did BTS Us success make it easier for black pink?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by JeHanna, Jun 27, 2018.

1. JeHanna

JeHanna Public Figure

Currency:
    I am gonna have to say yes it did, without BTS breaking into the US market( although they ain't fully there yet) companies couldn't have thought there was a chance again after wondering girls fail. its more of army's work tho, i mean they were laughed at when people saw them requesting for airplays, billboard related Streams and what not, even stans called them delusional but they keept pushing until this point , so I applaud them cos tbh I thought they were wasting their time.
    I think YG used bighit's strategy tbh with everything that has been going on its pretty obvious, and blinks too are using army's strategy, its more easier for them cause they have alot of armys in the fandom that knows how billboard works already
    all this isn't bad at all, its business and BTS isn't going to be the only group that will make it in the US although blinks should tone it down with the "it took BTS 5years, while it took bp only 2yrs without promotion" like literally people are warming up to kpop now and bp is having it easier cos of BTS whether blinks wanna admit it or not, it easier now cos more people are aware of kpop through the bbmas, AMAs, there series of interviews etc, and I think more new gen groups are going to advance more.
    this leads me to a second question; why are armys mad at blinks or seem as tho they ain't happy?
    will make a thread on that deal quick, lemme do my snooping, in the mean time what is ur opinion in reference to the title(pls pls for once let's have a levelheaded, civil convo, if u disagree with me just point it maturely)

2. Vikki

Vikki Married to @Girl_Crush

Currency:
    Time waster
    Yeah its pretty obvious, just like older roups made it easier for groups to succeed in Korea/Japan/Thailand/ect.
    And Armys arent happy because some think that Blackpink is riding on BTS' sucess and getting a free ride, they think that any time a group gets any sort of promotion in the US, there was an image Armys spread about a radio station, I'm going ot try to find it.
    Edit:Here it is

3. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Rookie

Currency:
    Yes I agree. BTS popularity definitely paved the way kpop in the US. There’s nothing wrong with bp debuting in the US, they would be stupid to not profit from the hype. And theres room from more than one group.

4. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    No it didnt , KPOP was already decently popular before BTS was even in the picture.

2NE1 sold like 5k to 6k and BP has a bigger american fanbase.. i dont see how BTS is the reason lmfao.

How are blinks or YG using BTS/Bighit strategy?

BTS have paved the way for nothing, YG could have done American stuff ages ago but focused on Japan instead. Big Bang could have done way better in America then they have. If YG cared or tried about that market .

Gen 2 Idol's paved the way.

ali890, smity_werben, ferafae and 6 others like this.
  5. chickseli

chickseli Rookie

Currency:
    Ima be honest with ya'll. KPop groups and idols have been supposedly "receiving Love Calls" from the US for years. And I've seen very few come to fruition. So to me, that statement doesn't mean jackshit until I see something happening with my own eyes. GGs will not do well with the GP.

6. KirbyX

KirbyX Leader

Currency:
    CL paved the way remember :D

7. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    you are blind, or you like to lick YG ass

8. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    Would you like some fries with that salt? Saying Bts has paved the way for nothing is a bold faced lie, the same as if someone was to say previous generations didn't have any influence. If Bts didn't pave the way for anything why is there success being likened to them and not other groups?

Olivia_Winata, DangerousLo and jasque like this.
  9. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    People were touring before BTS
    People were on talk shows before BTS
    People released English songs in America before BTS
    SNSD and WG attempted America before BTS
    PSY happened before BTS..

Streaming is the reason more Gen 3 groups will get attention in America it really has nothing to do with BTS.

10. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    he is insulting Jimin with his picture on his banner

11. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    If the Public cared for BTS i could say they paved the way but apart from a small portion no-one cares for them, girls wanted a group after one direction and found BTS .

Shows are just leeching off BTS due to insane fanbase.

Tell me how BTS is the reason BP will do stuff in America when 2NE1 worked with producers and planned to debut in America years before had a English album etc..

pokemon_master likes this.
  12. mpfc

mpfc Idol

Currency:
    and no one achieved what bts is achieving, do you think that americans know/like bts because of those artist..?

13. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't disagree with the overall post because lets face it... BP were lucky.
    That being said, does anyone actually brag about this? It seems like most blinks took on board the fact that BTS did it before, they paved the way and BP are lucky to be on the same/similar path right now. No one really tries to argue that either is better.

14. AYUMOMAN

AYUMOMAN Rookie

Currency:
    Are you really saying that BTS sucess & popularity had no impact in making kpop more "trendy" in the US? Theyre literally all over social media, performed at both the AMAS and BBMAS, and been on popular american talk shows. Alot of people got interested in kpop after BTS came along, including me. No one is trying to discredit blackpink, they´re talented, but you cant deny that BTS sucess did make it easier.

15. gachigasm

gachigasm Rookie

Currency:
    [​IMG]

#15 gachigasm, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  16. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    No they got interested in BTS not KPOP, i just dont think BTS paved the way for BP to do stuff in America it's deluded to think that when groups did it before?

BP were lucky? so were BTS lmfao. How did BTS pave the way?

If anyone paved the fucking way its PSY.

17. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    PSY.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that it was PSY who placed kpop on the map more than BTS did.

18. Young_Seoulhyun

Currency:
    ARMY
    It probably did help

Olivia_Winata likes this.
  19. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    Ill agree and say it helped but how much? i think PSY had a bigger impact.

ferafae likes this.
  20. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    No body is talking about fan girls and the public, nobody is saying they are a popular American group. This is if Bts made it easier for more groups to cross over and yes they did. Companies are giving the US market a shot again, we've got BP shining and charting, NCT doing some interviews and even Monsta X having a US promoter, they're going for it.The surge of popularity of Bts did help make this popular, so saying they did absolutely nothing is a lie. This has and was never about the GP so I don't know what you are on about.