Diet and exercise

Discussion in 'Fashion & Beauty' started by yooonoon, Sep 25, 2019.

1. yooonoon

yooonoon Newbie

So I'm in that situation that I'm overweight in which I had hoped I wouldn't be... so here's some background information about me because it's easier to judge that way and figure out what I should do and what tips would be the best for.

I'm a 21 year old female, studying in the capital of my country. I moved her last year due to my studies and at that time I weighed 65kg(idk how much that is in lbs) but over the year have I gained 5 kg while I tried to lose weight and I can see the problem with my weight gain... I dont excercise a lot, which is the motivation..

the diet: I eat too much sugar carbs and fat, especially at my work where I have to get some quick energy in order to help costumer. I know I should do more work but I need help with exercises when I work out.. I know weights is a good thing and so is running but how to balance it? As well as the diet? I mean I can't let go of meat, it's a part of my diet I have had for a long time and even then I dont eat that much meat anyway.

I do hope people can help me, because I have to get ready for my dance groups covers

2. random-one

random-one Trainee

This is the root of all evils seriously.
    You need to decrease it, do it slowly so you can adapt, replace sugar by artificial sweetners.
    Apply the formula of "half vegs, quarter protein, quarter grains and dairy products"
    You may excerise early or if you can't just try simple walking instead of complete ride.
    I did that and lost 5 kgs in month bcuz i was slow and put lots of free days :p
    I ate zucchini and vegs for dinner for complete month and i helped.
    Wish you good luck and strong will.

3. dong_ii

dong_ii Married to @mochichu

diet can easily lose you 5 kgs and more....easily

no need to lift weights, just do natural work as often as you can

take the stairs, offer to do chores, sit straight instead of leaning or slouching

and diet hard

cut out all the junk

it worked wonders for me back when i was in the same spot as you

got back in shape in a matter of months without entering a gym

4. dong_ii

dong_ii Married to @mochichu

oh btw, if you eat less and convince your body you dont need extra food, you wont feel hungry

5. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

How tall are you and can you give an example of what you would eat in a day so I can calculate the calories? Also do you exercise?

6. yooonoon

yooonoon Newbie

My height is 159cm
    And weight is 70,2 kg..

7. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Yeah you're overweight your bmi is 28. And to get to a normal healthy weight you would need to lose 20lbs (9kg) to get a weight of 135lbs (61kg)

You need to change your diet. Dieting is 80% of weightloss and being a dancer will make it easier. Try substituting the current food you eat the sweets and sugar, plus oily and fatty foods with healthier options with fruits and zero calorie sparkling water. Carbs aren't bad, but you need to reduce your intake.

There's a ton of healthy options out there , but when you moved to the capital, you had access to more options and yeah, some of those options are not the healthiest, but it all balances out. There are healthy choices that taste just as amazing. I could talk on and on about food and nutrition really.

Well the lowest recommended calorie intake is 1,200 to lose weight, but just know, you need a calorie deficiency of 3,500. Weightloss is more than just, "I have a dance thing in 20 days, is it possible to lose 20lbs (9kg)?" No. Losing 3lbs (1.5kg) when you're not morbidly obese or extremely overweight is not only unhealthy but impossible. The supposed 3lbs (1.5kg) you could be losing would most likely be water weight, which can easily be gained back.

Do go on a diet, diets don't work, change you lifestyle and habits.

Hope this helps!

8. pockerFACE

pockerFACE Newbie

I'm on a low carbs diet... I used to skip dinner for few months and once I reached my ideal weight I'm trying to keep it. Of course it varies plus/minus 500-900gm everyday but as far as I know it's totally fine

9. lexiknapp98

lexiknapp98 Newbie

take a deep breath ~ you've got this!
    I think firstly sugar is the thing to be minimised (I know it's hard, I have the biggest sweet tooth), consuming foods high in processed sugar ends up making you hungrier and this sugar turns into fat. That being said, don't be scared of foods with healthy fats like avocados, or even full fat products. Be weary of things that say "sugar free" or "low sugar" as they tend to have more processing and chemicals.. same with "fat-free", these products tend to have a lot of sugar.

Fill up on complex carbs (carbs aren't actually bad), like sweet potato, brown rice and veg. Snack on in-season fruit, as they will provide you with that natural sugar boost, you could take a mix of fruits and nuts into work to snack on. The fruits will give you an energy boost and the nuts will provide you with protein and healthy fats keeping you full. Just a small handful is enough. Bread isn't bad either, and fills you up well. Just stick to things like wholemeal, not white bread which is very processed.

Meals like soups, packed with veg and protein can be good, and you can have it with a wholemeal roll to fill you up. It's about feeling full from healthy foods so you aren't craving to eat lots of sugary foods.

As for the exercise, personally I think one can loose weight effectively without going to the gym and a huge amount of physical activity... diet is 80 percent of it, and physical activity is only 20 percent. If you really do want to work out, be mindful that you may build muscle by working out in the gym, which can make it seem like you've gained weight. I recommend dance or zumba, either taking a class or doing it in your room as a really good way to burn off some calories without building muscle. If you're already doing dance, just practice them in your room and create a playlist to different songs for 40 min that you can dance through.

10. StarFruitie

StarFruitie Trainee

Army★Once
    I'm around the same height as you and I'm trying to diet too. I think having a good mental mindset will help the most because I've been trying to diet for years now and I've always lost my mind to food in the end.