did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't think you got the memo here

2. the_suddenlykfan

the_suddenlykfan Trendsetter

Currency:
    Jesus, here we go again...
    :annoyedr:

jasque likes this.
  3. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    its more popular due to youtube blowing up view wise.. i dont think that has to do with BTS.

4. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    lol, even tho I see yg's " love call" as media play, I really do think blackpink is gonna make it in the us, they have the apeal

5. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Even if PSY did pave the way you can't really compare the dude to anything. He is an anomaly that no one will probably reach.

Olivia_Winata, DangerousLo and jasque like this.
  6. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    Psy placed himself on the map once again (one hit wonder) and actually tarnished the already poor image kpop had. Their growth was organic. And every western and asian music/market analyst says it. Every other group that tried before (not going to mention them) failed poorly. the industry reacted by staying in Asia and giving close to 0 attention to the west. Ask people about kpop and you'll either hear BTS or Psy (one of the biggest meme of this century).

There is a difference between trying and succeeding. No one cares who tried if they stay irrelevant. Even the CEOs of these groups admitted the failure it was.

There is no BTS wave don't worry. People trying to crossover lately is a weird coincidence, companies having entire task forces dedicated to the BTS phenomenon. Kpop fans forgetting the "western validation" argument is also a coincidence. Using the same pattern armys used with their fanbases is also weird. Fans trying to get their faves invited on TV shows and trying to push them in the west after BTS was. Coincidence ?

They started something and proved to companies that it's possible to have some kind of success in the west. Where they are wrong is trying to recreate it using company power.

#66 Zehila, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  7. Fatosh

Fatosh Super Rookie

Currency:
    Alright we get it. Everyone including wotad's grandmother paved the way for kpop in America except for BTS.

We get it.

8. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    your logic sucks...many reasons for them not to be recognized, i dont even want to start…
    they paved the way, because they started to break prejudices against asians, so directly or indirectly, that benefits the rest of kpop groups, and the obvious reason: they are presented as a kpop group most of the time, so people knowing about them, benefits other kpop groups aswell because there will be people interested and they Will search for more content….

Olivia_Winata and DangerousLo like this.
  9. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    u are smart

10. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    :teeheek: Wotad's grandmother did one hell of a job

RVqueen, yoonbread, jasque and 2 others like this.
  11. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    b-but u literally said they did nothing...

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  12. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    The only difference between those groups and BTS is BTS have a bigger fanbase due to streaming era arriving just when they did , i personally dont think BP should even bother in America can make more money in Japan.

13. chickseli

chickseli Rookie

Currency:
    I get why people would think that. But there are a few factors working against them.

1. GGs don't do too well in US anymore. 5H were awesome singers and okay dancers.
    2. KPop GGs have very weak dancing compared to BGs.
    3. KPop GGs have very weak vocals

5H were awesome singers and okay dancers. BTS has a weak vocal line but can get away with it with their dancing. Most GGs can't do that.

14. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    Did BTS pave the way in Japan as well or should we ignore the people before them~?

kwonjiyong92 likes this.
  15. lookliz

lookliz Rookie

Currency:
    Its funny you fans are discussing even about this
    Spotify description and take this really serious But never want to face the truth
    Blackpink was already famous before that description was written(i believed its written after this CB bc it wasnt related to bts before)
    But BP already had huge numbers of Instagram followers and Subscribers on youtube
    I remember when BTS started to break into the US market BP debuted at that time and became famous right away
    Remember this famous mash up that got 26millions views They already got this numbers before BTS's DNA
    And AIIYL got 13 millions views on its first day which broke the kpop views record at that time
    They both were meant to be

JenJennie7 likes this.
  16. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    which i shouldnt have said they did something just didnt pave the way.

17. KpoppinAllDay

KpoppinAllDay Super Rookie

Currency:
    I heard Mic Drop today at my local Wal-mart. I was incredibly shocked but happy.

18. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Rookie

Currency:
    No, other groups before helped spread the kpop wave in Japan, in the same way BTS are contributing in the US.

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  19. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    KK Big Bang touring to 100k in America meant nothing , BB tour being highly rated by critics etc.. Did nothing to help anything.

20. Zehila

Zehila Leader

Currency:
    BTS success related to the kpop industry overall is just following a basic economic pattern : The diffusion of innovation with BTSxArmys being innovators. BP/YG in this case early adopters aka using (and it's normal) the effect of the innovators to enter a new market, followed by the early majority aka the potential groups/companies who are still afraid and need another case of "success" to believe in a potential rentability. then late majority and laggards.

I think YG is using the recent events to propel them in Asia, there is close to no data showing any kind of real demand for them. Going in the US now would be suicidal. He is media playing a lot to give them some type of recognition from k-GP. Heard 2/3 reports about their charting but nothing special from big news outlet.