NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

BTS paved the way for other kpop groups and idols to think bigger

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by loveyou3000BTS, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SowonderfulBlue

SowonderfulBlue Public Figure

Currency:
    Damn. I guess all the other groups never cared to dream big. What small thinkers. Only BTS is relevant. When will y'alls faves?
    Even future groups can't surpass them. That's it, everyone should stop trying. Y'all can't accept BTS is it and only THEY made it are relevant. They're a household name in the US now, even other countries in the world don't matter. My mom even knows who they are and listens to them and her favorite song is Fake Love. Receipts. Go home now bye losers~

smileflowers and finana like this.
  2. loveyou3000BTS

loveyou3000BTS Super Rookie

Currency:
    LOL! My shelf of BTS albums and me (nowadays) listening to their music on a CD player proves your words wrong. It's ok you can continue being in denial that BTS isn't paving the way for your fav to be climbing up a billboard chart, to make comebacks on western TV shows, to even try being considered for a Grammy!

It's ok dear. Think otherwise! :)

3. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Public Figure

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    Whether we like it or not getting a grammy is still a huge honor. The grammys being racist doesn't suddenly diminish the value of the award. Why do you think we shouldn't strive for chance? For years POC have had to create their own awards essentially making their own table but they deserve to sit at the table with everyone else. The grammys are unfair and they should change why are you against that?

loveyou3000BTS likes this.
  4. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Elite

Currency:
    It wasn't until bts performed in these places that we heard some groups mention bbma or ama stage as a goal
    I think grammys stage is next

All that being said, this thread will just get bts dragged
    Armys too

I beg you, just focus on BE

RunOutOfIdeas and 9397Duo like this.
  5. 9397Duo

9397Duo Trendsetter

Currency:
    A lot of salty comments in this thread lol. While it’s true that many artists around the world have dreamed of a Grammy or Hot 100 #1 etc. since before BTS were born, Kpop groups have only started being actively and boldly vocal about wanting to achieve those things after BTS made it possible.

I’ve seen some of them nowadays saying they want to perform at the BBMAs when this would’ve been such a random goal for a 2nd gen Kpop idol to utter. No Kpop group has ever considered submitting to the Grammy’s until BTS themselves became vocal about wanting it and annually campaigning for a nom.

6. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    Did i ever say that they didn’t pave the way? Girl you lack reading skills. Go back to my posts and show me where I said “they didn’t pave the way”
    First of all hunny, making these type of threads won’t do any shit so you have to shut up. There will always be antis roaming around, you don’t need to get everyone’s approval, there will always be antis floating even if you don’t like it, I’m being frank.

ForgottenSoul likes this.
  7. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    You do know BP had the highest song peak on billboard before BTS and Just because BTS chart well on billboard does not mean others will.

BP have them selfs to thank not BTS you do know not everything is due to males right?

Girls can pave their own way without males having to do it for them.

#27 ForgottenSoul, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  8. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    And so with that being said, if bts paved the way then they did. Do not need to always make a thread saying they did every fucking time just to gain other people’s approval. Not everyone is going to accept the fact, deal with it.

9. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    The idea that im against Grammys changing is peak level delusional from you I never said anything close to that lmfao.

The idea that people didnt dream of winning grammys before BTS is hilarious though.

How desperate are armys to prove BTS paved the way and try to make everyones success about them its really quite funny.

10. loveyou3000BTS

Currency:
    Typical EXO-L behavior! And the second part is actually an advice you should be listening to. Byeeeee!

11. imsodone8

imsodone8 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Some people need to learn how to read, it's true bts made other groups think and dream of big achievements that were considered impossible before, there is no downplaying nor overlooking this is just a fact.
    Also, yes we can call the grammys racist then wish for a nom, we were complaining about the racism because it made it harder for acts from other countries and races to get this award that has always been considered a very big achievement for any artist, not because we think the grammys awards are bad and we don't want them lol.
    it's like complaining about the fucked up education system yet still wanting to get good grades.
    Ps. try to hide your saltiness better next time.

12. jkmj

jkmj A-List

Currency:
    Aren't we all tired of this by now? OP not directed at you but I am just surpirsed how people aren't bored of this debate yet?

13. Closer

Closer 24K

Currency:
    You’re now calling out the “exo-l behavior” to fit your lame ass narrative because you couldn’t handle what I said, poor you. Go drink some milk. I’m not the same person who used 5 alts to fight with a person just over K-pop jan.

tokyorv likes this.
  14. loveyou3000BTS

Currency:

W H A T?!

Lol. Dear Blinkie, please stop your lie.

Typical Blink behavior - go on a different tangent and scream feminism. Stop, please.

MIRACOLE likes this.
  15. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Nope peoples dreams were grammys before BTS exists im sorry that not everything is about BTS.

16. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Elite

Currency:
    BTS literally charted in 2015 on BB200

17. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    I mean as if its your last was the highest charting korean song by a group in America.

I mean stop having sexist undertones in your comments then.

18. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Leader

Currency:
    Grammy is still a POS and still racist and still irrelevant. I'm just happy BTS got it because they wished for it.

19. ForgottenSoul

Currency:
    Different charts but as if its your last was the highest peaking song in 2017 by a group.

20. masterofceremony

Currency:
    JK's biggest fanboy ♡
    This thread literally won't do any good. It will be the same people arguing all over again over the same stuff and it will end up locked. How many times do you argue over this seriously?? No one will change their opinion and you know that

Just focus on the good stuff and life will be good

MIRACOLE and Korainism like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.