did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Rookie

Currency:
    Yea I agree that PSY had a huge impact. But again, that was 6 years ago. Currently its BTS´ success in the US that got a lot of people interested in kpop.

2. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    help sure.. paving the way no.

learn to read i was talking about fan strats etc..

3. Loyalty

Loyalty Newbie

Currency:
    K-pop stans are so salty that they can't admit general public and media in US only know BTS and Psy.
    Billboard social chart before BTS: no k-pop groups there. After BTS: the whole row.
    Billboard Hot 100 is the same story, no one cared before BTS got there. No one barely got there.

4. CalB90

CalB90 Rookie

Currency:
    Sure, I'm always occupied
    And this is coming from a fandom that refused to believe and argued with people that said BTS should be thankful to groups before them for "paving the path"... Which is true. Now you are claiming BP owe BTS for their success? Lol.

BTS have bought more interest and recognition to K-pop from the Western market due to their US activities, sure, this is indisputable.

But Black Pink's success in the US/Western market (and the success of other groups) can only happen due people actually liking Black Pink based on their quality. In reality, it's the music that will make or break all the groups in terms of trying to find success in the Western market. Black Pink certainly have the quality and communication skills to appeal to the US/Western market, no doubt. Black Pink themselves (and their fans, perhaps even casual K-pop fans etc) will carry BP to success.

Same with BTS, their fandom can still carry them in the US/Western market right now, but it's the public recognition and acceptance that all K-pop groups need to really "make" it in the US/West. I'm still waiting for that day, wherever/whoever it comes from, and yes, it would bring more interest/recognition to other K-pop artists. However, again, QUALITY music and ACCEPTANCE from the West is what will make the artist/s successful.

Therefore, at the end of the day, It won't be BTS's venture into the West (if they actually become truly successful or not) that would decide if other artists/groups can/cannot be successful. Each K-pop artist must appeal to their own target audience to find their success in the West, with the help of their respected fans of course. And that will be a solo/individual venture per K-pop artist based on overall quality and general appeal, like it is for ALL music artists.

#44 CalB90, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    You think BTS placed KPOP on the map over PSY who had billions of views? that really shows your mindset.

PSY went viral , BTS have a fanbase . There is no BTS wave groups were always trying to get in the market before fucking BTS they did not start something.

6. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't know maybe they are? It hasn't been a week since they placed on BB. We'll see if it sticks or not. They just came back so to say they are leading is a bit of a stretch but let's wait and see. I personally do like BP and wish them the best.

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  7. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    Social chart is literally just fans and was not really a big thing until last few years and people did care for billboard before BTS was around.

Im talking overall in KPOP not just America.

8. choi_yuna_bias

choi_yuna_bias I am the bone of my sword

Currency:
    Archer's Master
    "Not in any fandom. Just here for the music. Dont care about who sang it as long as its good music"

When will you come out as an Army though? :p

9. lookliz

lookliz Rookie

Currency:
    I dont think so If so every kpop would be popular after releasing songs after BTS

10. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    yeah if BP do well its down to BTS but lets ignore all the others who will do nothing in America ;p

11. drakan

drakan Trendsetter

Currency:
    exactly, if BTS paved the way, then Twice, Gfriend, iKon, Winner, Red Velvet...they are should have blown up in America.

12. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    Again it's been just a few days. To say they are leading worldwide is a serious stretch. If the momentum keeps up then sure why not.

13. lookliz

lookliz Rookie

Currency:
    with no disrespect BTS started to break into the the US market when BP just debuted and they were already recognized by the US fans from start I think it has to do with the group

Hana0127 likes this.
  14. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Rookie

Currency:
    I feel like kpop in general is more popular now? But blackpink have more of a appeal to the US market.

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  15. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    yes!

16. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    i read better than you, thanks for your concern

"BTS did not do something revolutionary"

i answered you the revolutionary thing that they did, 1D is western, bts is Asian, whether if it is fan strats or not, you cant compare them, because they had not the same trials. do you get it? maybe should i explain better?

Olivia_Winata and DangerousLo like this.
  17. lookliz

lookliz Rookie

Currency:
    plus BTS and BP are completely different

18. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    u will be surprised, I have literally seen a blink say the sentence I quoted in the last paragraph

DangerousLo likes this.
  19. Loyalty

Loyalty Newbie

Currency:
    Yet their Spotify description doesn't think so.

20. trashy26

trashy26 Super Rookie

Currency:
    seeing army using the term "paving the way" , the term they hate so much is hillarious
    [​IMG]