did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. risingtaeyang

risingtaeyang Super Rookie

Currency:
    Sad, but you're right. YG is probably so incredibly delirious from BP charting because he always chases after whatever other popular groups seem to be achieving that he'll dump lots of cash to get them on shows.

Also, I feel so bad for CL. She's been shoved aside quite literally....it's awful.

2. Fantastic7

Fantastic7 Rookie

Currency:
    I love my bp girls so I mean I cant wait for this hype theyre getting but
    but I found out about bts news often because my friends talked about them constantly so that's how I knew what was going on
    idk it could be that ive been away from kpop but as I came back people are saying bp is big here in the US
    DAMN IVE REALLY BEEN AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION cuz I haven't heard anything

#142 Fantastic7, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  3. Znewie71

Znewie71 Idol

Currency:
    Kpop has had a western following and success with groups and solo artist like wonder girls, snsd, seven rain, boa, big bang, 2ne1, and psy. Those groups unlocked the door for kpop in the US, I think out of all these artist psy hAd the most impact and opened the doors more for kpop artist like bts, and bts success just made the door wider for the next kpop artist, and those kpop artist that follow wether it be black pink or whoever will continue to open that door wider, until hopefully one day we will see kpop finally getting the recognition it deserves.
    So to say that one is riding the success of another can sound a little crude, so maybe its better to just say that they are following in their footsteps.

4. commonusername

commonusername Trainee

Currency:
    cant believe people still think the k in kpop stands for korean. its kim jisoo pop. sorry but she didn't work this hard to give the entire industry a free ride

Hana0127 and catbitmytongue like this.
  5. smity_werben

smity_werben Newbie

Currency:
    I dont think so. If anything, it discounted the effort made by Blackpink. It's an unnecessary link that is just underrating BP's achievement. I think they would have achieved the same achievements whether BTS existed or not.

6. deadleaves

deadleaves Celebrity

Currency:
    The thread tho LoL
    Isnt it obvious
    Upon that more than half of the yt and ig armys are blinks

7. sl784

sl784 Super Rookie

Currency:
    The effort made by blackpink? What effort did blackpink make to get on the charts? The effort was that of the fans. Unnecessary link? I don't think so.

Loyalty likes this.