BTS is overhyped???

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Doyoung, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Doyoung

Doyoung Super Rookie

Currency:
    Okay so first off, I'm a BTS fan myself. 4 years if you're asking how long. But this is the main point: I myself has been asking this, "is BTS really overhyped?" because I tend to compare them from their past, and I'm proud on their achievements now, so far. But aren't they a little overhyped? Like, they almost shaded other K-Pop groups, and BTS looks like the face of this generation's K-Pop groups. Don't hate/bash me, just explain because I'm confused ;-; I got it they're really popular nowadays, especially here in the US. Also, what does 'K-Pop powerhouse' mean? o_O:confused:

2. T_T_Official

T_T_Official Trainee

Currency:
    Careful. I personally think they are incredibly overrated. But whenever there are any sort of question or dislike threads, army jumps all over you in a fury. (I learned too late.)

3. Doyoung

Doyoung Super Rookie

Currency:
    ikr, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm not saying they're undeserving but its just like they're becoming overrated ;-;

SlaveofBlackpink and SaintYves like this.
  4. T_T_Official

T_T_Official Trainee

Currency:
    Ikr? I mean, it's hard for me to understand what separates them from every other artist out there.

5. btsdaily

btsdaily Newbie

Currency:
    They are, and this is coming from a person whose supported them since they debut, they're amazing artists but they're over-hyped too much

6. Doyoung

Doyoung Super Rookie

Currency:
    if we're gonna talk about dance moves, there's a lot of other idols out there too that can dance, some are even better than them (sorry) but when it comes to looks, I mean cool they have that solid. But is it just really because of the looks?? I got it they're talented, but aren't others too? ;-; I'm not a fake army guys, just stating my opinion~

SlaveofBlackpink and kangaruu like this.
  7. Doyoung

Doyoung Super Rookie

Currency:
    thank goodness, I saw you viewing this thread and thought would give me lectures but you agreed with me~

8. risingtaeyang

risingtaeyang Super Rookie

Currency:
    no.

"hype" is subjective...what may seem exciting to me could not be for you.

You believe they are "over hyped" yet countless don't.

Why waste thoughts on such matters.

9. steph_ch

steph_ch Public Figure

Currency:
    I personally don't care, I just enjoy. People can think they're overated, overhyped or whatever I'm still going to love them.

10. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    Overhyped by some of their fans, yes. In general they are a very talented group, which some of their fans are too insecure to realize. For real if you truly believe that your faves are talented, you just gush and freak out on their talent, not shoving your faves to others and force others to like them.

I have experience being attacked by some idiot army for liking other groups more and I have friends who are normal army who don't care who I support. They are two very different groups but just so you know, if a normal army ever tries to defend those idiot army just because they are "my fandom", just know, you aren't helping your faves at all by doing that.

SUNSHINE and JeanaKJY like this.
  11. T_T_Official

T_T_Official Trainee

Currency:
    THERE they are. :D A lil, late but still

13062013, kangaruu and angeler88 like this.
  12. Princess

Princess Public Figure

Currency:
    No. BTS is not overhyped. They're what's in right now. They have all the perfect elements that the general public enjoys. Vocals, Rap, Dance, Visuals, Personality. They're a perfect group for what the people want right now. Yes, they make mistakes, yes there may be others who are more talented, look better, have better personalities, etc. but as a GROUP BTS is what people want right now. It is BTS time to shine. It will not last forever, so do not worry about it too much. The entertainment industry has a cycle. The new big thing will pop off at the right time, but now, it's BTS' time to dominate. Please continue to love and support them and watch as their legacy unfolds. They will go down in history as one of the greatest groups of all time, but one day, they will be replaced by the general public, but they will forever be in the hearts of us ARMY. Thank you.

13. xenoblood

xenoblood Super Rookie

Currency:
    full-time chad
    BTS are one of the most popular groups out there.
    the more popular something gets the more overrated and over-hyped it's gonna become, unfortunately.
    I think BTS is greato personally, but i do think that they are getting a little over-hyped recently.

14. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    You kpopers should know that they started from the bottom of the kpop, nobody wanted them. So they are not overrated, they achieved success with a lot of effort and sacrifice. They were undervalued for many years. The word overrated is stupid in both the kpop and the anime. We all have different tastes, but that does not give us the right to decide how many people may like a group.
    -Your visual is good
    -His music is good
    -Your dance is good
    -His videos told his life is good, and his story of sacrifice and perseverance is so good.

15. mirella

mirella Married to @Silverfang719

Currency:
    rap enthusiast
    I think BTS is overhyped by some ARMYs. But nearly every group is to some extent.

However, overrated? No, I think they deserve all their success.

16. LacriMosa95

LacriMosa95 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Overhype or not, sadly this things wont last forever, we as fans (cause you said you're an army) no need to think about it too much, just enjoy it for now because it's their time to shine so when their hype is slowing down you don't have anything to regret just because you questioning something that is a common cycle of kpop..

17. truearmy333

truearmy333 Newbie

Currency:
    There are not two fandoms called Armys, there is only one, which is only loyal to BTS. The people who help several groups are kpoper, not army or other fandom. I do not say it, say the idols and fandom of Korea. If any Army tells you to just follow bts, just tell them you're kpoper no Army. She will understand, if it is not very new.
    She did not say it was Army, she said was a fan. She is not Army, she is kpoper.

By the way, it is not the Army that will abandon it, they are the great majority of kpopers. Because they have other groups to entertain themselves with and many kpopers started listening to the BTS music, when they started to become famous. The fujoshi army, the Armys that entered 2017 and the ex-fans of One Direction, will abandon bts in the future. But I Army from 2014 I will help them until the end, it will be my last group in life.

#17 truearmy333, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  18. kKaliko

kKaliko Idol

Currency:
    RM MONO PR TEAM
    jus enjoy their shit.

19. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Super Rookie

Currency:
    No , they are not overrated . They totally deserve that success . BUT yes ARMY tend to hype them a lot like Jesus has taken another birth . So what ? doesn't every other group fan do it ? Just Army are very active in social media so people think only they do it but reality is fans from each group do that .
    But Since they are representing kpop now , all next hip hop group will suffer . They will be targeted as BTS copy . Just like how Stray kids were targeted , people even made their assumptions that JYP is trying to copy BTS success formula and all that bullshit .
    Kpop fans still doesnt think BTS should represent kpop is it the case or what ?

20. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Public Figure

Currency:
    Sigh you mistook my words. I know they are all in the same Amy fandom, but in my eyes there are two types/group of people in that fandom. One type are fans who really is just a normal fan,who might occasionally say "Hey you should check out BTS, they're cool" and done. The other type is the one that basically harass others. Now I don't mind if an army just come to me and say I should check out BTS because why not, but I don't appreciate those army that not only overhype BTS but also attacks other groups and their fans. I even know one army that decided to go to Got7's concert in LA because then she can compare it to BTS and take note on how badly Got7 did.

I don't know how many army you have met but I have met plenty of idiot army to say that I feel sorry for the normal army that really just enjoy BTS.

ruj_loves_nct likes this.