Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Confused about gfriend...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SinBuddy116, Aug 12, 2017.

1. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Super Rookie

They got 15 trophies for rough and I think 14 for navillera...now they're losing shows largely because of live voting...where did all of those fans go that won those trophies? Did they leave or did the system change?

2. Crazy_Dog

Crazy_Dog Legend

me think system chanfe

B2st_261707, Person24 and kddicted like this.
  3. evilhomer4

evilhomer4 Rookie

They didn't run into big groups(like Exo) for those comebacks + Rough and Navillera were really popular.

centen, lolkyeopta and Cutecocoa21 like this.
  4. Nicklaus

Nicklaus EXO Trash + XiuChen Shipper + Moderator
    Staff Member

They're not losing because of live voting. EXO has higher digital scores than them (in their 4th week) like on mucore yesterday exo got perfect digital + album points.

The only thing that won it for them at mubank was the difference in broadcast scores because exo hasn't been on TV at all

daynight_6, Daliaah, Ineul_Ze and 9 others like this.
  5. Glensather

Glensather Artist

Unless your group name is Sonyeo Shidae or Twice, you're gonna have a rough time (hue) going up against a boy group as strong as EXO.

It's been like that for a long time. You didn't win against TVXQ, you didn't win against SuJu, you didn't win against Big Bang, now you don't win against EXO. MuBank was kind of a fluke, honestly.

If you're into music shows, be glad they won at all. Next week is gonna be even worse because 1. Red Velvet is still charting well and will probably be #3 in a lot of shows and 2. Wanna One will be eligible for music show wins (although idk where all they're promoting at), so it'll probably be EXO vs. Wanna One.

SouMu decided to go for Lunatic Difficulty and drop a GFriend comeback in the middle of an extremely competitive summer. If they had waited a month the competition would be a lot less steep (probably, idk who all is coming back in September). My wallet would not be complaining as much anyway (I've bought Purple, Red Summer, Holiday Night, both versions of Love Whisper, and like 5 copies of The War trying to get Chanyeol and DO for my wife lmfao).

Envyy, Soohyeyoo, Daliaah and 3 others like this.
  6. Park_Oppa

Park_Oppa Artist

They won on The Show, Show Champion and just now for Inkigayo. It was rigged.

but they ain't no twice so next week and all this month they won't be winning. Wanna one will be sweeping all music show wins. And at least they won 3 awards compared to fingertip era which was none. They are improving.

7. vizza

vizza Super Rookie

Buddies are working hard to live voting but you know our fandom are so small compare exo's thats why we lost on mcountdown. Yeah although the different just +-500.. hmm it's a little bit sad but thats the reality of small fandom.

Anywhy I'm glad and happy that Gfriend win on Music Bank and Inkigayo which is without live voting. :yesr:

Rockyyyyy likes this.
  8. Glensather

Glensather Artist

Fingertip won twice, actually.
    So their current record is Rough (15), Navillera (14), Fingertip (2), and Love Whisper (4), totaling 35, which ties them with CNBlue and APink.

Also:
    >Being this mad about a music show.

Come on now, I thought we were all better than that here.

9. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

They just won on Inkigayo as well ^^

IgotExosBangtan likes this.
  10. FTJ

FTJ Rookie

Rough was super popular. Their main competition at the time was Winner and they won that head to head.
    Navillera was released during a period of not that much competition. People used to say that GFriend were just robbing an empty house.

With Fingertip and Love Whisper they released in much more competitive times. Fingertip went against Twice. Twice had the digitals, albums, fan voting, and MV views over GFriend. Taeyeon won a couple of awards during that time too.
    Love Whisper probably could have won a full week but Kokobop turned out to have a good amount of longevity (3rd week KKB vs. 1st week Love Whisper). Their MV ads really came in handy on Inki since Inki counts YT for 35%. But Wanna One is most likely going to dominate now.

If you're confused about music show wins just look at who released at the time, the music show criteria, and how well everyone did in relation to one another based on that criteria.

Glensather likes this.
  11. yutrial

yutrial Entertainer

Both, bad timing and they lost their light by looking at the amount of heart of their album and title song on melon :

glass bead : 10k+, 50k
    me gustas tu : 16 k, 108k
    rough : 25k, 127 k
    navillera : 19k, 91k
    fingertip : 11k, 48k
    love whisper : 14 k, 44k

from navillera i guess they gradually decreasing, and now they are not digimon anymore, altough their melon fan increase alot, public almost ignore them

12. Nicklaus

Staff Member

Which is strange, because exo lost by 2k in digital points despite having higher digitals than LW :whatr: I guess inki don't use gaon data anymore, but maybe specific charts like bugs and genie where exo is doing poorly

Kburke likes this.
  13. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Artist

They had higher digital score on MCD but lost because of live votes tho

14. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Artist

And lol at people that say navillera robbed an empty house. It was winning even when it was a month old. How is that called an empty house? You always find ways to make Gfriend look like they achieved nothing.

15. Princess_Pure

Princess_Pure Artist

Sis,love whisper is charting well compared to fingertip. Wait for it to chart for a while,it will get good amount of hearts. Plus it was faster to achieve that amount compared to rough. They have a bigger fandom now.

16. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Super Rookie

It's 4 actually....

17. yutrial

yutrial Entertainer

First of all i'm not sis lol
    im their casual listeners, they are #18 now on melon, love whisper heart grow reeeeaaallly slow, it wont be more than 60k i guess. look at rough and me gustas tu heart, they are no longer has casual listeners like they used to be, its a fact, they are back to their cute powerful song but public seems lost their interest towards them, i used to think gfriend stronger digitally than bp and rv but i guess they aren't now..

18. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

GFriend probably had more downloads than EXO this week.

19. Sinzy

Sinzy Rookie

Lw is a boring song, hope they do better next time.

Ayumi9 and _Yeri like this.
  20. Nicklaus

Staff Member

They had 20k more downloads but 1.1 mill less streams

Kburke likes this.