CROSS GENE JUST DROPPED THE BEST TRACK A KPOP GROUP EVER RELEASED

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by JiRaim, May 24, 2016.

1. emmy_loe

emmy_loe Idol

Tbh I can never hate on the big 3 groups because they're the reason or the thing that first caught my attention and if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't be able to discover so much more

So basically Big3 are like the man that offers u candy in his white van while the other groups are the candy

So basically basically we're all trapped in a white van with too much sweet and a crazy pedophile

Life lessons don't listen to Kpop

2. aquamaraqua

aquamaraqua Public Figure

Full Time CandY
    OMG Emmy stahp...

Trufax though I thought U-KISS were mega popular when I joined K-POP LOL

emmy_loe likes this.
  3. 4everLazy

4everLazy Newbie

never listened to them before but this is great!

aquamaraqua likes this.
  4. aquamaraqua

Full Time CandY
    Glad you liked it. If you like that song you also might like:

5. 4everLazy

4everLazy Newbie

how do Japanese promotions go?

6. aquamaraqua

Full Time CandY
    MVs usually are released before the actual album is released. Music shows also don't have winners, they're just for the music.

Branding is also not that heavy in Japan as it is in Korea.

And there's less sajaegi that goes with the digital sales

7. JiRaim

JiRaim Rookie

Most promotions you won't see outside of Japan. You will know they happen and they will post a couple of pics and maybe some video on twitter but there won't be pics and fancams left and right. For the most part, cameras aren't permitted.. I'll see what we can and can't do for each event when I get there.

For music shows, they can usually get onto SG8 so they should perform there. They also were on Music Japan and Sound Buzz last year for sHi-tai! so I hope Amuse pulls its weight and gets them on a couple of music shows again. They've clearly sunk a lot into this song so I suspect they're not done yet.

Most of it is public lives though. Mini lives at Tower Records around Tokyo and some appearances at shopping centres. Japan is stays in the beautiful simpler days where promotions are far more personal on a consistent basis. There will be a lot of radio appearances, there is always a lot of them. Also some TV appearances since again Amuse should pull its weight there. And then there is the month long stream of speed date fan meets they will do all day every weekend.

Digital sales in Japan are still the lesser of the music consumption over there too. There is also geoblocking everywhere to prevent external interference with their music chart... not that I have ever met a means of geoblocking that has stopped me from before, lol. Only thing that slowed me down was dhits and that was being unable to get the apk to sideload it before Shin played the songs on EK Radio. If he hadn't done that, I'd have the app by now.

Physicals still make up 75% of the turnover for the Japanese industry tho. And they have soundscan to take the guess work out of number inflation through multiple covers.

aquamaraqua likes this.
  8. katahtattat

i link most music show episodes in my thread dedicated to them, so i will share the applicable ones here too.

JiRaim and aquamaraqua like this.
  9. JiRaim

JiRaim Rookie

Thank you. Appreciated!