[CRAZY THEORY THREAD YO] Cube 'punishing' E'dawn and Hyuna for admitting they're dating

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Merpedy, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Obviously when the rumours started, they denied the claims and that was soon followed by Hyuna and E'dawn admitting that they're in fact dating. In theory, it would have been easier for Cube to announce the couple themselves or at least 'organise' the announcement so it doesn't fuck up any of Pentagon's schedules, but the couple obviously decided to just come out with it hence why... well, it seems like a bit of a mess when the 'official' announcement was made that they weren't dating.

So anyway, by now you have two other dating rumours flying around. The rational thing would be to deny them (the pictures weren't that strong of proof anyway, and lets face it - why would you confirm at least one of them when you're already dealing with fall-out?). Anyway, what do you do to idols that undermine you and release important news themselves? I mean, you could throw them in the dungeon and pull the YG card but at the same time you could go the more direct route and punish the main group (since Hyuna is a solo and a group is more likely to have future dating rumours anyway) for:
    A) admitting you're dating without company imput
    B) going out in public with a girl - k'netz don't like that shit fam (you're creating a mess)
    C) its a good 'lesson' if the group is to gain popularity and maintain the virtual boyfriend image

SO BASICALLY CUBE DECIDED TO FUCK UP EVERYONE (or at least two of the couples involved) INVOLVED BECAUSE THEY ARE ANGRY OKAY, THANK YOU.

Disclaimer: this isn't all serious or whatever, please don't over react

2. kyoong

kyoong Married to @spicyaghase

Currency:
    TVXQ’s manager
    this is such fanfic material I love it

jasque, 으컁컁준수 and Merpedy like this.
  3. arinsen

arinsen Super Rookie

Currency:
    Yeah, I think there's definitely an evil mastermind working in CUBE rn, most likely an ex-4Minute girl or a Highlight member undercover, who wants the company to go bankrupt so they're like 'Aye let's fuck this up!' (/s)

jasque, Merpedy and Infire707 like this.
  4. JunsuK

JunsuK Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wizard
    I think CUBE may have been backed into a corner and felt the only way to fix the situation was to take control of the narrative. If anything admitting both of the scandals is a desperate and risky gamble they felt compelled to take because they had no other choice. Honestly, I would be shook if the idols were actually trying to manipulate their company like that xD cause thats so risky.

5. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    I do actually think they didn't confirm/inform Cube that they were going to reveal them dating tbh, otherwise we may not have had the whole 'they're not' thing since that's a bit messy

JunsuK likes this.
  6. idkijustlikekpop

Currency:
    confused girl group stan with a male bias group
    You mean by outing Hui and Soojin? I think they would definitely not do that to their somewhat successful rising star rookie group G-Idle. It's not like Pentagon or CLC are really doing much for Cube, but with G-Idle they at least have a chance to become breadwinners. (And I say this loving all three groups)

Merpedy likes this.
  7. JunsuK

JunsuK Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wizard
    I don't have a solid opinion about what happened and mutiny seems really likely because this is a super messy situation. Its hard to tell how exactly it all unfolded or at least thats what I've observed as I learned more about the situation. What kind of punishments do you think CUBE would enact on them if it was mutiny?

8. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't think it would be as strict as my crazy theory but it's probably against their contract to not follow the company guidelines... so eh... not too sure really, I doubt firing is an option so maybe a fine of some sort? Could just be a strict telling off too.
    Generally hard to say since obviously it's not an every day job and is generally very public.

JunsuK likes this.
  9. JunsuK

JunsuK Super Rookie

Currency:
    Wizard
    Terminating them would not be in CUBE's interests at all at this point, I agree with you there. It is clearly against their contract especially Hui, E'Dawn's, and Soojin who probably have section explicitly and clearly subjecting them to a dating ban. I think if anything CUBE may just let the general punishment enact most of the punishment because I doubt people will be happy with them and it just reflects poorly on them to k-fan's. Even people uninvested in their groups will have some sort of opinion on them that will most likely be negative because its incredibly unprofessional and messy.

Merpedy likes this.
  10. jasque

jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    I see it somewhat like that too.

They wanted to clean hyuna, but they didn't expect Yeeun was a banger too.

Miyeon tho, we'll need to wait if they discover her or not xD

She's probably deleting the evidences now, as she know how angry cube is already.

11. jasque

jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    I always think that you know?

Idols have friends that are not idols too.

And from what I see those that have nothing to loose say, like Chahee or that guy that is dj on Afreeca tv, it's not like idols will hide everything they do.

They'll go like "Look, I dated this guy, but don't tell everybody!"

They try sometimes to hide it, like saying a whatever person is their idol type.

But, sometimes it's not easy to hide you're in love -_-