BTS is overhyped???

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Doyoung, Apr 29, 2018.

1. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    It depends on what you consider as over-hyped. There are too much fans? Nah... there is no such thing as too much fans or too much popularity. Some fans overhype? Yes, just as any fan of any group. Some people simply don't know how to deal with liking a group, but that goes for not only ARMY.

2. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    Not all the time. Big 3 sometimes admits people based on looks or some other weird things which are not talent. So not all case are worth to be on the top.

RainingStarlight likes this.
  3. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    That is minimal cases not all . not only big3 even small companies may hire because of looks ? That is minimal case .
    Being pretty is important but they do also see your singing and dancing ability .

SlaveofBlackpink and kangaruu like this.
  4. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    Oh gurl or boiiii... You completely do not understand what it means to be a fan. To be an ARMY you don't have to like only one Kpop group. I am for ex. an ARMY, STAR1 and I am StrayKids fan (they have no fandom name yet), so...and I can call myself true ARMY, more true than some obsessed and immature ARMYs.

kangaruu and RainingStarlight like this.
  5. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    Sorry what? I only hear my army friend screaming "You idiot army!" while reading your replies.

6. Fatosh

Fatosh Super Rookie

Currency:
    Why does kpop attract so many idiots?

poteto, kangaruu, egw and 9 others like this.
  7. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    wow someone who actually understands how hard it is to get into the big3.

Ggg207 likes this.
  8. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    to be truthful i think it's bc the majority is probably young teenage girls who are hormonal. im pretty sure most are fine, but you got that 10% of the batch who will believe everything they see on line and are brainwashed by media.

kangaruu and LostinDream like this.
  9. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    I think that some fans usually don't really know the meaning of loyalty. Your faves do not benefit from your loyalty. They benefit from those who listen to them and buy their products. Fans trying to prove something and thinking that they are defending their idols, but in reality just picking up a fight is the biggest trouble for the artists.
    Contribute in other ways to BTS popularity (to @truearmy333 ), buy their albums, stream music, ect. Trying to prove something that is not provable is just a waste of time.

#49 LostinDream, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    Exactly. @truearmy333 You do realize that BTS will not be able to differentiate between your opinion of a Army and Kpopper who supports multiple groups? In the end BTS is taking both sides money for performing, creating music, and goofing around.

bts don't care, and you don't either. you care about supporting bts...so why does creating a divide mean so much to you?

Zaera likes this.
  11. jimeous

jimeous Leader

Currency:
    I'm not a BTS fan, but even I can understand that overhype is when a Singer doesn't deliver and BTS delivers every comeback, maybe not to me, since I'm not a fan, but definitely to fans that wait for their cbs

12. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    @truearmy333, and another thing: if ARMY is only the fan who supports only BTS, then BTS has the smallest fandom ever. So, according to your arguments, BTS is very unpopular since ARMY is so small. o_O Do you get me? ;)

egw likes this.
  13. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    1) I'm not kpoper. I am an Army 4 years ago, no one can labarme the brain, I am 25 years old (I have a trained approach), in which I learned a lot from Korean culture.
    2) I did not understand
    3) The real army lives on Twitter, go to the BTS page and check the profiles of their followers, it is true that the kpopers also follow them, but they are the minority. Have you ever wondered why BTS is the only group that achieves greatness in foreign countries and in Korea, while other groups can not dream of that. Did you say that all foreign BTS fans are kpopers, then, because all the other groups are not as successful abroad as BTS? It is true that there are kpopers who like BTS music, but all that BTS has achieved is thanks to the army.

4) This is how it works with kpopers, but not with those who are fans of a single group.
    -I met 2014 on YouTube, I knew the existence of kpop, but I never liked any song until I met BTS. I have listened to a lot of Korean music during these 4 years, but I do not like the majority and I do not feel a connection with those groups. If I liked another group as much as BTS, I would stop being an army, and it would be a kpoper, but that did not stop
    - I barely have time to help BTS and know everything about them, I would not have time for other groups.
    - Ha ha ha I would never get bored with BTS, not only I like their music, but also everything they like.

#53 truearmy333, Apr 29, 2018
  14. rairte

rairte Rookie

Currency:
    Gardener
    @jk_jinseul I can deal with ARMYs overhyping BTS. Personally, I understand where it’s coming from. They had to find their way up because they come from a non-Big 3 company. Now that they're one of the top-tier groups in Korea, all the hype doesn’t seem necessary anymore. BUT they are facing another challenge as they enter the global music industry. There are more popular international artists dominating the field and I believe BTS are going to need all the hype they can get to swim with all these big names.

AmmaAffa and LostinDream like this.
  15. JeanaKJY

JeanaKJY Public Figure

Currency:
    lmao no @TaeyangSaved is a VIP. And the best troll ever on akp. And I'm actually very impressed that they said something so sensible and supportive of BTS. lol

Lmao holy shit mate you sound like a possessed cult follower. Damn, how scary x"D

[​IMG]

BIGBANG says hi :teeheek:

Anyway ontop: BTS is definitely over-hyped but people take that to discredit their talent. That shouldn't happen because over-rated and over-hyped are different things, I believe they're a talented group that worked hard and deserve the success. Do I think their talent is unique and something not other groups have? Personally, no. But do I think they deserve this much recognition? Yes. It's great that they're getting K-pop even more out there and inspiring more idols to spread out of Korea. I wish them the very best.

#55 JeanaKJY, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
    kangaruu, Zaera, kKaliko and 2 others like this.
  16. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    No sweetie, that is not how it works. You are an ARMY if you like BTS. Simple as that. You are Kpoper if you like Kpop. If you are ARMY you are Kpoper since BTS is Kpop.

Zaera likes this.
  17. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    You're not a kpop fan but you're on a website called allkpop lol.
    1) I don't care if you only listen to bts, my problem is why you think Army is different than kpop fan who follows multiple groups.
    2) I'm saying you bias. prejudice because you only listen to BTS.
    3) real Armys are on Twitter? how do you know.... that Armys only listen and follow bts. They might have BTS are their ultimate bias? but the majority of international fans indeed listen to more than bts. just admit it
    4) That's your made up fantasy. ur not more precious than any other fan who supports bts.

You do realize that BTS will not be able to differentiate between your opinion of a Army and Kpopper who supports multiple groups? In the end BTS is taking both sides money for performing, creating music, and goofing around.

bts don't care, and you don't either. you care about supporting bts...so why does creating a divide mean so much to you?

kangaruu likes this.
  18. LostinDream

LostinDream Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hyolyn's manager
    I even tried to find definition of what is Kpoper:

Kpoper means 'fan of kpop'. The word is slang. It is easier to introduce someone or yourself with it. Example: Person One: Hello, My name is Kate. What is you're name? Person Two: My name is Chelsea. I'm a kpoper I am E.L.F. Person One: OMG! You are a kpoper!! I am too but I am a SONE.

As you see, people belong to one fandom, but they are Kpopers. In other words, there is no division between people who like one or more Kpop groups.

19. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    I'm sorry you're not Army, you're kpoper.
    Go to twitter and you will see that we are in a competition with other fandom in a prize, all the other fandoms very popular among the kpopers, has a small percentage of votes, while bts is sweeping in the voting. On twitter we laugh at the kpopers and we make a trend in many parts of the world. The kpopers forum is not the world, knows other realities.
    There are always fandom fights, and fake rumors and competitions for a prize. So idols if they benefit from loyalty.
    Obviously, kpopers who like BTS music and buy help, but they are not armys, they are kpopers. In Korea everyone knows, also the idols. That's why at the last BTS concert Suga thanked the Armys and the Kpoper separately. In Japan, in their concerts they give tickets to the Army, rather than to the kpopers.
    Go to Korea and ask it even idol.
    The multifandom are badly seen in Korea
    hahaha XD I have spoken with original Koreans and the multifandom are frowned upon in Korea. You can not be kpoper if you only help a group, if you are multifandom you are kpoper. The people who only help a single group, receive the name of the fandom that the group gave them. If you do not believe me, go to Korea and ask the fans, ask the idols.

#58 truearmy333, Apr 29, 2018
  20. JeanaKJY

JeanaKJY Public Figure

Currency:
    You're saying you've been to Korea? :teeheek:

Also, not true. A lot of authentic Korean react channels have Koreans who love a lot and listen to a lot of K-pop groups and their comment section is filled with positive Korean comments from Koreans so :")

21. Princess

Princess Public Figure

Currency:
    Are you a troll sis? You are being quite toxic. BTS love ALL of their ARMY. BTS themselves stan several groups, so why would they be against their fans doing the same?