Dance Analysis Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by aquamaraqua, Mar 5, 2016.

1. nownoon

nownoon Newbie

Currency:
    I see now. The style you're into is more of a slower type, i like the faster dance battle type stuff like D-Unit. Wonder Girls, Sistar, SNSD all have a basic and mostly upper body type of dance moves. Im into Hyoyeon if you get where im coming from. Bang wasnt too "dancy" either, it mostly showcased their drumming and runway skills but still an awesome MV!

2. silveroaksm

silveroaksm Super Rookie

Currency:
    how is JYJ on the same level as 2PM and Topp Dogg?? That's like an insult to the other two groups. Seriously, out of the three only Junsu is a good dancer. JaeJoong and Yoochun...move their bodies. They don't dance.

3. aquamaraqua

aquamaraqua Public Figure

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    Nah, After School have fast paced stuff. Here's a cover of Bang! btw (showcases the choreo):

AS also have tap dancing under their belt, which adds to the versatility department alongside the pole dancing itself.

It's not what I'm into, it's all based on skill and cohesion, like I mentioned earlier in the thread. D-Unit while having some nice choreography, it isn't particularly too difficult and they also lack in the cohesion department.

SNSD showed some great skills with Catch Me If You Can (a fast paced dance) and they along with SISTAR and Wonder Girls have a lot of cohesion. This was done with another dancer, so I'll have a look through the entire thing again and let you know of any changes in placement if you like.

As you wrote this I was re-evaluating some of the dances myself. This previous ranking was done with a friend.

4. silveroaksm

silveroaksm Super Rookie

Currency:
    I gracefully will accept bottom ranks for JYJ. Though I am sad for Junsu because he is a good dancer but JaeChun are hopeless and hence, the group choreographies overall aren't impressive. The best choreo I have seen come out of JYJ is Wake Me Tonight.

Junsu, alone though, is a completely different story. He is a damn good dancer.

#24 silveroaksm, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    aquamaraqua likes this.
  5. shuka

shuka Celebrity

Currency:
    *CRIES*
    ZE:A IS SO LOW
    I WEEPU

6. aquamaraqua

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    No worries, it's nothing final. xD JYJ is below them...

Agreed.

silveroaksm likes this.
  7. nownoon

nownoon Newbie

Currency:
    The Tap, Pole, and drumming may add to a list of styles but its not too impressive considering they use it as a one off for a single concept and move on. Catch Me If You Can was great, loved it from start to finish but it was really SNSD's first time going that hard since they started in 07. D-Unit was more of a technical type of group that consistently put out technical dances, similar to how Got7 or EXO consistantly stays impressive.

Im a fan of most of the groups you listed just when it comes to D-Unit and dancing it would be nice to see them a little higher but the fact that someone else out there even remembers them is still great. :)

8. overly_fangurrl

overly_fangurrl Public Figure

Currency:
    Carrat Converter
    I thought Tasty disbanded? I must have read my news wrong OTL
    I'll have to look into high4 and bigstar.. Haven't seen much of their choreography

Came to check out Teen Top and 100% ranking OTL Kinda low but I'll check out the top ranks
    Also surprised WINNER is high compared to their choreo in their releases(as WINNER) unless pre-debut stuff is included which I would say IKON was better
    Agree with Girl Groups, hope APink steps up the dances so they get ranked lol

9. aquamaraqua

Currency:
    Full Time CandY
    Yes pre-debut stuff does count. If they don't really do anything that lives up to their predebut era soon though they'll probably drop in ranking.

I'd probably rank D-Unit higher than SISTAR (probably even WG) tbh... I'll have to go through this all again when I have more time. Sometimes in joint efforts things are overlooked.

I hope D-Unit come back soon... duo and all. xd

Draft saved Draft deleted