China Makes a Diss Track to Hong Kong

Discussion in 'C-POP' started by Unicorn_Pee, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Unicorn_Pee

Unicorn_Pee Rookie

Featuring famous Chinese rappers.

2. Daneyed

Daneyed Trainee

Deleted: wrong info

#2 Daneyed, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  3. Unicorn_Pee

Unicorn_Pee Rookie

Hiphop isn’t banned in China though. It might be censored for the general public but they also have an underground scene that is pretty hard.

Twitter is banned in China but this track was also dropped on Weibo. I don’t really get why they had to drop this because it looks like they’re reaching and desperate. HK had a hiphop scene before China even had pop music. I’m waiting for the HK reply, it’s gonna be epic.

Daneyed and Zuko1 like this.
  4. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Super Rookie

For someone who actually follows the news of the protest, I am annoyed with some kpop fans saying Hong Kong is oppressed by China. Like please don’t start telling on politics if you don’t know whats going on.

HK is not Taiwan alright, when Britain gave HK to China, both China and HK agreed to “one country, two government” rules. So HK is part of China, its in their 1997 agreement. HK has autonomy, their own government, their own rules, its separate from China but under the defense like military, HK depends on China. HK even have bills that protects them from China’s laws. Its pretty much a luxury to be Chinese in HK. There are leftists in HK that wants full democracy but there is also HK right wingers against full democracy because that means HK will need its own military defense, ie more money spent. Both left and right aren’t wrong in this, its just the matter of opinions but even the left and right movement through out the years, HK’s autonomy still remains.

But the mess behind this is on its Criminal Laws. Last year a HK couple went on a Valentine’s trip to Taipei and the man named CTK killed the woman. He went back to HK and confessed to the HK police. But because there is a loophole where HK and Taipei are not allowed to send fugitives to each other and to China, CTK is prosecuted in HK, which ends up with him getting out if prison this year due to lack of evidence from the HK department.

Now one problem came up, HK people can commit crimes that would sentence them into 20 years in prison, but because of this loophole, they can come back to HK, and be freed in less than 2 years. Its a problem between China, HK and Taipei’s justice system that needs to be fixed.

Which then comes the new bill by HK. Now this new bill will open ways for fugitives in HK, Taipei and China to be prosecuted under One China policy. Which then creates a problem in the autonomy in HK and Taipei, it lessens the power in the autonomy itself. People who just found out about the protest thinks China is oppressing HK to give up on the autonomy. That’s not it. The protest is against HK government that wants to pass a bill that can weaken the autonomy government. China is basically just crossing it’s legs waiting for HK to either drop their autonomy or just continue the autonomy like always because the change makes very little difference to China. HK is already part of China as their 1997 agreement is written. They don’t need to put the propaganda on HK like they do towards Taipei.

So why is Beijing mad now at HK? As many movements in the world, a protest can be peaceful until one dumb shit disrupt and wakens other dumb shits. The protest started by peaceful people asking to turn down the bill. But history of HK protests aren’t always that peaceful, so HK police who is dumb enough to not do any research resulted in brutality. Then angry dumb protestors comes in, used their own brutality, sets fire on many Beijing official offices, took China’s flag and throw it in the water. Even at war, its considered a no to disrespect another’s flag. Beijing now sees HK as rioting against China.

Thus Beijing steps up with their One China propaganda against HK because its the truth, HK belongs to China. The protest wasn’t even about the One China policy, its simply about HK people not wanting their autonomy power to lessen, but when the wrong people takes up this movement and results violence, its gonna go bad. Its not even China starting it, its the HK police and then then HK angry protestors.

I’m not with the One China policy, I am saying, HK is not innocent. They have criminal laws they need to fix. So for some people to just side with HK because “oh its oppressed by China”, please, do your research first.

This diss track by China also shows plebians way of trying to insert themselves into politics for their own agenda. Because the truth is China mainlanders know HK people looks down on them, and any reason for them to diss HK people, they’d do it even if its a very shallow understanding of what is going on.

Zuko1 likes this.
  5. Daneyed

Daneyed Trainee

Ahh, I didn't know that. A lot of people were tweeting they were banned so thank you for the info

6. KAMlTRUTH

KAMlTRUTH Rookie

JYP Staff
    China hasn't been oppressing Hong Kong as they were protected by Deng Xiaoping's 1 country 2 systems policy but Xi Jinping is challenging it with the extradition bill so they ARE about to be oppressed.

7. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Super Rookie

Are you sure its an oppression here because that seems a bit of a surface value. Criminals have been using Hong Kong as a way to get out of heavy prosecutions because there is no extradition. Hong Kong’s autonomy is basically also housing many corruption criminals over the past years because of this loophole in their criminal law. If you say you are with the HK protestors only because of the “oppressed” surface value, you need to do more research my friend. Because HK is also faulty in this case.

Bear in mind the extradition bill is from the HK government proposal, not China’s. China’s Beijing has no benefit to get HK under it’s wings, HK since 1997 are already under China. The initial peaceful protest was against the HK government, by young protestors. If you must know, since 1960’s there was always leftist protestors in HK that will use any method to get full democracy, and this time, they use the peaceful protest created by HK’s youth to expedite their agenda. They were the ones rioting the protest against Beijing, throwing fire into Beijing’s official offices, throwing the China flag into the river. You see, China may be a lot of things but this time around, they have a right to be pissed.

HK is not Taipei. Its not an ambiguous state, it is part of China clearly. Its in the amendment in 1997 when Britain hand over HK. There is no need for China to run over the One China propaganda on Hong Kong until the riot against Beijing starts. The luxury it’s people have being an autonomy is great, but it also opens loopholes for criminals to go free. HK needs to fix that. I am not saying we have to support One China policy, but as of now, anyone deciding to side with HK just because of surface value and biased view against China, just know you are also enabling criminals go free.

8. KAMlTRUTH

KAMlTRUTH Rookie

JYP Staff
    China has detained over 1 million Uyghur muslims in Xinjiang, detained human rights/pro democracy activists, sentenced a writer to 10 years in jail for gay scenes and arrested cartoonists for not being patriotic enough etc yet ironically you question Hong Kong's rule of law.

Let's not also forget China's top tier cities like Shenzhen are modelled after Hong Kong's capitalist economy thanks to reformist leader Deng Xiaopeng while Xi is going back to the Mao style oppressing, dark ages of China. You know both HK and Taiwan might honor the One China policy if China wasn't regressing into a totalitarian state under Xi's dictatorship.

9. ilikeJB

ilikeJB Super Rookie

Did you even read anything I type? Like I said, China is doing a million questionable things, but on the HK’s case that is happening, they have merits to be pissed. HK is not innocent. HK have their criminal laws to be fixed. If the bill is passed, the autonomy weakens, but bear in mind, it is still in place. The HK government will still exist even after. So all this talk like HK will lose their freedom is a total bullshit, because its one bill right now that doesn’t even touch the 1997 agreement of “One country, two government”.

You wanna compare the HK riot to what happened in Xinjiang, you have got to be kidding me. Its not comparable. Because one is a political issue with criminal law loopholes, and the other is a human rights problems that needs more than the UN to solve. You are disrespecting the Uyghur Muslims to even compare their problems to the politics HK is bringing in.

HK doesn’t just honor the One China policy, they are part of it since the One China policy was introduced. The HK government was even supporting Beijing on the propaganda against the election of the new Taipei’s president. You still wanna think HK is the nice guy?

This is politics play, no one is the good guy. So if you wanna side with one party, it will never be the good guy. China is bad, so is HK. That’s that.

If you are just gonna list more “bad stuff” China makes, be my guest. I’m not defending China but I am also not gonna defend HK by listing what China does bad. Thats like saying someone should not be prosecuted for killing because his neighbour did something much worse.

10. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Super Rookie

Pirate King
    I honestly think it's really weird that..... China always claim that China and HK is family! But then they go and do things like.... lock up human right activists, lawyers, banned political books..... China also claim that China and Taiwan is family! But they bully Taiwan every chance they get...
    like if this is a relationship this is when you either break it off, or call the police. It's so abusive.