Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Did you know Leehi has a 10 year contract with YG?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by ForgottenSoul, Mar 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ForgottenSoul

[​IMG]

MY POOR GIRL..shes going to have like 4/5 albums in 10 years at this rate.

2. StarlightMonbebe

3. drakan

drakan Artist

10 yrs in the dungeon...poor girl.

4. jytjuyikhujo

jytjuyikhujo Legend

Stanning Girl Groups
    I knew about its so sad, shes was only like 16 and had to sign a 10 year contract. Shes gonna be stuck for so long..

Im just praying one day YG realizes he doesnt promote Lee Hi and he moves her to HighGround with Tablo one day I dream.:(

5. Lubby00

Lubby00 Legend

Really pathetic how YG sleeps on their artist like this & waste their years where they can be living their dreams

I would say Lee Hi had it worse amongst YGs artist, but then again Katie Kim has yet to debut so YG is fucking a lot of their artist over

The incoherence is real.

6. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

It is not like JYP is treating 15& any better, is it?
    Or any other Kpop star finalists. How many of them have gotten somewhere?

7. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Artist

This is a huge issue. Getting young people to sign ridiculously long contracts should be illegal.

I had no idea. And unless she goes to court and fo forces her way out (which is a long expensive task anyway) she’s done for. 3 of those ten years were spent with her literally doing nothing with her time

I feel really bad for her now

8. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Artist

Its really not the time to compare experiences. She had the strongest debut. Why not give her work?

What was the ten year contract for if you were going to let her sit and do nothing for four of them

mirella likes this.
  9. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

10. lizvip

lizvip Star

From the regualtions thats not possible (all were modify with TVXQ fiasco), mostly like her contract ended and she re-new it ( had a 3 years contract and then renew it for 7 more, or modify it then) . Or have 7 years contract.

#10 lizvip, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    jimeous and lyricaldancer10 like this.
  11. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Artist

So...?

What’s that supposed to be? Is it “she wasn’t doing nothing she was working on her music for two years?”

Or was that “she’s having a comeback eventually so it’s not like she’s got nothing going on”

Or “she was doing a show so she’s not broke”

How about we talk about the fact that her last comeback wouldn’t have even happened if it weren’t for Tablo? Or that she has two albums to her name in all these years. Or that they want to send her to Japan without even having a solid fan base in Korea

But I’m sleep

12. lizvip

lizvip Star

Lee Hi Does deserve her comeback and full promotions, but again lets be real, Tablo is a YG producer and YG appointed him to work for Lee Hi album, is not like Tablo just decided it on his own becuase she had a contract with him, because no he did not, and things does not work like that.

If we are talking of more albums releses and promotions I agree Lee Hi should have more, specially for her being a solo artist and not in a group than can get work with them and after solo.
    But again if we talk about work in general , yes she have got. She had her aisa show cases (concerts, adverstiments, recently ost), festivals ,and re-recorded all her songs i japanese and corrently promoting in japan.
    Should she have more? YES!! SURE!!, but atleast lets not act like she have not got anything to do.

13. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

Look, I wrote this just few hours ago on this same forum, in another thread ok?
    I am not defending YG or anyone else, so please, take your agression somewhere else. I am just trying focus on another aspect - it is hard for female soloists, harder than it is for idols. Joo, Nc.A and bunch of others would confirm. One bad release, and people don't care. Baek Ah Yeon's 2016 comeback song had 1 million downloads and the next year 2017 she flopped hard with just 200.000. That's one harsh downfall, I would say. Idol life is hard, but soloist life is much harder. Idols can release just one hit song, and then capitalize on fanbase they have for the rest of life, like Super Junior. Soloists don't have that chance.

Papayaaa and Riko_Nee like this.
  14. lyricaldancer10

lyricaldancer10 Super Rookie

That was my thought too

lizvip likes this.
  15. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Artist

Seoulite was released under Highgrnd though? So Tablo absolutely saved lee hi from wasting away

16. lizvip

lizvip Star

HIGHGROUND in under YG. And YG was the one that decided that Tablo would be incharge of ther album prepartions, not the other way around.

The CEO first revealed the reason for entrusting Epik High's Tablo and DJ Tukutz with the album production, saying, "When Lee Hi's comeback was set, Tablo came to me and said, 'There are so few female solo artists working with hip-hop in Korea. I'd love to give a shot at hip-hop for Lee Hi's new album.' When they came to me with the finished work, my reaction was 'Admirable'."

So YES , Yg decided Lee Hi was comming back and appoimted him for the preparations.

Also YG is the one in charge of all the promotional stuff.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...ee-his-new-album-breathe-composed-by-jonghyun

17. lizvip

lizvip Star

Exactly. There are regulation that should be follow, and the comission now and then get to revice them as well. So this is all weird, so probably renew it or modify it after 2 or 3 years.

#17 lizvip, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    lyricaldancer10 likes this.
  18. hamster37

hamster37 Artist

isnt the maximum length of the contract 7 years after JYJ's lawsuit?? Or is that only for groups?

jimeous and lizvip like this.
  19. lizvip

lizvip Star

Yes. Thats why this does not add up.

20. NoCookie90

NoCookie90 Artist

Its been 5 years and the only new things i can enjoy from her is her instagram posts. Yg why u do dis???