Did we jump to conclusions about AOA?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by KatyRae101, Aug 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. KatyRae101

KatyRae101 Trainee

Currency:
    After reading about the situation with ANS, I’ve been thinking that maybe people jumped to conclusions too quickly about AOA. For those who don’t know:
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...o-insinuate-that-shes-suffering-from-bullying
    https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...ir-contracts-after-haena-bullying-controversy
    Haena made posts implying she was bullied by her members, but the other 7 released a statement saying that there was no bullying, they didn’t spend much time with her, their agency was horrific, and the only disagreement they’d had with Haena was about her not going to school.
    Looking back, Mina only really told one story about Jimin being insensitive when Mina’s father was dying and her confronting Jimin about that incident. The rest was mostly just talking about how she had been feeling, her mental health struggles and her saying that she blamed Jimin and later the other members as well. We’ve never heard from any of the other members.
    Were we too quick to judge without knowing all the information?

2. KatyRae101

KatyRae101 Trainee

Currency:
    Before anyone gets the wrong idea, let me say I don’t think Mina lies or anything like that. But people interpret events differently, and without hearing from the others I think it may have been unfair to assume the worst of them all.

3. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Nope I still think they knew she had issues and did nothing would you people be saying this if Mina accidently cut more then she did and died?

If she blames them for her mental health why wouldnt I believe her when the others have said nothing? I dont think someone would go as far as she did if she didnt believe they were the reason.

Like even the apology stuff from Jimin and the others after she first came out put me off quite a bit.

4. thighssavelives

thighssavelives Jihyo is my Daddy

Currency:
    luda's basement
    can we not do this shit.

lingzi-xuan and RedvelvetxTwice like this.
  5. KatyRae101

KatyRae101 Trainee

Currency:
    I’m not sure it’s fair either way to put all the blame for Mina’s mental state on anyone. Working in the entertainment industry is stressful, she has also stated that her family has financial issues, plus she seems to have a lot of guilt over the circumstances of her father’s death. I’m not saying she wasn’t bullied, but her struggling doesn’t necessarily mean the other girls did anything wrong.

6. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Public Figure

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    The fact that the company apologized and Jimin retired from the industry should be enough proof. Jimin wouldn't just let false accusations fly if they weren't actually true because they ruined her career.

ForgottenSoul likes this.
  7. AnyoneGotGum

AnyoneGotGum Public Figure

Currency:
    I honestly think the agency would’ve jumped to AOA’s defence already if they had something that would’ve significantly changed public opinion...they have a whole group’s reputation on the line after all

At the same time, I’m not going any further than what Mina’s said about it. So many people started pulling up random videos and making their own conclusions but that is so T-ara like...

ForgottenSoul likes this.