqi (which is who I'm sure they're also referring to) was not in the wrong for her comment, and even I could tell that it was meant as a joke. I am opening up a discussion to all of you because I don't how to feel right now. I know there are actual feminists here on allkpop who I would like to hear more from. If you know of anyone who is, please tag them. I would love to learn some more. I did my own research regarding man hatred in pop culture as well as a bit of misandry, which I didn't even know was a thing. I recognize that by responding to the user, I was inviting trouble and that maybe they meant men in general, not me specifically. I also do not believe that all feminists are man haters.The articles I read are linked below.

NOTE: If you are not a mature user who is capable of learning something through this talk, stay off my thread. I don't have time for bigots today, or ever for that matter.:annoyedr:

NOTE: I do not dislike feminists nor the feminist movement. I am still learning about it myself.

Some articles for you to read:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...minists-treat-men-badly-its-bad-for-feminism/

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...me-women-sexism-racism-feminism-a8586591.html

https://time.com/3101429/misandry-misandrist-feminist-womenagainstfeminism/

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/man-hating-goes-mainstream/

https://babe.net/2018/03/05/twitter-misandry-feminism-hate-men-37041

Heamic08, Bang_Ching, Menean and 15 others like this.
  2. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    yes, I know I typed a lot, but I guess this is why people say they don't use stan Twitter. Jeez

3. milqy

milqy Public Figure

Currency:
    Last yugoslavian living
    i had a twitter for a little bit but quickly stopped because fans like this.
    i think this user was just joking at first but it quickly went downhill. It's mainly gg stans who do this (i am a gg stan) and im guilty of it while trolling,i think they just get defensive when the subject changes from the female idol to the male fans. some of them find the fact that grown men like these idols,,i dont get why because its the same for male idols to have grown female fans. i am a feminist but these fans need to direct their anger somewhere else, not these fans who mind their won business.
    as for the soyeon comment, i dont like her much or the group but theres no need to drag her in it.

4. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    i do know it starts out trolling, but like this user for example, the moment their joke gets called out or questioned, then they turn to attacking. I'm hoping I am not victimizing myself in all honesty, because this issue is nowhere near as big as systematic misogyny that's been going on for hundreds of years

soapycolors likes this.
  5. Celinegirls

Celinegirls Celebrity

Currency:
  6. SuckaMCs

SuckaMCs Super Rookie

Currency:
    The main issue with stan twt and to a lesser extent forum boards is that people have the ability to be all things bad from the safety of their phone or keyboard, without fear of repercussion. I wouldn't worry too much about what some bozo on the interwebs has to say.

7. BlackpinkHouse

BlackpinkHouse Public Figure

Currency:
    It's woke culture, it's crazy, you see it on TW and Tumblr all the time. All of this is just part of the same infection of SJW cancel culture. Hollywood for some reason has adopted it, so media elites using social media have spread it.

The rest of America that don't live on either the West or East Coast don't care about this crap. I've spent much of my adult life as a left leaning moderate, GOP is a party for folks who hate minorities and for the rich, but it's getting really hard to support Dems when their core base really believes in crap like political correctness, cultural appropriation, mansplaining, microaggressions, and whatever other hot button terms they use.

gh05t and ninjaboy228 like this.
  8. milqy

milqy Public Figure

Currency:
    Last yugoslavian living
    i dont think this was victimizing at all, what this was is you got tag teamed for defending men who happen to like females (which is fucking normal). but this was just toxic for no reason on their part.

MassiveKpopFan likes this.
  9. ExoticPride

ExoticPride ❂Snake Lord❂

Currency:
    ♛ʀᴏʏᴀʟᴛʏ sᴛᴀɴ ♛
    Welcome to modern feminism

10. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    soapycolors and Celinegirls like this.
  11. JustWhatIThink

JustWhatIThink Super Rookie

Currency:
    That's sad but not new, I just recommend you to don't even discuss with these types of people, it's not only because they are Kpop stans on Twitter that they are like this, but they have this circlejerk where the wokeness is selective and will bash any men for existing because "they all are trash". Discussing with this kind of people specially on Twitter is useless, they aren't gonna change their mind even when you bring facts because they are too proud and delusional for that, these types of girls are not even feminists to me no matter how hard they try to be labelled as such, they just hate men and are selective about their wokeness.

realhorse, 9397Duo and MassiveKpopFan like this.
  12. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    i know not all feminists are like this, and I wish that this wasn't such a prominent force in pop culture today

soapycolors likes this.
  13. Celinegirls

Celinegirls Celebrity

Currency:
    I felt sad because when I see sad.

Don't be sad. That person doesn't seem think logically.

I am a woman and I believe women=men. I don't hate men.

soapycolors, milqy and MassiveKpopFan like this.
  14. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    Microaggressions do exist, contrary to what you believe. It happens all the time

15. milqy

milqy Public Figure

Currency:
    Last yugoslavian living
    they're probably just teenage girls (sadly probably my age) that dont know what exactly to be angry at so they go on twitter and tumblr finding useless things to be angry at, cus you know men cant listen to music made by women they're too busy oppressing the minority girls.
    why couldnt i have been a feminist in the 70s?

16. hopeonthestreet

hopeonthestreet Celebrity

Currency:
    Hopin' around
    Toxic feminist gg stans :annoyedr: Bc of shitty ppl like this I'm ashamed to say I'm a kpop stan.

17. dokyeomon

dokyeomon Married to @blankpersona

Currency:
    blankpersona's side bitch
    At this point it became a trend/meme,people will use it just to sound ''quirky''.

And the other part of it is your usual feminazi agenda.

soapycolors likes this.
  18. milqy

milqy Public Figure

Currency:
    Last yugoslavian living
    i deny it in public lmao i havent came out yet to regular people i know

19. milqy

milqy Public Figure

Currency:
    Last yugoslavian living
    however what is kind of ticking me off here, that i keep seeing what i assume is bg stans saying "toxic feminist propaganda" like bg stans dont do the same thing

chuusaintyves likes this.
  20. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    Read this response made by @Angela_Cao in another thread

Angela_Cao likes this.