Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BTS Jimin controversy?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Multifandom_hoe, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Multifandom_hoe

Lately, BTS members have been appearing in various variety shows and ARMYs are grateful for the exposure, however, there was a problem or should I say a misunderstanding during one The episode King of Masked singer that Jimin appeared in. People have been arguing back and forth about whether he was right or wrong or even whether this should even be considered as rudeness.
    Before I give my opinion, here's a video so you can judge for yourself.

If you're not familiar with the King of masked singer its a show where various people in masks sing before a panel and are judged based on their voices. Basically, you're likely to win if people can't tell who you are when you sing because that makes it fun right? I still don't know why Jimin was invited to this show tbh (he's a dancer). In this episode, two masked singers sang and were told to do a little dance to help people figure out their identities.

MY OPINION
    First: The first comment that made me a little nervous for him was when he said that he thinks the contestant is younger than him and is a junior lol. Jimin is 21 the chances that the contestant would be younger were slim to none...but that wasn't what triggered people. Honestly, I found this comment rather cute and a little awkward because jimin isn't the variety type.

Second: When they were trying to figure out who the masked singer was and a member of the panel said it was SHINee's Taemin I literally saw Jimin's defenses build up. The way he swiftly responded to the comment kind of shocked me because he had been quiet for most of the show. Okay this was what triggered people ' I think Taemin sunbae-nim dances way better than him' To be honest, I thought the comment was a little too straightforward and could have been worded differently like 'Taemin-sunbaenim has a different dance style' it would have made people less triggered. When he realized it was his senior, Thunder from MBLAQ he immediately bowed and apologized. I agree that he still needs a little bit of training for variety shows but we've seen people say worse things so..........
    Why are people still triggered?
    Do you think his comment was rude?

#1 Multifandom_hoe, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    LovelySerenity likes this.
  2. chocolateshinee

As an idol you have to be careful about what you say, but doesn't everyone make comments like this on this type of show? He let his Taemin fanboy self show a little (I can relate lol) but he apologized for it so I doubt it is going to be that big of a deal. And if it is, it'll be a big deal for like a few days and then die down most likely.

3. WickedOppa

WickedOppa Star

uhm, I think he was being honest... anyone who bashes him can fight me LMAO

Also, I don't think that guy was too offended... there aren't many (if any) idols who are better than Taemin in terms of dancing..

kayenguyen, husena, vvnatsoo and 43 others like this.
  4. ACER12

ACER12 Entertainer

5. Multifandom_hoe

Exactly, the guy wasn't offended it was fans who think that ARMYs are defending jimin for being rude tf?

kayenguyen, husena, symlgs and 8 others like this.
  6. OhMyGuy

OhMyGuy Artist

Controversy? Please, he is a male idol the only way he can get an actual scandal is from bullying or DUI's. (I would say drugs but c'mon enough people have gotten away with that.)

vvnatsoo, xXxNoOnexXx, Caio and 2 others like this.
  7. Erza_Scarlet31

I don`t see the problem he just spoke the truth

kayenguyen, husena, vvnatsoo and 11 others like this.
  8. Skinner17

Skinner17 Artist

Lol, that's a bit of bad wording. especially when you are still young, you should be carefull to adress people that you dont know.
    But I understand that slip can happen especially the one who haven't received their reality show training.

Those kids are cute tho (both Jimin & Thunder)...I believe this too will pass.

9. sachimi

sachimi Artist

That's not what he actually said. He actually said, "It seems to me that* Taemin seonbaenim dances much better", AND he said it with the most polite form. *More like, "in my opinion" or "I think that", but the word he used is what they say when it's an uncertain opinion that could change at any time, not fact. In English, we might say something like, "I'm not sure but...", "It's too early to judge but...", etc.

Stop trying to start shit from bad translations. This is just as fucking annoying as the bullshit with GOT7's JB and the shitstorm that started from that poor ( 100% incorrect ) translation.

kayenguyen, vvnatsoo, symlgs and 17 others like this.
  10. girl_group_lover

Well tbh I loved Thunder back when MBLAQ was still MBLAQ but he isn't a great vocalist, neither is he a good dancer...he was always that in between member. Did a little of this, did a little of that but never specialized in any of the fields. So although I see why Jimin would make those remarks, as I'd probably would too but I do agree with OP that he should have worded his statements WAY differently. It does come off a little bit rude.

xXxNoOnexXx likes this.
  11. Multifandom_hoe

Okay I will edit and add the 'i think' but it still doesn't change the way people feel about the issue.
    Check out the comments on soompi and see how disappointed people are even some ARMYs at a mere misunderstanding. I'm not trying to start shit, I just want people's opinions about the issue. Bye.

#11 Multifandom_hoe, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. Unspeakable

Unspeakable Artist

I really hope for his sake that this doesn't get blowed out of proportion.

13. sachimi

sachimi Artist

Of course I watched it. I translated it myself to be absolutely sure, but those subtitles do not give you the right impression of what he said. Also, I was responding to what YOU posted in bold as the supposed translation of what Jimin said, which is wrong too. Korean has a lot more subtleties than that, and even what I said is slightly stronger than what it really means ( fuck English ). He was giving an uncertain opinion that wasn't strong in any way, and he said it politely.

You're the one who made the thread here insinuating that Jimin said something wrong. He didn't.

zbayda, kareshirt, homakp and 3 others like this.
  14. Multifandom_hoe

Lol I reworded my reply. Go back and read it.if Koreans understood the i think part why are they triggered? I made this thread to defend Jimin not blow things out of proportion. I'm a Jimin Stan lmao. Why are we having this conversation when you don't get it?

15. Nanami_Jardin

Nanami_Jardin Rookie

I swear, it isn't the big of a deal. People seem to forget that within the korean language, there are formal and informal ways of saying things so he may say it in a formal and respectful way but when translated to english, you just get it plain and simple, making it seem rude. Not even Thunder was upset and he apologized to his Sunbae which was accepted. Time to move on and keep supporting your oppas guys.

vvnatsoo, andisa, kareshirt and 3 others like this.
  16. Dabalaba

Dabalaba Rookie

I don't see the problem but since people love to witch hunt BTS for anything and everything I wouldn't be surprised if haters and antis jump on this bandwagon and try and make it a problem. In any case it was not rude at all and Chimchim is innocent.

17. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Artist

...it's still a variety show, the panel is meant to be funny from time to time (there's actual comedians in there, wtf). I see nothing wrong with what he said, it made for a cute and embarassing moment, but he handled it quite nicely.

BTSVelvet, kareshirt and Kaesung like this.
  18. JamlessCookies

I thought it was cute but seeing how knetz are so easily offended = = makes me a little worried...But if they hurt my Jimin, they will not be at peace D:<
    [​IMG]

vvnatsoo, Taekira and Kaesung like this.
  19. baby_passion

baby_passion Rookie

It's called honesty.
    Something 80 % of the K-celebs could need a cup of.

I already forgot him appearing on that show.
    (Meanwhile) some of you really got offended by ... that?
    Like, really now?
    :sweatr:

vvnatsoo, xXxNoOnexXx and gelaaa like this.
  20. JackieBunny

JackieBunny Artist

He is honest, but he honestly came out like a defensive fan girl for Taemin, he should honestly watch his words. It would have been better if he said 'No, it can't be Taemin-ssi because Taemins movements are sharper and very distinct.'