Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Did you experience the breakthrough with any group you stan?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by jagerjack, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

Well, I kinda slept on Gfriend and Exid as most of the people, but with BtoB and Momoland, I finally know how does it feel:yesr:

With BtoB it was actually so relieving. Cause, they've debuted in killer year 2012 and were behind everyone, Exo, Nuest, Bap, 100%. And then they had few disappointing comebacks and at some point I thought they were done:waterr:

Hope April is my next breakthrough experience:lover1:

2. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™
    Events Team

uwuing into oblivion
    vixx also debuted in 2012 but everyone forgets about them :<
    as for breakthroughs, nuest i guess? i mean theyre not huge but they finally got some recognition

3. whateverwonwoo

nu'est, seventeen... i guess red velvet too since their comebacks last year were their major breakthrough

4. Rand_Al_Thor

Gfriend i first saw them while watching snsd (it was the first cb stage of MGT) I was a fan by the time lion heart came out.

legendjekki likes this.
  5. ReigningQueen

ReigningQueen Artist

Bangtan's bitch
    bts, seventeen, red velvet are the only ones I can think of at the moment

6. Iris_Dragonoure

Iris_Dragonoure Entertainer

Seventeen Garbage
    I stanned NU'EST(my first group) back in July 2016, and the fandom was so tiny. The discord server had no more than 15 people and a bot. Most of their MVs had a handful thousand views.
    Now they're so insanely popular. I'm proud, but I'm also kinda sad that the fandom isn't as close as it used to be.

oxygenize and jagerjack like this.
  7. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Artist

TVXQ, SNSD and MAMAMOO.

But i've been into k-pop since I was 10 years old in 2004.

So i've seen A LOT of groups have their breakthrough hahaha and I ain't even old lol

sgjb_98 and ByungSoonLoveUni like this.
  8. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

I kinda mean like total breakthroughs, from no one to stars. SM groups don't qualify for that.
    But thanks for your comments)

9. legendjekki

legendjekki Artist

H.O.T Promoter
    mhh i saw alot of breaktroughs. I am happy for example to see how far Exid has come. I remember when I watched 5mbc ( a show for Block B) where they listen to Everynight. The boys were so in love and it made me glad to see them listing to these girls .
    but what i kinda regret is not getting into infinite sooner. Like I got into them when they started sesame player ( huge MBLAQ fan so when news got out someone other will do S2 i wanted to give them a chance an watch the first ep at least). I just fell in love with thier personalities at first and needed to check the mv's asap. now they are one of my top groups.

10. ByungSoonLoveUni

Groups I was a fan of while they had their breakthrough...
    Well... Here we go:

From Big 3:
    - TVXQ
    - 2PM
    - F(x)
    - Super Junior
    - SNSD
    - Wonder Girls
    - Red Velvet
    - Exo
    - Shinee
    - Winner

From Smaller Companies:
    - B.A.P
    - EXID
    - 4 Minute
    - Secret
    - Kara
    - Infinite
    - BTS
    - Beast
    - IU
    - T-Ara

02MaxX02 likes this.
  11. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

I didn't forget them. The reason I didn't mention them cause in 2012 they also had weak debut BtoB alike, even weaker. Their breakthrough came after On and On concept change.

12. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™
    Events Team

uwuing into oblivion
    good point, superhero was all kinds of terrible :teeheek:

jagerjack likes this.
  13. lizvip

lizvip Star

YES, with TVXQ, BIGBANG , 2NE1, WINNER, SHINee.....may be I'm forgeting some? Solos as well?

14. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

None of them had breakthrough-_- they were all hyped predebut. Winner is fastest group to win award show after debut.

15. soshilovelife

soshilovelife Legend

Only Red Velvet and Blackpink. Oh my girl is rising in popularity but I can't speak of a breakthrough yet. My other groups either I didn't know them when they broke through and in the case of EXO I was sleeping on them

16. lizvip

lizvip Star

No they were not. BIG BANG was a nugu who did not do well till LIES. SHINee did not even knew they were debuting and the company did not even give info till a week before it, and they did not get reconized in korea till love like oxygen and internationally with lucifer. WINNER Had a very hard time and they make is with Really really. TVXQ were normal idols till, they make it big as well with rising sun,and not talking about japan how thry started ftom 0 and know being consuderate Jpop.

That and idol come from a big company does not automatically means they make it instantly, and did not happen with the majority I mentioned.

charlenemt and 02MaxX02 like this.
  17. sgjb_98

sgjb_98 Rookie

Yes! I began following Mamamoo before their debut, became a fan after seeing their debut stage (them vocals!) and saw them go from unknown and underrated to very succesful and well-known!! I'm so proud of them, they've deserved it!! :D

I was also there when EXO debuted, became a fan and saw them become the legends they still are!

02MaxX02 likes this.
  18. loomynartychild

Ive known of BTS/listened to some songs since 2014 if that counts

Also you could say iKON I guess

19. elfinkyy

elfinkyy Super Rookie

I've had the privilege of seeing breakthroughs for GOT7 (I was there since Girls Girls Girls lol), VIXX (I started was OBSESSED with the Hyde dance practice) and even BTS (I remember watching the livestream of their showcase for 2 Kool 4 Skool on 1theK).

I have also been following NCT since their first NCT U song The 7th Sense and even their V Live show with Heechul and Red Velvet all the way back to their Happiness Days.

I have to admit I haven't really been hardcore fans of any of the groups I mentioned (other than BTS lol) but I have watched their title song MVs and checked out their albums so I have been able to see the growth of their music and their fans!

20. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Artist

But TVXQ does count in that. They did start from the bottom along with BoA (especially in Japan, they are the ones that made it possible for other groups to go there)

But name them all, i've seen them all have their breakthrough. Been there for so long

lizvip likes this.