Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BTS is the only Kpop act that can actually make it in the US

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by tzuyonce, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tzuyonce

tzuyonce Artist

tzukook shipper
    1. The music they release are compatible with the music tastes of many in the US
    2. They have members who can produce and write their own lyrics - therefore they won’t receive backlash for not writing their own material as rappers (rap line will be roasted the most if they can’t write/produce)
    3. They have amassed a solid fanbase in the US thus far, seeing that their fans are what Ellen Degeneres have claimed, “It’s like The Beatles are here!”
    4. They are already dubbed a global star, the only thing left is for them to release a genuinely good song (nothing try-hard, just plain ol’ quality song)
    Also the members other than Namjoon just need to be able to speak English in order for them to release an English track. Other than that, they are the only ones with actual potential to make it in the US (sorry CL).

Thoughts?

STANTALENT101 and DangerousLo like this.
  2. blackpinkvilo

blackpinkvilo Artist

I agree with your point but I think BLACKPINK can also make it in the US. Three out of four members speak English and their songs are compatible with the Americans

3. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 Star

BIGBANG says hi.

(But on another note, Taehyung's learning English. He sounded so cute on The Ellen Show.)

4. ankhiedon

ankhiedon Super Rookie

I think we should wait for the world to end and then see because kpop still has such a long way to go.

5. tzuyonce

tzuyonce Artist

tzukook shipper
    They’re females. It’s harder for female acts to succeed. Also they are promoted sporadically, YG needs to up his quantity whilst maintaining quality if he wants BP to make it in the US.

Look at the number of legitimate female acts in America as it is - ultimately it’s the only Cardi B and Nicki Minaj.

BP is the most popular gg internationally, yes, but they are not going to make it in the US just yet. Even then they are still competing with Twice, even RV in a lot of aspects, let alone other US acts. That’s for another long set of efforts. (also there is not much demand for a kpop act to debut in the US. if even bts is gambling their luck by going there, BP will surely not have the chances to make it).

Kqueen2015 and DangerousLo like this.
  6. Karla

Karla Artist

I think NCT 127 can make their mark in America. They already are - they have done various American media interviews just in the last week. The media there obviously sees something in the group that warrants their attention.

NCTismylove, ankhiedon and sonemariam like this.
  7. GoodMusic

GoodMusic Artist

Was this thread made with purpose or just to make it clear you don't like the news of BP possibly entering the US market.............just wondering :whatr:

Your dp is a bit disturbing but do you I guess....

yoonbread likes this.
  8. WhiteWadeWilson

1. Any other kpop group can change their music to suits the US needs
    2. Its not that important as long as a group can be appealing to the GP
    3. This one I agree, ARMYs are the key to their US (they love worlwide exposure)
    4. Again its due to no. 3 as well in USA

So my thought for no. 1 n 2 are different from you cause again, BTS success so far is due to their sensitive lyrics and Socmed mastery since their debuting, hence they have the hard rock foundation for the ARMYs

Their songs are okay to me some a miss some are BOPs though

9. crackquake

crackquake Artist

We should wait for other kpop groups and see.

spiritualitE and sonemariam like this.
  10. tzuyonce

tzuyonce Artist

tzukook shipper
    my own sig has blackpink as one of my faves....? but i’m not delusional, someone said bp can make it in the us, i disagree. not yet at least.

thanks i hope it creeped you out

DangerousLo likes this.
  11. Zehila

Zehila Artist

I agree with you but the reasons are different for me

DangerousLo likes this.
  12. cassexotic

cassexotic Entertainer

Although there are many factors that seem to suggest they can make it in the west.. as an army, it is still too soon to tell.
    One such factor would be that BTS is in great demand world-over and the second is that they have ready buyers that the US media can cash on. Also they do have the upper hand of having a unique selling point.

The only other group that can make it there along with BTS is Big Bang.

Personally, I think Epik High and Hyuk Oh have great potential to make it there, as well.

13. extraneous

extraneous Artist

Swimming in Starbucks coffee; bad roasts & bitter
    epik high n hyukoh ? -- thats a shocker -- care to explain ? -- what signify as 'made it' in the west ?

14. KawaiiSamii

What is with this delusion and K-Pop fans faves "Making it in the US"
    Yikeseroni.

Your faves a niche. Their achievements are fan driven.
    Just like there are some Vocaloid fans in America.
    Or some Baby Metal fans in America.
    Or MLP fans.
    Or some Anime fans in America (There are more Anime fans than BTS fans)
    America is a big place. If you dominate a popular niche you will get decent or great results.
    Thats just how it is. That is just the tea.
    Lets move on folks.

I swear everyone and their mother want their faves to be big in America so bad.
    No one here is taking the Kool-Aid sis. America is not here for another BG.
    Give us maybe five more years and then we will think about it.

For now. Like most big niches.
    Enjoy your shout outs from celebs. Enjoy your awards on some shows. Enjoy your Ellen appearances. Do you folks. But don't get delusional now.
    [​IMG]

#14 KawaiiSamii, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  15. loveis4evergone

Advocating For RM
    you did 2 things
    you just triggered some blinks lol
    and make people disvalidate bts ...like they always do

they mad...they really mad lol
    next time just make a thread saying the word "BTS" and watch it boom

#15 loveis4evergone, Jun 23, 2018
  16. cassexotic

cassexotic Entertainer

Not 'made it', but rather 'can make it'.. I know they aren't kpop acts.. but they still have potential.

Epik High because they have Tablo, their music is great, plus they write and produce their own music, and have great control over the language. They were invited to Coachella and the Grammys. So it's not like nobody knows about them. They are very much on the radar.

Hyuk Oh because I think their music will be very well accepted by the gp there. Oh Hyuk speaks a variety of languages and can appeal to a greater audience, and just like Epik High.. they have great music and it seems like there are a few people who have heard of them. When I was watching some of the album reviews from Fantano.. there happened to be comments requesting to review Hyuk Oh's music

However, I do think they are a niche and will most likely have a certain part of the gp to themselves, if given the chance.. Kinda like how Post Malone, Weeknd, etc fare. A lot of casual listeners.

#16 cassexotic, Jun 23, 2018
  17. Merpedy

Merpedy Artist

BTS can certainly make it but it's a matter of maintaining momentum. The general public probably has very little clue about them and it's a question of how many would say they have heard of them (that's normally how you know you made it as a boy group tbh).

Also if there's any truth to BB getting rid of Social Artist award they would have to be nominated to have any reason to go to America to promote, since talk shows normally pick interviews based on that (it seems, everyone knows that others stand little chance against a big fandom).

I think at this point we have to wait and see how well their new album goes (and if their world tour generates buzz in general) and see if the American public remembers them.

18. Sohee

Sohee Artist

Didn't we learn from Psy that USA market wants the stereo type funny asians?

-- anyhow, there's CL, BTS, Twice & Black Pink who could potentially dominate USA charts

we also musnt forget and thank SNSD & Wonder Girls for opening it.

msmakochan and sonemariam like this.
  19. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Artist

Dancer
    Lol, US market is all about the general public. Not with Kpop where u can survive with a strong fandom.
    To think that BTS their music is appreciated outside the Kpop (ARMY) bubble is delusional to say the least.
    I'm not the biggest BP fan but i do think their music could be appreciated by the general public in the US.
    Fake Love was just so catered to fan girls, and they've been doing that a lot lately, Maybe something like FIRE could get them some more recognition (if they make it a bit less repetitive).
    But if i look at each group and the concept that could really breakthrough........................hmmmmm i would say.

BUY AND STREAM TIFFANY YOUNG'S ALBUM ''OVER MY SKIN'' ON ITUNES AND SPOTIFY, RELEASE DATE 28TH OF JUNE!!!!!

yvesist and sonemariam like this.
  20. deadleaves

deadleaves Artist

Am tired of the us market and kpop threads
    They are just for discrediting the groups work

YOUR SIG!! That holy fancam of momo tho:sweatr:

tzuyonce likes this.