Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Dating is taboo in kpop because of fans or Company ?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SHKPOPFAN, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Is it ?

1. Fans

2. Company

3. Media

4. All

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

Vote !! Coz i feel if fans are sensible dating news wouldnt have such a grave effect that company would take a decision to kick the girl that made them relevant in kpop.

Ohh i forgot even media terms any dating as dating scandal !! Is media too responsible ?

2. BritishSone

BritishSone Legend

Seulgi & Taeyeon fanboy
    Because of delusional fans who think that they stand a chance with these idols.

3. Princess

Princess Artist

Do you remember when a Super Junior member essentially got canceled because he got married? Yeah. Fans did that. They threatened SM and stopped supporting them until SM counted him out. Awful fans seriously, just because he got married!

But I think it's a mixture of all three. Korea is a very conservative place, but look at the term Idol. They call these people Idols, not Artists. Therefore, this means they see these people as those who are heald above a higher standard than others. Idols are not seen as normal people. They cannot do everything a normal person can do while in the eyes of the public. When someone becomes an Idol, they choose to become what their fans and company want them to be.

4. autumnleaf_soshi

it's the fans, or more accurately those self proclaimed girlfriend boyfriends that calls themselves 'fan'.

what a joke.

if these fans just calm the fuck down then even if there is articles made about it, nothing much would happen. And in turn the Company wouldn't give a flying fuck about it.

5. _Jarhon

_Jarhon Entertainer

Fans obviously. This genre has nothing to do with music. It's a wet fantasy for delulu girls about a perfect oppa. You break that illusion, company loses money and then over react.

6. Somnia

Somnia Artist

Queens, InSomnia, Buddy
    It all leads down to the fans tbh. Because even if the media would snap a picture of people dating it's the fans that would react to it, which then the company will try and lie about or confirm yet again for the fans.

L_catzzz likes this.
  7. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

Mochi Bot
    Fans. Korean fans are entitled, judgmental and controlling as fuck, and it's affecting the media and companies (they want them clicks/views/money/support from fans after all). It's also affecting some i-fans, who end up developing the same attitude, because they see it's the norm for fans to have that much say and power over their idol's lives in Korea.

8. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

You are talking about sungmin marriage !! Yup i remember !! Even their fansites went against him and canceled him !! Disgrace !!

L_catzzz and Princess like this.
  9. dooh

dooh Artist

imho, all of them play a big part

10. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Entertainer

person with excellent taste
    Dating is a taboo for fans because for so long companies let young fans believe that they would one be able to date them in real life. Many fans are serious when it come to boycotting and a few people can convince hundreds of people to stop supporting them.. However people need stop think that revealing all the kpop relationships will help fans except dating cause it won't.

Golden_Wishes likes this.
  11. PringleGoddess

PringleGoddess Super Rookie

It's the companies and the fandom culture they create. The company portrays the idols as something they're not. They portray them as pure and innocent. That they don't date and live only for the fans. Most k-pop fans are too young, naive, and stupid to see through the manufactured image. Notice how western pop fans don't act the same way when a famous western pop star is dating. If companies put their foot down and told fans to get over it whenever an idol is caught dating then this sort of thing would eventually die out. The company has to make it clear that fans don't own the idol instead of reinforcing the idea.

#11 PringleGoddess, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. Princess

Princess Artist

But VIPs are so chill. I don't remember anything bad about Young Bae getting married at all haha. Then again, I'm not a member of any VIP fansites or groups. Seemed pretty calm from the service though and from what I saw all VIPs were happy for him. Some fans are just crazy and their companies know it so they try to keep it under wraps. Also, the media can be pretty evil and demeaning at times--anything to make that coin.

L_catzzz likes this.
  13. freysan

freysan Artist

it's not just the fans.. companies themselves feed into the delusion that these idols are available and only dedicated to their fans.. it's basically part of their marketing.. and media doesn't help by always making an unnecessary huge deal out of it.. they are basically glorified stalkers..

L_catzzz, xoxoshawol, dooh and 2 others like this.
  14. Vikizu

Vikizu Entertainer

It‘s also a question of how you do it. Taeyang had been daring for years before announcing his marriage so this didn‘t come as a surprise to anybody. Sungmin gave no indication of wanting to get married or that he was dating and didn‘t even tell his members if I remember correctly. Not the best way to go considering how sensitive idols fans are about this.

Princess and SHKPOPFAN like this.
  15. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

yup we were happy :D wish all fans can be like us and that would make kpop a nice place where Idols would not hesitate to date or marry !!! now after this , all the idols in kpop already would have panic attack of what happens when you date !! they cant even fucking date coz some of their fangirls fantasize marrying them .
    here is simple example of those type of creepy fangirls [ mostly korean ]

L_catzzz and Princess like this.
  16. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

yup we do know it way before !!! but i don't understand the surprise part ? now an idol will take his personal decision based on his fans ?

chickseli likes this.
  17. Vikizu

Vikizu Entertainer

No but there are better ways to got about this than he did. Especially as an idol. He knows how to minimizes heat for potential dating, he has been in the industry for years. But he chose not to which was not only a proper mess for his members but als ruined his career. It gave the fans a feeling of betrayal that never occured with Taeyang because he was honest from the beginning.

dooh and SHKPOPFAN like this.
  18. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

Very fair point !!!

19. much_trash

much_trash Artist

crying
    fandom culture has gotten really intense
    but most international fans i've seen are fine with idols dating
    there a few who arent, but a lot of us are completely fine

L_catzzz and dooh like this.
  20. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Artist

I understand what you are trying to say , his career was ruined but technically speaking it was his fans that made the mess [ yes i know he announced his marriage all of a sudden but i feel fans should have accepted his decision ] .

L_catzzz likes this.