did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    Where is anyone saying this? Nobody said Big Bang did nothing, you're being salty over nothing. They helped introduce fans to Kpop back in the day and Bts are doing it now. Nobody mentioned anything about older groups but you keep bringing them up?

2. Outburstz

Outburstz Rookie

Currency:
    Psy made it easy for everyone

3. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    so according to u BTS didn't use music, gee I wonder what attracted the fans then lol, and BTW wonder girls were considered as a failure tho, and yea psy did it but why haven't any other done it since psy until psy. besides ur comment doesn't answer my question tho..

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  4. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Trainee

Currency:
    Man, the kpop fandom is more toxic than fucking 4chan. At least on 4ch, you can tell that it's mostly just banter and shitposting, but y'all completely serious here. It's baffling.

Olivia_Winata and yoonbread like this.
  5. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    touring in the us doesn't equate charting in western market, and what BTS have achieved no other group has

6. PETTYWOP

PETTYWOP Newbie

Currency:
    [flash=]

[/flash]

7. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    There is one thing I find weird here. BB helped themselves, BB reputation is BB reputation not kpop. When they go on tour they go on tour for themselves, they aren't promoting kpop overall. From a western standpoint, I'm not for that paving the way argument since doesn't mean anything unless the act promoted others groups and attached them to his name to give them some kind of exposure in a new market.

It's a business, an industry. BB/YG and BTS/BH aren't moving to promote the industry, they couldn't care less. GD being able to tour in Europe doesn't mean every kpop act can too or will be allowed to rent these type of venues. BTS being able to even step a foot in O2 arena doesn't mean that it's an open door for kpop. Europeans aren't opening large venues to kpop acts it's super risky and they couldn't care less unless the demand is real. The demand is here for a group not for a genre. If they looked solely at their past experiences with kpop acts, you wouldn't have a whole BTS in Accor Hotel Arena in Paris 2 nights in a row.

8. katahtattat

Currency:
    your response is irrelevant to what i said.

9. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    I have two question for you,
    do u consider black pink successful in the US?
    do u think bp charted on bp due to us Gp or the fandom pushed it to make Gp aware?

Olivia_Winata and DangerousLo like this.
  10. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Army's/BTS have not innovated anything or am i missing it? They have a hard core fanbase i dont really class that as innovation. How is BP and YG using it?

There is demand in Vietnam,Thailand,Philippines,JP,China for them, how is he even media playing though he simply said he got offer's from America companies and that's Media play looool.

11. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Uhm people did chart before BTS and its easier to chart now due to streaming exploding and downloads dropping..

12. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    So how did BTS do anything different they are not promoting KPOP they are promoting them self's even army's insult KPOP and call us Kpoppies lmfao.

You basically just backed up what i was saying though.. BTS paved the way for them self's not others.

13. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    again that didn't answer my question and to answer urs I listen to BTS music, and I admire their work and musicality, I also listen to alot of group as long as u come out with good music, I don't wanna belong in any fandom cos people tend to label u a fake fan when u don't like a song from the group or agree with them.
    so back to the op, what's ur opinion?

Olivia_Winata and DangerousLo like this.
  14. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    I always maintained that narrative anyway. Just for the groups coming in, they are following BTS trail. YG making BP coming back just after the end of BTS promotion is jumping on the trendy train.

Paving the way and creating a wave people are jumping on isn't the same thing. Didn't see BTS promote any act, not their job nor promote kpop as a whole, not their job either. BTS is promoting BTS, it's not a win for kpop never was, never will. BoA paved the way in Japan, BTS didn't. They did their own thing and the consequences are here, people can choose to use the aftermath to their advantage or stay put to avoid losing a lot.

However saying they didn't do anything different from other acts is a reach. From that corporation like fandom to the way their company "promoted" them. Bcs tbh BH isn't really promoting in the west, was different, BH is one lazy company when it comes to promotion overall

15. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    just like ur original comment

16. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    why do y'all waste time with wotad tho? lol. even if u ask the user if black pink is more successful than BTS, nigga gonna answer bp that's how deluded the user is.

anyways I am glad we can all agree on one thing apart from the delulu yg stanz

Olivia_Winata and Lubby00 like this.
  17. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Uhm no its obvious BTS is bigger then BP and i hope you are black to be using the N word. How am i deluded for not thinking BTS paved the way.. they paved the way for them self's.

18. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    agree to disagree with most of this i dont think BP coming back after BTS is at all relevant to anything.

19. BridgesIBurned

Currency:
    law, but not really
    BTS helped out with Blackpink's popularity due to stylistic similarities between the two groups (don't come at me, YG agrees lol). Their target audience is pretty much the same.

And to me, I found Kpop through Big Bang, SNSD and Psy on different occasions, but their style/music/intencity was waaaay too much to digest. Therefore, I did not get into Kpop until I saw youtubers react to BTS - Dope (and later read RM's lyrics and meaning behind it). That was also the only time I wanted to see similar stuff and decided to give other groups a chance.

I mean, the first time I saw Fantastic Baby, Gangnam Style, Gee Gee I did not take kpop seriously. That's the difference between BTS and other groups to me. There might be a portion of people who agrees with me. So, that's that.

20. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    Wait. Was never easy to chart. Overall in the entire industry you have 12 acts that charted on BB 200 for example. I could reduce it since at least 3 are coming from one group that charted.

Give me your opinion on this and tell me that it wasn't a smart move when BTS promotion ended, was the perfect time to launch another group with the success this comeback had.

IMG_6348.JPG