Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BTS thinks our love is fake

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Jiora, May 27, 2018.

1. Jiora

Jiora Entertainer

2. Lovely_Cornchips

Being left alone
    It seems more like they are talking about an unrequited love and how they gave their all for someone who didn't feel the same. And they went so hard at trying to impress and gain that persons love that they ultimately lost themselves.

So I don't think it has anything to do with fans.

3. You_Stuid_Bitch

You_Stuid_Bitch Trainee

you love them while they're young and popular.. but i doubt you will when they get old and reach their peak.. so it's all fake in the end

3RACHA likes this.
  4. Jiora

Jiora Entertainer

What I'm seeing in the lyrics is that fans say they love them, but they don't know the real BTS. They just love the image they present publicly. Maybe, if they knew all their private thoughts, a lot of the fans would not love them as much as they profess

#4 Jiora, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
  5. Serge

Serge Super Rookie

Fake love was a pretty underwhelming song

but it seems the rest of the album is better

that explains the international success and all

6. linur07

linur07 Rookie

but is this song really about their fans? in their interviews namjoon said that this fake love could be between two people or just between you and yourself. so i‘m assuming that this is for themselves and not armys?
    and even if they did feel like our love towards them is fake, i don‘t think they‘d make a song about it saying they‘re „sick of it“ and make it the title track. that would only get them a shit ton of hate.

7. BangDaeJae

BangDaeJae Rookie

I didn't really read into it that much honestly? But honestly they're putting on part of their personality, if people knew some of them outside of the group they might not like them so much but I don't personally think the lyrics have anything to do with fans.

3RACHA likes this.
  8. Ojijini

Ojijini Artist

a boring ass student/renjun enthusiast.
    we could interpret it as that and learn to reflect on ourselves and treat bts better

9. GukkieBun

GukkieBun Artist

Loving n appreciating Jeon Jungkook
    "Love you so bad, love you so bad
    Mold a pretty lie for you
    Love it’s so mad, love it’s so mad
    Try to erase myself and make me your doll"

If this is about BTS&ARMY then this can be interpreted as BTS loving ARMY so much that they only want to show ARMY their perfect selves but by doing that they erase who they are and effectively turn themselves into a doll that is manipulated by what ARMY wants from them even though ARMYs don't realise it. Because of how they may have suppressed themselves and their true feelings, the person ARMY are in love with might be a different person to who they actually are inside, thus the love ARMYs hold for BTS is actually fake as they aren't in love with the members themselves but with the "pretty lie" they have made themselves out to be.

"For you, I could pretend
    like I was happy when I was sad
    For you, I could pretend
    like I was strong when I was hurt
    I wish love was perfect as love itself
    I wish all my weaknesses could be hidden
    I grew a flower that can’t be bloomed
    in a dream that can’t come true

I’m so sick of this
    fake love, fake love, fake love"

Rather than BTS thinking that their fans don't love them, I think it's more to do with BTS feeling insecure about revealing their true selves to fans instead of pretending to be the happy and cheerful idols they have to pretend to be, and that maybe if they revealed how they were truely feeling then maybe some ARMYs wouldn't think the same of them anymore. But however insecure they may feel, they also feel like they can't keep up with pretending anymore, BTS did say this this will be their most personal album yet, maybe it's because they're finally knocking down this last wall between them and ARMY.

3RACHA likes this.