NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

BTS paved the way for other kpop groups and idols to think bigger

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by loveyou3000BTS, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minazuki

Minazuki Married to @Icaro_Ribeiro

Currency:
    Taylor Swift's #1 fangirl
    I don't know if you are trolling, OP, but If you are being genuine I kinda agree with you. BTS' success and achievements opened a new perspective for Companies and even K-pop fans to see their idols being pushed for a success in the US more than used to happen back when BTS werent big. That's nothing wrong with saying it! Not only them, but BP's opening doors for girlgroups too. Just like 2nd gen groups did at some point.

The problem is, I wish every army really believed that BTS paved the way and stop using it for shade. Cause everytime a group follow their footsteps, they are bashed. Like, why pave something if you want the way locked when BTS finish to pass?

2. anonymous_man

anonymous_man Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lol..
    I don't see this energy when Cassies says "tvxq opened the door to Japan" which is true.
    Blinks saying their group is the revolution.
    Elfs saying their group is the blueprint for larger groups.
    How is paving the way different?
    Yes 2nd gen paved the way for BTS and now BTS is doing it further for junior groups.

3. euentbug

euentbug Married to @sadsavely

Currency:
    no they didn’t. what impact did they have on the industry to make kpop development in the west easier?

bts distributed physicals in the us so other groups started. bts had a deal with a big western label so other groups started. bts had a comeback stage in the west so other groups started. bts did western talk shows as cb promotions so other groups started. bts got nominated for bbma and suddenly the social chart went from all western acts + bts to almost all kpop acts trying to get a bbma. bts started winning lots of western awards so they made whole kpop categories and started nominated kpop groups in other categories as well.

no other kpop group has made an impact on the western industry in a way that helps other kpop groups develop in the western industry. they’ve made no change that helps kpop groups develop in the western industry.

9397Duo, AmmaAffa, MIRACOLE and 7 others like this.
  4. loveyou3000BTS

loveyou3000BTS Super Rookie

Currency:
    Now I should stop stating the truth because other kpop fans perceive it as an insult...? Sorry but it is the truth that BTS paved the way especially in the U.S. These kpoppies getting butthurt over it is not going to change the truth that BTS provided an opportunity for them and these groups are taking it.

euentbug likes this.
  5. anonymous_man

Currency:
    Also BTS just caused a change to SK enlistment law which directly benefit junior groups.
    BTS PAVED THE WAY

loveyou3000BTS likes this.
  6. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Do cassies go every day or care that much about saying pave the way or stupid shit? No they dont.

7. chounim

chounim Trendsetter

Currency:
    BTS' popularity, success and achievements are astonishing, awe inspiring and very deserving of respect and praise.

But those are their achievements, their popularity and their success. They are theirs, they don't belong to the fans. So those fans acting all big headed while patronising other kpop fans and looking down on their faves are a bunch of moronic bullies living vicariously through BTS success probably because they don't have much going for them. You are not a world star just because your faves achieved big things, sit down.

tokyorv, nct-exo and NOROSENOLIFE like this.
  8. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    BP made it easier for the following girl groups and showed its possible to do well in America when girl groups struggle much more in the west compared to boy groups thats what they did thank you.

KPOP was growing before BTS and its natural western companies would be more interested but sure everything is about BTS they did everything.

9. cherry-boy

cherry-boy Legend

Currency:
    YG Representative :moneyk:
    Well yeah, it's rigged from the gate. Idk if you know bro but the music business is shady AS FUCK. If the label pushes your record, it's good and the public believes in it.

If the label doesn't push the record, they never gave you a chance. That's the way this business works and the Grammys are really not that different.

You gotta play the game from both sides and ARMYs already know what's up. So in short, if BTS wins the Grammy; Prestige. If not, it's bullshit. It all depends on WHO the artist is.
    QUOTE="ForgottenSoul, post: 9260457, member: 17139"]Just watch how quick armys will change when they dont win.[/QUOTE]

10. hold-me-tight

hold-me-tight Trainee

Currency:
    And Now every kpop group deserves grammy?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FB_IMG_1606315202589.jpg

11. helixvc

helixvc Newbie

Currency:
    As a Kpop Fan BTS definitely paved the way.
    You‘re a hater or just delusional to disagree with this fact.
    5 years ago to think about Grammys or Stadium tours in America and Europe was more than a dream.

9397Duo, AmmaAffa, MIRACOLE and 4 others like this.
  12. anonymous_man

Currency:
    Yes they did. Now they have become mature. Back in 2017-18, 2nd Gen stans were literally screaming under every BTS achievement soompi post that their faves paved the way.

9397Duo and MIRACOLE like this.
  13. cherry-boy

cherry-boy Legend

Currency:
    YG Representative :moneyk:
    Suit yourself. For all you know, a racist has sold/ made an excellent commodity for you, multiple times and you don't even know it.

MIRACOLE likes this.
  14. Anon813

Anon813 Star

Currency:
    Engineer
    Who dragged other groups here??? Yet I see ppl dragging army saying army will drag their groups in future.
    Amazing logic.

MIRACOLE and loveyou3000BTS like this.
  15. euentbug

euentbug Married to @sadsavely

Currency:
    so they paved the way for girl groups, okay. i can get on board with that and i agree. i’ve said it before, even. they disproved a lot of shit about girl groups and changed the landscape for girl groups (kpop or western)

but they did not pave the way for kpop in the west, which is what op is talking about. so far, that’s something which only bts has done.

16. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    I mean if BP made it easier for groups which they have unless you think they made it worse they helped pave the way.

BP is a big part of why KPOP exploded on youtube they helped spread KPOP around the world also. They didnt do that thanks for BTS.

17. chounim

chounim Trendsetter

Currency:
    Oh look, another Army using that xenophobic meme again. Surprise.

18. kelechi

kelechi Idol

Currency:
    Damn bts really hurt a lot of people LOL

bts paved the way deal with it.

loveyou3000BTS and euentbug like this.
  19. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Public Figure

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    BTS paving the way doesn't take from other groups achievements at all but the fact is kpop groups just weren't getting signed as rookies, being guest on all of theses and doing festivals like that back then. BTS proved to companies that kpop was profitable and now everyone wants in. I'm of the opinion that all kpop groups do help out because it shows that this a kpop a worthy niche and not just one singular anomaly.

loveyou3000BTS likes this.
  20. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    Sure. Let’s keep this up, shall we? Blackpink paved the way. Like my nonsense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.