Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Calling all JYPE Stans, Are Y'all Still Going To F*cks With Somi After This....

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Justrealonce, Sep 23, 2018.

?

Would you still ride for Somi?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2018.
  1. Yes, why not.

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Nah, she's shady asf!

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. May be, may be not. IDK

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Justrealonce

Justrealonce Newbie

Full time fanboy
    So... Somi left JYP for YG.

Um.... THAT'S SHADY ASF!!

I've always seen Somi as that special TWICE almost Member, and felt she deserved a permanent group of her own. So I was really looking forward to her debuting in jypngg, as an obvious leader with all the attention and stans... But shockingly she "left" outta no where.

There was definitely some behind the scenes drama with her leaving JYPE, she was probably kicked out for something. Being the sweet company that JYPE is, they covered her image... SM can't relate

Blinks have made it obvious that they're going to give ygngg a hard time breathing. JYPE stans(ONCEs) are we going to keep sticking up for Somi even if she's now a yg trainee.

I'm a little bit iffy about this, but I'll still lowkey support her.

2. MyPostsAreFacts

Depends on what kind of music she makes. If it's good or not.

Isn't she going to be a soloist at the black label? If she was going to be in ygngg wouldn't she join actual yg?

3. Justrealonce

Justrealonce Newbie

Full time fanboy
    I think she's trying to audition for the new ygngg that would be debuting in Teddy's black label girl group

4. beeholt

beeholt Rookie

I've seen people commenting on this whole ordeal and they were saying she probably left because JYPE might not have a GG anytime soon, because Twice is super popular and they're milking that
    She might've just grown tired of waiting
    And with her talent I'm not surprised YG took her instead

JakeyWantsCakey and Justrealonce like this.
  5. Bebe

Bebe Married to @twinklingtwinkly

good thing i dont stan companies

6. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Trainee

She's probably going solo. She's been doing solo gigs since she left IOI. AFAIK, TBL only does solo artists. Her decision to cover only solo artists on MuBank is telling as well.

kgggg, pleasehelpme and Justrealonce like this.
  7. WhiteWadeWilson

Neverland/Blink/Fromily/EXO-L/VIP/Blackjack/Melody
    JYPapi left a HINT yesterday tbh

Justrealonce likes this.
  8. pleasehelpme

pleasehelpme ♡AKP's Sweetheart♡
    . Junior Moderator

BLINKs like Somi cus she's had nice interactions with BP so I think they would at least support her. Once will support her cus she was almost in TWICE and anyone who watched Sixteen would have seen how much she deserves to debut, heck they might have even rooted for her to be in TWICE itself. She's also got all the IOI fame from being the centre. Girl is set!

I don't think it's shady, I mean JYP implied she broke a rule but he always does that vague stuff when someone gets kicked out or leaves. As far as we know she left and he wasn't exactly treating her the best. Can't say YG's dungeon will be any better for certain but it's better than joining a smaller company. There's no question for me that she deserves it, sure she can be a little overhyped due to her popularity but I will support her all the same. If she gets a solo I would live for it!

Justrealonce likes this.
  9. Teshubs_Irene

Fans ALWAYS use that excuse. It’s well known JYP new GG will debut before YG/BL’s new GG. Not to mention YG is INFAMOUS for years long delays of their girl groups. So what those fans try to speculate is BS.

Somi was probably offered more money. Not to mention she may hate doing cute concepts for years and prefers more “Western” styles.

10. EazyC

EazyC Prominent

Promoting Twice and EXO
    I do agree it is a bit shady but we don't know why she left, I just hope she does well wherever/whatever she ends up doing. ONCE's just want what is best for her which is why most ONCE's aren't hating,I just hope she made the right decision and she doesn't end up debuting and then having a comeback once every two years or something.

kgggg and Justrealonce like this.
  11. rinah108

rinah108 Idol

i'm just wondering, why Black Label and not YG?

Justrealonce likes this.
  12. Teshubs_Irene

BL or YG, it doesn’t matter. In the end it’s going to be Teddy giving life to the group.

rinah108 likes this.
  13. PINKBLINK

PINKBLINK Rookie

Jobless!
    No I wont be tbh. I didn't support her before as I wasn't a fan.

I'm not a sad company stans so Somi, all she is to me is a person who failed to make it to Twice and it stops at that. Just because I like Twice I don't own any albums or listen to Got7, Stray Kids, Miss A..

Sure they have some songs I kinda like, but in reality I don't stan them or JYP or Somi. Good luck to her.

14. wonderboy47

wonderboy47 Newbie

This is debunked though since JYP released a specific plan for the timing of their new girl groups, boy groups, etc. The girl group is set for end of year or beginning of next. Seeing as how JYP just closed with the highest market cap and is making so much money from investors I don't think they'll stray from their plans. They want to become a huge company and they are on the right track basically taking the marketing that made Twice what it is and implementing it in every other group.

I think it's possible either Somi got a little full of herself and started to feel too good for a group (which I kind of sensed when she started making statements like "I'm not in a rush to debut" or saying she didn't care much for debuting anymore, which makes no sense if she's going to go to another label to debut quicker lol), the other thing is she could have gotten in trouble and JYP removed her. But knowing them they never actually reveal why they remove artists like Jay Park or Junhyeok from Day6 so that the artist has a chance to come back under another company. Other companies try to blacklist the artist or tarnish their image which sucks.

15. cnpvj

cnpvj Newbie

It's just business at the end of the day. Theblacklabel must have given her a better deal that aligned with her dreams and plans. You only live once, might as well make the most out of it in the way you want to.

16. beeholt

beeholt Rookie

Yeah, that does make more sense

17. babydoll23

babydoll23 Rookie

Student
    Not a JYP stan but hear me out:

In JYP, she'd forever be known as the girl who "almost" made it into twice, the one who debuted with IOI and then JYP did nothing with her musically after IOI promotions ended. Everything she did would be compared to twice, including being in her own group; JYP stans love to compare her success to Twice and I think she got annoyed by it. Add to that the fact she literally debuts LAST out of all of the IOI girls, even though she was the most popular. I'd be annoyed, too. What we do know is that JYP's sound for his girl groups/female idols is definitely less western and more experimental while Teddy is arguably one of the best (if not the best) producers for creating a Western sound, which suits Somi more than the aegyo concepts.

I think fans need less loyalty to companies (which is a dumb idea anyway) and more loyalty to the actual people under the label.

18. Teudungi21

Teudungi21 Rookie

Teacher
    She did do things musically after IOI, she released two solo collaborations and was on several variety shows that produced temporary girl groups, hosted music shows and made several other appearances on shows. Also she will always been known as all of those things regardless if she debuts with JYP or the Black label. Her leaving doesnt change the fact that she almost debuted in Twice. Also I haven't seen JYP Stans compare her to Twice simple because there really is no comparison to be made and in fact if she debuts in another girl group with a rival company that comparison will be worse. She will now be compared to Twice and JYPNGG. Lets say she debuts with this new group and it doesnt do well or at least as well as JYPNGG people will point that out. So going by your logic she actually made it worse because she probably will be compared to two groups. As for western music this also seems off as JYP has Stray Kids which I do think is working to more western audiences with their sound and their self producing. I also dont know about the motivation for wanting to appeal more to the west as none of teddies songs have been that successful outside of Asia at least to my knowledge. In fact all YG artist have seen just about the same amount of success in America and the west as early JYP artist. I expect her to go solo if anything as this would make the most sense. But I dont know how successful she will be if she tries for the west or even in Korea. But I have been following her this long so I shall wait and see. Oh and I agree about the company loyalty, I dont really care that she left JYP, if she felt it was better for her career then its cool. This doesnt mean im not curious as to why though because it all seems very strange.

19. 5HINee321

5HINee321 Trainee

Approved by Obama
    i'm not a giant fan of somi's to begin with, but I don't think an artist should be punished for wanting the best for themselves. She wasn't getting anywhere with JYP, he's obviously too focused on TWICE and that doesn't seem like it's going to change anytime soon. Fans weren't going to wait forever for her

20. Meloverse

Meloverse Married to @Yeo_One

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    Not a JYP stan, but an IOI stan and tbh I probably won't bother to stan Somi or heavily follow her after this.

I mean, how could I? It looks like she'll barely get comebacks beyond her first year. I don't know about you but I ain't stanning a half-active group with a sad excuse of promotion.