did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    It was harder to chart before because it was just pure sales.. physicals in general have declined and SPS is a thing now..

2. jasque

jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    BTS is a fad, how can a fad pave the way? :whatr:

PSY thoo :yesr:

Fatosh likes this.
  3. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    And yes, it changed in 2014 because of the overall changes in the industry the chart just adapted to the trend. You need to have people actually streaming, and the number of streams needed to have one unit aren't small especially when charting relies mostly on fandom power. Wouldn't say that it's easier or else every kpop act with a large fandom would chart and stay up there.

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  4. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    True you need to have a decent sized american fanbase which clearly BTS do and i think BP get i just know that if BP get any success you army's will claim its down to BTS.

5. mparserz

mparserz Idol

Currency:
    Psy made it easier for everybody.

pwswan and Juliabuhuhu like this.
  6. Castor

Castor Public Figure

Currency:
    it's obvious

Olivia_Winata and DangerousLo like this.
  7. Juliabuhuhu

Juliabuhuhu Celebrity

Currency:
    No they didn't...like 2ne1 strong image and their disband did. Let's be serious...I like blackpink but...without teddy and yg I don't know if they were going to be that popular. And since international fans like the girl groups with the girl crush concept, after 2ne1 they were expecting yg debuting a similar group..and they kinda did. Of course the girls beauty and mostly Lisa made them popular in the west. But if they weren't from yg I doubt they would have stand out that much. Oh and with BTS paving the way for every group now it's so false...the only group bts will pave the way for it's the next Big hit group. I don't really belive in this things...and people started getting into bp from the begining when bts wasn't that big in america. So no..blackpink popularity ia due to their company and their concept.

8. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    Tbh I don't care about BP charting success or achievements none of my beeswax I don't put my money on them, I just enjoy looking up data and charts overall. So that situation is actually funny and interesting to look at. Both sides have their fair shares of crackheads. The obsessive ones will jump on blinks and blinks will jump on armys if they feel like they can. Just look at chart data announcements about BTS they are going at it. Or BP with western stans and armys too.

But I saw a few things today and best believe that If it happens to be true some people are going to jump on others in this kpop world. But again, I'll be enjoying the drama from afar.

Oh and If they do achieve something, western medias will mention BTS over and over again, that's just how it goes. It's predicted because they had an impact and are still going strong. There is no way to separate any group with BTS if they come now and reach some type of fame/success

9. JenJennie7

JenJennie7 Married to @ROCK_YOU_HOES

Currency:
    Blackpink changed it go see the new one;):)

10. CalB90

CalB90 Rookie

Currency:
    Sure, I'm always occupied
    To answer your questions;

1. do u consider black pink successful in the US?

This is way too premature of a question as Black Pink have just started to gain serious recognition in the US with this comeback, with genuine interest amongst various record labels and media. So are they successful? Not right now, like I said, their recognition is just getting started and hopefully YG is smart enough on how he'll manage BP going into the Western market. Could they be successful. Yes! A group like Black Pink can certainly be successful in the West due to their style and appeal.

Right now, I'm just proud and happy that although a lot of Blinks and causal K-pop fans engaged with BP's latest comeback to get the group to chart (naturally), the US record labels and media are immediately wanting deals/partnerships and are talking about them based on the group's charting position and popularity. Of course though and most importantly, they wouldn't bother if they didn't see quality, in which they obviously have and like what they see/hear as it didn't take much for them at all to recognise Black Pink's potential.

2. do u think bp charted on bp (- you mean billboard?) due to us Gp or the fandom pushed it to make Gp aware?

I think Black Pink charted on Billboard due to their large fandom listening to the song, just like what happened with BTS (that's how you get an artist to chart after all). The general public in the US can't help a song and/or album to chart without being aware of it first. Now, just like with BTS, naturally more and more non-fans (GP) will become aware of Black Pink. Same goes for any other artist in such a situation. Personally, I think this is the perfect way to get an artist recognition. Let their music do the talking. After all, if non-fans like what they hear, they will also support the artist's music and maybe even become a fan themselves!

11. jimeous

jimeous Leader

Currency:
    Only an Army can disrespect a Legendary Korean Group by calling them a failure

12. Tenshi.re

Tenshi.re Leader

Currency:
    Not as much as people think it did. I think BP could 100% hold their own even if there was no BTS before them. They share quite a chunk of their fandom with BTS too but just because a lot of ARMYs are Blinks doesn't mean that if they were never an ARMY they wouldn't have ended up being Blinks anyway, I think both groups just attract a similar crowd so it's not like ARMY becoming Blinks gave them a power boost or anything.

#112 Tenshi.re, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
    Juliabuhuhu likes this.
  13. peony21

peony21 Newbie

Currency:
    wrong comment lol

#113 peony21, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  14. spicyaghase

spicyaghase Married to @kyoong

Currency:
    full-time winwin stan
  15. spicyaghase

spicyaghase Married to @kyoong

Currency:
    full-time winwin stan
    ???

16. peony21

peony21 Newbie

Currency:
    Surprisingly blackpink numbers are similar to what 2ne1 used to sell, 2ne1 did 5k and in total 10k and bp 7k and they would probably sell a bit more too i thought they’ll do bigger numbers. Yg acts in general did the best in the kpop scene in the us so bp aren’t different but we do need to credit bts in something. kpop b4 bts was in a steady line but it rose again with their popularity and brought a new audience like what the 2nd gen groups in 2010 or so did. Not only bts obviously but they had the biggest part for now esp in the us, This definitely reflected on others as well yt views and all are insane. But bp would have done well regardless their numbers are what other yg acts do in particularly 2ne1 not much difference between them they would probably sell a bit more too but they’re a yg act they would have done well regardless plus the concept and music are familiar to the us/western fans so there is no surprise with them being the most liked gg in the west.

#116 peony21, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    sl784 likes this.
  17. peony21

peony21 Newbie

Currency:
    by accident lol

18. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    How is it a disrespect when JYP admitted it. Like at one point, if someone failed they failed that's it. They were big in Korea but failed in the West bcs of a company who relied too much on their connections and tried too hard. That's a known fact in this community. That mess lead to their downfall too.

http://officiallykmusic.com/j-y-park-admits-wonder-girls-american-promotion-failure/, just look at the show MBC, human documentary
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2012/09/352_120556.html

JeHanna and DangerousLo like this.
  19. sl784

sl784 Super Rookie

Currency:
    People want to pretend that the popularity of BTS didn't have something to do with other kpop groups progressing into the US but that is BS. Do you really think that when those American music execs saw how numerous, loud and passionate BTS fans were and how profitable they can be that dollar signs didn't appear before their eyes? Do you think that when they saw that BTS (a group singing solely in Korean) reached number 1 that these music execs didn't do their research and reached out to other kpop groups to see if they can profit off them too? Do you really think that these online media houses haven't reached out to other kpop groups just because they see how many clicks BTS brought them and they want more clicks from more kpop fans? BTS and what little strides they made in America made music execs and media houses realize the profitability of Kpop. Which has made it much easier for other kpop groups to get interviews and to get notice from music labels. It also lit a fire under these Kpop companies and that is why they are trying so hard to promote in the US. Do you honestly think it is a coincidence that Blackpink is getting 'love calls' from the US right after BTS started making strides. Please stop with the BS. FACTS ARE FACTS.

20. ILOVECATALLENAAA

ILOVECATALLENAAA Founding member of Chaewon's cult

Currency:
    Chaewon's Disciple