Chaeyong, Ellie Goulding, J Balvin, Grimes and more to star in Google’s 'Arts & culture' Project

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Serendipity2000, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Serendipity2000

Serendipity2000 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Chaeyoung from Twice, J Balvin, FKA Twigs, More Join Google’s ‘Art Zoom’ Project (Video)

artzoom_new_2_4.jpg

J Balvin, Ellie Goulding, FKA twigs, Grimes, Matt Healy from the 1975 and Chaeyoung from Twice are all starring in the new season of Google Arts & Culture’s Art Zoom series, which takes viewers on a guided tour of some of the world’s most famous masterpieces through the narration of famous musicians.

Through Google’s “gigapixel” Art Camera — a robotic camera custom-made to create the highest possible resolution images of paintings — users can zoom into an artwork at brushstroke-level detail and explore its hidden depths.

As one would expect from a fine-art-based series, “Art Zoom” is carefully curated, with each musician having a clear connection to the subject matter: FKA Twigs’ latest album is called “Magdalene” and she speaks about a painting of Mary Magdalene; J Balvin is from Medellin, Colombia, as is the painter Botero, etc

Twice's rapper Chaeyoung’s exploration of colors and shapes, mountains and nature, with “Mountains (Topography)” by the iconic Korean abstract painter Yoo Youngkuk. Chaeyoung says, “ For me, color is very important and that’s what caught my eye the first time I saw Yoo Youngkuk’s painting. I love nature, trees and looking at Yoo’s abstract art made me use my imagination which I love.”

Full article:

https://variety.com/2020/music/news...s-google-art-zoom-watch-video-1234769566/amp/

It was nice to see chaeyong talk about art with such depth! I only included chaeyongs part but art lovers should watch every artist. It's really well done!

2. miuhiae

miuhiae Celebrity

Currency:
    ur local tzuyu
    CHAEYOUNG GOOGLE QUEEN TWICE SUPERGROUP

3. Serendipity2000

Currency:
    The dark cloudy skies, mountain ranges and those orange streaks the way she asked if it was sunlight or flowing lava. Girl took us on a whole journey in 5 mins....

If any jyp staff is reading this pls make more of these collabs happen. I've watched this a 100 times over. It's so fkn good.
    :lover1::waterr:

#3 Serendipity2000, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    StepOut, JinWifeu and Armedryu like this.
  4. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Married to @njsjyghsjmthjk

Currency:
    Student
  5. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Trendsetter

Currency:
    Chaeyoung is so talented. It hurts how ppl underestimate her talent(it's jyp fault). Jyp hid this gem for so long.

Armedryu and Serendipity2000 like this.
  6. Serendipity2000

Currency:
    I swear! It's such a shame to see her talent go to waste like this.

I had lost intrest in art and my first thought was that's an ugly ass painting but at the end of her explanation I felt like it had more meaning than my entire existence.

She's so patient, she knows people came with a closed mindset like mine and was so so kind about it. She's so amazing
    :waterr:

Armedryu likes this.
  7. Armedryu

Armedryu Idol

Currency:
    Quality content

StepOut and Serendipity2000 like this.
  8. Serendipity2000

Currency:
    I can't stop watching it ryu. There's something so gripping about the painting and her voice.
    :waterr:

I keep going back again and again. It's so intresting. I need god jihyo

Armedryu likes this.