Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BTS+ DOUBLE ALBUM+ TOUR BUNDLE for 40k stadium tickets+ 'REDEEM'= 80k albums sold= 2nd no1 BB200

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by AmmaAffa, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

So, Citifield tickets for BTS first ever American stadium concert is going to open this Friday, August 17.

Interestingly, BigHit has organized 'ticket bundles' for that stop. For the sale of the album to be counted for official charts, buyer has to just 'redeem' the album by following the instructions emailed to them.

Kindly do so!

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES!!

PS: Young Forever was just short by 12 mins, hope Answer would be longer than 100 mins to be considered 'double album'.

#1 AmmaAffa, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. AyanEva

AyanEva Rookie

Second Edit: Wait y'all, I'm wrong. Soundscan only counts one sale but RIAA does double count. I did not know that!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1047361/ask-billboard
    --------

A double album just means there are two CDs/vinyls/cassettes but it counts as one album purchase. The difference is in the purchase price.

For example, my Random Access Memories vinyl has two records. It does not count as two sales because it's all one album but just split up because of running time. The catalogue number is the same on both records meaning there's only ONE catalogue number despite there being two vinyls.

Many of my old cassette tapes and CDs are also in twos or threes. They only counted as a single album purchase.

Unless the RIAA changed the definition within the last 10 years...

#2 AyanEva, Aug 10, 2018
    BridgesIBurned likes this.
  3. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

We are talking about streaming time not number of CDs. Refer to this:

4. AyanEva

AyanEva Rookie

It's still number of CDs too because of how much music you can fit on one CD. A double CD will still be double counted by the RIAA. Either way, I was wrong and admitted as such.

BridgesIBurned and AmmaAffa like this.
  5. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

No worries, that's the first time I heard of a 'double album'. :)

BridgesIBurned likes this.
  6. annoyed

annoyed Artist

A second #1 is not gonna happen bc the bundles won't count until October 6th and band like Twenty One Pilots is releasing an album on the same week and they have crazy streams and over 100k sales.

And where is the info about a double album coming from? is a double album like Young Forever or a repackage like YNWA?

7. AyanEva

AyanEva Rookie

The albums should count for the first week if we redeem the code immediately. This is what it says on the Mets website.

"Every ticket purchased online includes a CD copy of BTS' 'LOVE YOURSELF: Answer'. An email redemption with instructions will be sent (must be redeemed by October 20, 2018). Release date is August 24 and please allow 7-10 days for delivery. Valid for U.S./Canada residents only & Not valid for resale tickets."

The 7-10 days it's just for delivery. That's how i read it. The purchase should be counted on the release date assuming you've redeemed your code in time. I'm gonna try emailing them to ask.

8. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

They will count as soon as they are redeemed and shipped not arrived, so it will be 1st week. Also, ARMY is going to buy albums outside if the ticket bundle.

The album is going to be like YF, it's a culmination of an era not just a repackage. And ARMY is just speculating that its highly possible that it would be a double album.

21 pilot is releasing in August?? Same week as BTS?

9. annoyed

annoyed Artist

Wait i thought you could only redeem it until October 20th. Cause the same thing happened with Pink's album. It's been out since last year but it returned on the #1 spot during her concert week this year so i guess that's where the bundles were counted

10. annoyed

annoyed Artist

No they're releasing in October 5th, that's why i said it would be impossible to regain a #1 spot bc it's the same week as the concert and i thought the bundles would only count for that week

11. AyanEva

AyanEva Rookie

I tried to call CitiField but of course offices are closed. I did send them a tweet and will email and try to call again tomorrow. The question is when will they email that redemption code, i guess.

Edit: This is what I emailed. Added some additional questions that are relevant to us.

Hello!

Regarding the upcoming BTS concert, will redemption codes for the album be emailed immediately upon purchase of the ticket? Is so, can it be redeemed straight away? Also, is it one redemption code per ticket or per transaction? So if I buy two tickets do I receive two codes or one code?

#11 AyanEva, Aug 10, 2018
    AmmaAffa likes this.
  12. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

Oohh, but let me research a bit.

13. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

Kindly inform when you get information.

AyanEva likes this.
  14. Jimon23

Jimon23 Rookie

The album will count for first week once the code is redeemed properly, the redeeming period is just last until the 20th. This is how 5SOS got their #1 over the Carters even though their concert were still weeks away.

Vivi1388, AmmaAffa and Chloe0611 like this.
  15. Chloe0611

Chloe0611 Star

Pouring money into BTS so they can be millionaires
    I was gonna post this but i found it lol.

Hope ARMYs who have not gotten a ticket from other shows will get a ticket this time! Redeem for an album for them to be counted on BB200 too! Yay more sales yay more money for Bangtan yay kings get richer by seconds!

AmmaAffa likes this.
  16. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

If that's the case, then hello BB200 number 1.
    :angryr::angryr:

17. AmmaAffa

AmmaAffa Artist

Exactly, I just hope ARMY beat scalpers. It's going to be a blood bath. Maybe not the whole 40K would be redeemed, but even 50% would be a huge help.
    :cryingk::nervousk:

Chloe0611 likes this.
  18. Chloe0611

Chloe0611 Star

Pouring money into BTS so they can be millionaires
    I feel so bad for those who had to pay higher prices for the tickets. I myself had to buy $400 for a P2 ticket in 9/9 LA (from a reseller :()when the original price for P2 is only $220. :cryingk: I srsly hope everyone can get their hands on the tickets so they would help Answer charts on BB200 again :cryingk:

19. AyanEva

AyanEva Rookie

Update from Mets ticketing.

-----------------------------

Hi XXX,

The timetable for the redemption codes is not known yet. However, you will not receive them right away.

The redemption is one per ticket sold, so you would get two codes with two tickets purchased.

More info about the concert is listed below. Have a good day!

Please go to the link below, for all information related to the BTS Concert.

Ticket sales will be online only (no Phone or In-person Sales at Citi Field).

There is not an opportunity to Pre-Register for tickets before going through the purchase process (nor do you have to).

The link to purchase the tickets will appear on this website below, at 4:00 pm on the On-Sale date of Friday, August 17th. Refresh your screen at 4:00 pm, so that you can see the link to purchase tickets.

www.mets.com/bts

Hope this helps!

Have a good day!

Mirajess likes this.