BTS is overhyped???

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Doyoung, Apr 29, 2018.

1. syugga

syugga Super Rookie

Currency:
    family disappointment
    Overhyped bcos their fandom basically rules social media. Not overrated bcos they deserve what they have going rn, tho, let's be honest, so does other countless groups. Everyone deserves the success they work hard for.

kangaruu, Coco, JeanaKJY and 2 others like this.
  2. Guinhggf

Guinhggf Public Figure

Currency:
    That what I think right now, nothing last forever. That's why I don't care what people will say about BTS cause I'm here to enjoy their music. I really love their music since 2014. I will enjoy while they can still be active and make music while they're young and before enlisting.

3. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    So... you don't follow any other kpop group, artist, or singer? Only BTS? You only listen to BTS music and only buy their music and not others outside or inside Korea? Your music playlist has only bts songs? You only download BTS music because if you download IU Rain or Big Bang that's competition that you'd be supporting right? I don't understand you.

I understand what you mean in the perspective of "korean fan" because most Korean fans support one group, but like I've told you before, International fans support many groups and are in many fandoms. Why can't you understand the concept of divided loyalty?

Not to mention international fans (which listen to multiple kpop groups) have done so much more for BTS fans than Korean fans....

#23 RainingStarlight, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Ggg207 likes this.
  4. rinah108

rinah108 Trendsetter

Currency:
    a lot of people who are armys don’t actually listen to kpop, that’s the thing
    and no other group (except big bang in korea) managed to obtain such a fandom

so yeah, they overshadow the whole kpop scene but y’all just have to deal with it :O

AmmaAffa and Guinhggf like this.
  5. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    Also at the end of the day don't all fans hype up their fave groups. I have never seen a person say "oh yh I like this group, but don't listen to them ", of course not fans are going to be excited about the groups they enjoy and the more the fans the more the hype. Your not going to get hundreds of thousand of people to just settle down and not talk about what they enjoy so might as well just live with it or ignore it.

Maniifeste and randomstrang3r like this.
  6. bitchyfangirl

bitchyfangirl Super Rookie

Currency:
    They r extremely overhyped. It's why they have so many haters.

SlaveofBlackpink likes this.
  7. Zaera

Zaera Super Rookie

Currency:
    god, what, is this the seventh post I’ve seen linking “bts” an “overhyped”

8. Zaera

Zaera Super Rookie

Currency:
    just say you hate kpop and go, brenda.

literally ignore this person, OP. she’s just another elitist who thinks her opinions on who is or who isn’t an army has to be someone else’s problem

9. crowboy

crowboy Leader

Currency:
    ...you do realise A LOT of groups have started from the bottom? even more so than BTS (not to bash BTS but seriously... what about the acts who originated when kpop wasn't really regarded at all?)

SlaveofBlackpink and kangaruu like this.
  10. crowboy

crowboy Leader

Currency:
    also no to this

i say i'm a fan of CNBLUE, i rarely call myself a Boice (their fandom name). but the two aren't separate. it's the same thing. otherwise i would say "i like CNBLUE's music" rather than that i'm a fan at all

11. Zaera

Zaera Super Rookie

Currency:
    that person isn’t worth your attention

SlaveofBlackpink likes this.
  12. crowboy

crowboy Leader

Currency:
    honestly you're right. even by their username... it's obvious they're a troll lmao

SlaveofBlackpink and Zaera like this.
  13. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    I do not think it was an Army, the one that said that. Surely it was a kpoper, because Army always invites fandom to people who do not follow anyone, we avoid the kpopers because there are already many and they always bring us problems.
    The girl from Go7 sure was a fan of them and only said that, so that her followers would not criticize her.
    The real Armys are on twitter, although you should look at their profile, because some are kpoper and so are those of other fandom that were fake profiles, it is easy to discover them because sometimes they talk bad about bts and army, and in the voting they never vote or give retwett.
    1) There is no such thing as divided loyalty, or you are part of our fandom or you are just a sympathizer.
    2) The majority that helps foreign BTS are Armys (they do not help any other kpop group, do not generalize, in this forum 90% is kpoper), that's why we get along so well with the Korean Armys. While other fandom hates international fans.
    3) While kpopers are divided in helping many groups, BTS has a fandom that only helps them, that is another reason BTS is so big in the extragero and other groups do not.
    4) All my albums are from BTS, I only vote for BTS, I only know the history of bts and I am only interested in their programs and I play youtube for BTS. If I like an X song from another group, there is no problem, because I do not use the Korean sites.
    I do not hate the kpop, I just said what BTS thinks and the korea idols in general. Instead of just listening to Korean music, you should also learn from their culture.
    I was just talking about BTS, I do not have to because it brings other groups to the story, and people hate comparisons.
    Only the groups that belong to the big3 are really successful, but they are like the royalty of Korea, they did not go hungry. It is true that there are many groups that have had a bad time, but they are not as successful as the big3.

#33 truearmy333, Apr 29, 2018
  14. meanietrash

meanietrash Trainee

Currency:
    Was wondering how long it would take for armies to arrive....
    I mean they are hardworking, but there are plenty artists that do the exact same thing but live in the shadows for god knows what reason. It's really about the taste we have. Fans will defend them because that's the kind of music they like, but people who don't like their music will think they are overhyped.
    I personally think they are. But this hype may die out eventually, it usually does.

15. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    Note to self: Always give up when an army says "I don't think it was an army". It's not worth it.

CC: @crowboy @RainingStarlight @Zaera

kangaruu, Zaera and RainingStarlight like this.
  16. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    1. You're view on things are extremely skewed... So you must be a new kpop fan or someone whose brainwashed.
    2. Your thoughts are pure I get it, but can be dangerously bias.
    3. You have no proof that the majority of international fans only support BTS. You just think that. I mean have you seen youtube? many armys are on different videos to support other groups....why? because a lot of armys venture out of bts. why is that hard for you to understand.
    4. There is such thing as divided loyalty. That's how the international kpop fandom works.

curious how did you get to know bts? through you-tube? a friend recommendation? did you know groups prior or...were they your first..?
    how do you know you will only be interested in one group your lifetime? makes no sense, sounds more like a cult...

I don't understand how you can only see one group...especially since so many groups make good music. How can you only dedicate your time to one group and not get bored?....

#36 RainingStarlight, Apr 29, 2018
  17. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    So.....going hungry is the only hardship in life? Not to desensitize that struggle, it sucks, but BTS's past struggles doesn't diminish anothers. Everyone struggles and has different stories. You said your-self you know BTS story why not learn about others stories? also G.O.D has a similar story to BTS as well as Big Bang. My parents went through hardship in their life while they were refugees and became so thin due to lack of food. My mom said she was so hungry her hands curled in a fist for days. But what does my parent's struggle compare to someone else's. If anything it's a learning curve of humbleness and gratitude.

A good example is SHINee's Jonghyun, he's from the Big3 he was well fed but his hardship was much harder than BTS. Now what does it matter though? Why compare struggles? or is it because you pitty them? why? does that make one group much more precious than another? makes them more relate-able? because they "struggles more" that makes you want to support them more? Not every group announces what they've been through, B.A.P hid their struggles for 3 years placed smiles on their faces and didn't complain about shit. How do you know if they don't tell you and again why does it matter?

#37 RainingStarlight, Apr 29, 2018
  18. istari

istari Super Rookie

Currency:
    I thought the same until I one day stepped into the AKP comment section and actually found something useful. This is NOT written by me:

BTS hater: You little fuckwit fans have are really beyond jaded. It's not their music that's popular. It's their HYPE.

ARMY: And you little fuckwit ignorant asses are too stupid to see that without their music they wouldn't have accumulated enough fans to contribute to building their HYPE. How about you get out of your own ass. There's a big bright world outside.

19. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    Do you know that there are some top universities in your country . It is very difficult to get into them because lot of people try to get into them and being selected to study in those university is even very difficult and has like 1/10000 probability and even if you are selected , you have to work hard even in the university because people are very good there so you have study more to score well and be in competition and then ensure yourself that you get a job .
    Then their are some low tier university where you can get pretty easily coz applicants are low and then it is up to you if you work hard you can get job , if you don't you will not .
    So idols from Big3 deserves to be spotlight because they got into top idol companies of korea. Simple .

20. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    People, when they do not want to accept reality, invent that the person is a troll, to evade reality. It is true that there are trolls, but it is not my case. Everything I've said is what Korea thinks.
    How can you attest that she was Army? Did you have a camera in your house? It is true that there are immature Armys, but you always have to buy that Army really. As in this site @Zaera believes Army and will never be, BTS will never recognize her, she is kpoper, that is her fandom.