NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

BTS paved the way for other kpop groups and idols to think bigger

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by loveyou3000BTS, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterofceremony

Currency:
    JK's biggest fanboy ♡
    I'm just stating based on previous threads on this matter. It will end up in fanwar and no one will gain anything.
    But you do you

2. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Yes it does take away from other groups achivements if Another group wins a grammy and Armys go BTS paved the way for them to do well , its all thanks for BTS that x group did well.

Its clearly trying to take away a groups achivements thats what this dumb pave the way argument is doing.

3. oceaneyes

oceaneyes Public Figure

Currency:
    True. Bts deserves the title of paving the way for other artist in western market. There wont be any artist that big like bts but.

What I dont like is armies keep on using that to spam and bash other groups achievements on other groups post and related article. At this point it has gone kinda annoying. "Paving the way" has starting to lost respect and has become a meme for me.

Minazuki and ForgottenSoul like this.
  4. euentbug

euentbug Married to @sadsavely

Currency:
    i said it before and i’ll ask again. what impact did they made to western industry to make developing as a kpop group easier?

i’ll say again:
    bts distributed physicals in the us so other groups started. bts had a deal with a big western label so other groups started. bts had a comeback stage in the west so other groups started. bts did western talk shows as cb promotions so other groups started. bts got nominated for bbma and suddenly the social chart went from all western acts + bts to almost all kpop acts trying to get a bbma. bts started winning lots of western awards so they made whole kpop categories and started nominated kpop groups in other categories as well.

they have undeniably made kpop groups progress in the west easier in concrete ways that are easily observable. that is paving the way by definition.

no other kpop group has impacted the industry in a way that “makes progress or development easier” in the west. i’d love to hear you explain anything that another group has done to make kpop development easier in the west.

AmmaAffa and myaza like this.
  5. dopiee

dopiee Trainee

Currency:
    I agree, some ARMYs keep holding onto past grudges and take their fans words as an invitation to mock other groups now.
    I also believe that artist should be separated from their fandom and people hating on other artists just because of the fans are wrong.

Minazuki likes this.
  6. imsodone8

imsodone8 Super Rookie

Currency:
    No one said that tf?
    You're creating problems out of nowhere then complain about it, op just said how it's more possible now for artists to wish and maybe get a grammy because bts showed that it is indeed possible.

7. loveyou3000BTS

loveyou3000BTS Super Rookie

Currency:
    You are excellent at spreading nonsense! :omgr:

Why do I have a feeling you will say something related to BTS next?

Don't worry I already have my answer for you because you are just sadly that predictable :)

8. euentbug

Currency:
    right??? op just said kpop groups can more boldly say they want a bbma or grammy now because bts has proved its possible, whereas before it was thought of as a “pipe dream” for kpop artists.

imsodone8 likes this.
  9. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    I mean the album is selling 230k at the moment will likely be certified 500k/1m.. songs have sold 1m.. that is impact whether you like it or not.

Who the hell cares if BTS distrubuted physicals even if every group can do that now doesnt mean they will sell well , signing to a company doesnt mean they will do well , having a comeback stage doesnt mean they will do well.

A group doing well in America is people liking their music it really has fuck all to do with BTS.

I wont ever accept this argument from armys when you just use it to undermine groups achivements.

10. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Public Figure

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    People, whenever they win awards that were once thought impossible thank those that came before them to make it possible. It doesn't make their achievement mean any less and in fact makes it mean much more because it means the efforts made payed off. Sure some armys might say that but if Blackpink wins a grammy its still a huge honor no matter what.

11. RunOutOfIdeas

RunOutOfIdeas Married to @KiKi234

Currency:
    Loving Bai Yu
    I don't know if this is a troll thread or not but this is true. Any artist or their fan can dream of whatever they want. I didn't like it when people made fun of BTS when they dreamed of getting a Daesang and I won't do the same to other myself now.

Now on the topic. Since 2017 there has been such an obvious shift in the kpop industry and that has to do with what BTS has achieved 100%.
    A lot of groups had Friday releases and tried hard to get actual promotions in the US apart from concerts and Kcon which was only for kpop fans. And that happened because things like charting higher or getting better opportunities in the West became easier.
    So both fans and artists can dream of reaching great highs because now, compared to companies trying in the past, the chances are higher.
    But they should also know that it is not as easy as it might seem and that they should get bigger one step at a time. A Grammy nomination will be the last step. First they should take all the others and that can take both and a lot of disappointments for them along the way.

9397Duo, AmmaAffa, MIRACOLE and 3 others like this.
  12. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Elite

Currency:
    Thats not what paved the way means.
    It doesn't mean that the next act gets their success handed to them.
    It means they're showing them a new path and opening doors for them, getting people talking.

That it isn't at all the same as saying they haven't earned what they achieved and it's all due to a different act.

euentbug likes this.
  13. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Armys have said similar things in the past and will continue to do so they already say that peoples success in the west is due to BTS but okay.

14. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    Don’t worry, it’s getting better. Kaachi invented K-pop.

15. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Then maybe armys should learn to stop using the word to try put groups down.

More then one group helped "pave the way" for KPOP globally.

16. dopiee

dopiee Trainee

Currency:
    Why don't you learn to read first :rolleyes:

euentbug likes this.
  17. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Maybe you should learn to screw your self?

18. anonymous_man

anonymous_man Super Rookie

Currency:
    When did armys ever say "ONLY BTS PAVED THE WAY"???
    Many other groups did that before BTS and will continue to do it the future.

19. hold-me-tight

hold-me-tight Trainee

Currency:
    And some kpop fans always barking for BTS having a big dreams, and still barking whenever BTS got their achievements....

AmmaAffa and ZestyMochi like this.
  20. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    lmfao you must be new because that is literally their argument.

21. euentbug

Currency:
    success in the western industry is not the same as making progress for kpop easier in the western industry.

you’re confusing success for changing the landscape. other groups can be successful here of course, but those things i listed here:

are different. those impact how ALL kpop is able to develop in the west. that’s what paving the way means. making progress or development easier. that’s the definition

blackpink is very successful and killing the game rn. but that’s not the same as paving the way. success and paving the way aren’t the same.

you can’t list a single thing another group has done to make development for kpop easier in the west. i listed a bunch that bts has done right off the top of my head. THAT is paving the way.

9397Duo, AmmaAffa and MIRACOLE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.