BTS Suga Throwing Up Gang Signs On BBMAs

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Park_Oppa, May 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LacriMosa95

LacriMosa95 Super Rookie

idk why old BTS thread keep respawn these days, but no, he's not throwing any gang sign, it's a "peace" hand sign which lot of people do it too, and neither are getting shot.
    :sketchyk::sketchyk:

Alison13 likes this.
  2. astroxbella

astroxbella Newbie

chill out i was just makin a joke outta it ma.

3. Zehila

Zehila Idol

Can't people background check before believing every stupid things they see ? Like it's not hard to question something you aren't sure about instead of believing it like it was god's word...

SugaKookies101 likes this.
  4. crrysitacl

crrysitacl Newbie

People who say that Suga is throwing gang signs are completely clueless. BTS has never encouraged violence, let alone encouraged gang related actions. Suga is showing a gesture called "Emeka". It represents peace, love and unity. Please do research before you call Suga dumb or stupid for throwing "gang signs", or else you'll find yourself receiving your own words.

linaaa_03 and SugaKookies101 like this.
  5. SugaKookies101

Why?

6. SugaKookies101

Thank you! Atleast someone knows!

MassiveKpopFan likes this.
  7. SugaKookies101

I’m kinda confused here. Are you saying that you don’t like what he’s doing or it’s between.

8. linaaa_03

linaaa_03 Newbie

9. loomynartychild

loomynartychild Trendsetter

Dude should be careful throwing that around in Cali

10. Blushie

Blushie Newbie

Look, this thread is months and months old, but I even created an account just so I could come in here and make this comment:

YOU GUYS NEED TO CALM DOWN.

You know why? Because America isn't the center of the universe, ffs. You think people outside of California, let alone people from another country, know wtf all the gang signs are, enough to be throwing them at public events? Fck no!

For alla you barkin' real loud about how these are gang signs, no one can pinpoint what gang uses this sign, if it's even a gang sign, at all!

As someone else said, in America, it seems to be best known as the Shocker. While it's possible Yoongi knows what that is and is using it on purpose, I don't think it's highly likely.

I've also seen other Korean idol stars using that sign--look up Park Bom. You'll find this example:

[​IMG]

Oh, sht. Don't look, now. Bae Suzy's totally throwing gang-unknown's signs, and heaping aegyo on top, to be extra insulting!

[​IMG]

Here's Kookie, showing us dangerous "finger guns":

[​IMG]

Watch out, now! Looks like Song Ji Eun's definitely got the inside track on California's complex hand gesture repertoire:

[​IMG]

Here's another "gang sign" that Yook Sung Jae's being careless with!

[​IMG]

Namjoon's definitely making some sort of gangsta insult by pointing at his thicc thigh!!!!!!!!11!!1

[​IMG]

Oh, hell! What gang's sign could this possibly be?? These people are just ASKING to be murdered, aren't they?!?!?! (There's even controversy about who stole this "gang sign," first! Read up on it, here!)

[​IMG]

Oh, hell, naw. Shin has CROSSED THE LINE with this offensive gesture!
    [​IMG]

What's that you say? The thumbs up isn't offensive? Think, again.

[​IMG]

Just because it's not offensive in America doesn't mean it's not offensive in other places! Know why?

America isn't the center of the universe!

Also. I've seen people trying to calm this fire by saying, "OH, HEY, NO. It's ACTUALLY called EMEKA, and it means PEACE, LOVE, and UNITY!"

Um...

Everyone's using an Urban Dictionary entry to "prove" this point. But, have they actually done any research on this so-called "emeka" sign's origin? Is it even real?

I did some research, because I was also curious as to what the Shocker sign could mean in Korean culture. I, too, came across this convenient little entry in Urban Dictionary... It reads nicely. So sweet.

It's totally trollbait, you guys.

Did you even LOOK at the hashtags across the bottom? LOOK.

----------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

AND, two days later? "SamYoung" posts, again, as "samanthayoung" with this:

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------

The only other thing that ever turns up for me in searches about 'Emeka' is that it's an African male name, and Igbo slang about attractive men, due to the fact that the name means "has done well" in Igbo.

Now......

Clearly, Yoongi's gone through stages of finding his own personal sign to throw... Back in their Dark and Wild days, he was using this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which eventually became...

[​IMG]

I think this version is one he decided he liked better. It has absolutely fck-all to do with gang signs, from California or otherwise. He's Korean. He might like rap, but he probably doesn't know the first thing about gang signs and he doesn't want or need any "cred" from that.

[​IMG]
    (This pose is commonly seen in allllll kinds of Korean celebrity selcas (selfies), and though it was a popular "hip hop" pose for (mostly) white dudes in the 90s, it has an entirely different meaning in Korean culture. It's supposed to promote the 'v-shaped chin/jawline' that is viewed as ideal, according to their beauty standards.)

Now, can we all, instead, talk about his pinky's proclivity to curl when he's putting his hands up against his face? It's super cute.
    [​IMG]

Ffs.

#70 Blushie, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    lizyy and Sameera96 like this.
  11. Scheve

Scheve Trainee

Traveller • Student
    That's the international protect the kitties hand sign, what are you guys talking about? :whatr:

12. smolbb

smolbb Newbie

just so everyone knows that's not actually a gang sign! it's called Emeka and it means peace love and unity! it's just a joke around armies that yoongi throws up gang signs :)

Sameera96 likes this.
  13. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Trendsetter

Student
    literally why revive this thread? this answer was stated several times

VeritasLiberabit likes this.
  14. Zerachiel

Zerachiel Super Rookie

Triggering Reno
    Holy shit did not even look at the dates.. why do people keep reviving dead threads? i remove my post.