BTS is overhyped???

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Doyoung, Apr 29, 2018.

1. twiceeeeeeeeeeee

twiceeeeeeeeeeee Super Rookie

Currency:
    like every popular group in real life all popular kpop group are like 70 % real popularity 30 % hype lol

2. Aurumsoo

Aurumsoo Newbie

Currency:
    Multi-Fandom
    Overhyped? Yes because every fandom does that but they arent overrated. I stan them but they deserve their success and high opinions lol

3. lethebabycrazy

lethebabycrazy Trainee

Currency:
    Over hyped???
    Hmmm, I mean you could say every group is over hyped by there fans
    I think they have worked very hard for where they are now so I don't think so, the only problem I have is how BTS seems to be the only group recognised by the larger western main stream, where there are other groups which are very talented that should be talked about in the same manner. Correct me if im wrong about the main stream thing I'm new to kpop

4. RomanticNight

RomanticNight Rookie

Currency:
    Your life had been peaceful

Burrito likes this.
  5. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    If you have to ask this question, you aren't really a fan, and you don't know their music or them very well.

The same with this question, there are a few things I can think of that make them stand out.

ArcanaXV likes this.
  6. Fma86

Fma86 Newbie

Currency:
    So true but at the same time , BTS has the IT factor .Just like when you love someone, it is something can never be explained.

7. Fma86

Fma86 Newbie

Currency:
    This can't avoided especially when it comes to mainstream or Western audience, people usually remember the first one appear and the impact they leave. just like how BTS constantly compared with other act before them, other group will also constantly compared with them...they either set them apart by themselves or with the help of their fan be or better than BTS. Another reason is that BTS pull the number, has the impact on US chart while other group barely made it to match their media hype.

8. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    I think I can actually explain it you know? I'm a huge fan and I have questioned why I am so dedicated to them. And after I thought about it I realised I had enough to say to write a whole thesis on this question

9. worldlove27

worldlove27 Super Rookie

Currency:
    THIS

Queeeenie likes this.
  10. ArcanaXV

ArcanaXV Rookie

Currency:
    A.R.M.Y
    I'm still trying to figure out how I became an ARMY considering I hate pop music in general.......................BTS are the only group I could say I stan apart from Eminem. There's just something about them that makes you want more.

11. Hwalion

Hwalion Newbie

Currency:
    moomoo
    I've been a fan since the danger era. lol being such a huge fan of them I went to see them in concert in 2015 despite being teased by my family and friends for liking kpop. Now that they are so popular I rub it into their faces. I do think bts is a tad bit overhyped. They possess a great about of talent, have good personalities, and are determined, but then again so many other boy groups have that. What makes them so different/ got them to where they are? Their fans that were more determines than them that promoted them everywhere. Lol I remember youtube comments of random vids saying 'any armys here??" Armys stay on their grind. I honestly think bts being so called 'overhyped" is a good thing/ a needed thing. They are doing wonders for asian representation and kicking the asses of xenophobics. I love watching old white journalists getting high blood pressure over them and their fans on twitter.

12. Anon813

Anon813 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Engineer
    Army - group of ppl who like bts.
    If we fans don't hype them then who will!?? Because as far as I know this forum will never gonna hype bts or even acknowledge their music . Just because you think some other group is similar to bts or even more talented than bts doesn't mean army has to feel the same. If the other group is talented go and buy their music then . There is a reason why bts has so many loyal fans. Making some a fan is easy but bts makes sure they stay as fan and not let go that easily. If the other talented group is not famous it is simple that they are lacking something - luck, sincerity anything. So maybe instead of crying how army is hyping and buying bts music hype your faves and the other talented groups so they might become famous.

Nobody had an issue when other groups became face of kpop but it is issue only when the group is bts?? They are in their 7th yr as a group and still work the same as rookies like release 2 quality albums, still do the tough and creative dances, still attend every year end shows , pre records their performance for every music show if they are not available, have been maintaining the festa tradition till now even if they have to work double, try to meet all their i fans and k fans , come to vlive everytime they win something instead of after parties. which group with 7 yrs in their back is doing all this?? Company not allowing, touring blah blah are only reasons. Also all the small things they do for army is what sets apart them from other groups for us.

So

PinkBish, Fyla and GrapeGrope like this.
  13. prince0f8

prince0f8 Trainee

Currency:
    BTS took over after One Direction. In this world, there must always be one dominant boy band.

That's why a lot of ARMYS aren't even kpoppers. That whole demographic of crazy middle school fangirls had to go somewhere and BTS gobbled them up after One Direction left a huge void.

The people that overhype BTS are usually in this demographic. They would have overhyped any dominant boy band of the time.

The kpoppers are less crazy and can appreciate multiple groups and can stan BTS without hating Blackpink or EXO. They are usually more "adult-like" and less catty/drama queens.

That's the story in a nutshell.

14. RunOutOfIdeas

RunOutOfIdeas Celebrity

Currency:
    I think the being overrated stuff is like a copying mechanism so I don't care.
    But I am sorry but what you wrote is so not true. Lol At least not completely.

15. prince0f8

prince0f8 Trainee

Currency:
    Perhaps i am generalizing but i have met a lot of ARMYS that don't listen to any kpop. These types are usually obsessed and belong in the teen girl demographic. They usually think BTS is the greatest thing ever and often use blackpink to compare to. I usually stay way from these types because im in my 20s and it feels like i am talking to a directioner or Belieber or something.

I have also met a lot of ARMYS that are kpoppers. The funny thing is these ARMYS are usually more pleasant, less dramatic, belong to an older demographic, and many of them are ARMYBLINKS and Stan other groups as well like monsta x and got7. I don't get a cult like vibe from them over praising BTS.

ARMYS do get a bad rap, but i think the annoying ones are mostly teenage girls who would have been a directioner if One Direction was still around. The pleasant ARMYS are usually kpop fans in general.

#115 prince0f8, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  16. RunOutOfIdeas

RunOutOfIdeas Celebrity

Currency:
    I think you are generalizing, yes. But I may think so because I have different experiences altogether with kpoppers.
    What you said that what those teen girls do, I have seen it done many times by a lot of kpops fan who are Armys and non Armys alike. I am afraif stanning more than one group doesn't save people from overreacting or misbehaving.

Anon813 likes this.