Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

BTS 'DNA' IS THEIR WEAKEST MV

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Atilla, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:16 AM.

1. Atilla

Atilla Rookie

Well, I kinda agree ._.

2. kddicted

kddicted Legend

3. becci

becci Star

It is tbh, it's not bad, just I think we're kinda used to their stuff always being super deep

4. Comfrey

Comfrey Artist

I'm not sure about their weakest MV? Why cause their isn't a storyline? While I do prefer other of their MVs but for this type of song, the MV suited it
    Plus I love the bright colours and how it's very different from BTS' previous MVs, they usually go for a muted palette and more story driven MVs.
    However Spring Day is the best MV so far this year anyway IMO...:siptear:

SweetMoon, Envyy, LveKimTae and 6 others like this.
  5. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

While I like the song, I’d have to agree for it being their weakest MV from their most recent comebacks.

Was hoping for something like Spring Day honestly.

SweetMoon, Envyy, Spinereader and 3 others like this.
  6. nochuyu

nochuyu Rookie

uhhhh yes while bts is known for their mv's telling a story and what not, not every mv has to be super philisophical and deep. they're trying something new and i applaud them for that bc who wants to see the same old, angsty mv all the time?

7. freysan

freysan Artist

DNA is not bad. Ok, it's not their best because of course BS&T and Spring Day exists but people should really stop dragging a "generic" song / MV as if it is that horrible. Last time I checked, generic and horrible is still different in the dictionary and DNA is NOT horrible. (¬_¬)

Also, BTS cannot forever make deep concepts and songs. If they want to make a lighthearted one, let them be. I just want them to make a songs that they want - be it the shallow, generic, typical k-pop as long as it's good to listen to. But at this point, I guess they should forever make meaningful, super deep concepts. Good luck, boys. :sweatr:

SweetMoon, Blabluegree and Miawruu like this.
  8. Comfrey

Comfrey Artist

Yas kings of versatility...:yesr:

Blabluegree and freakyfantasy like this.
  9. Sephir8

Sephir8 Star

First you want bts MVs to not be deep

When it’s not deep you say it’s weak.

Pick one

10. shakennotstirred

TBH, I don't think DNA is weak. They just went with a different direction. I think people are misunderstanding them. I've heard a lot of people say they lost their hunger or their drive in this album coz it felt like they've made it. But I think it's more they wanted to feature a more laid back song this time around. They've already done the angst-y moments and even their low key thirsty phase, and people didn't complain then. But I guess the more popular you get, the more critical people are of your work. And it doesn't help that some antis dressing up as ARMY are fully taking advantage of the situation. Honestly, I'm glad they went with the song DNA instead of going with the flow in K-Pop and go Island on this comeback... now that is even more generic. If you want the old BTS sound, go listen to Serendipity and Go Go. I was one of the people who hated DNA when it first came out. But after giving it more plays, the sound is pretty unique... and it actually grabs you. I sometimes find myself whistling to it without even realizing it.

11. Miawruu

Miawruu Entertainer

In my opinion DNA is not the weakest, but just different with their previous MV. It's not because of the story telling style, they have so many not story telling MV when they still rookie (2013-2014, like no more dream, N.O, war of hormone, danger etc). They just began story telling MV in 2015. But BTS MV always have a similiarity, it's the their MV vibes feels dark, gloomy, n artistic.

For DNA, this is their very first bright, colourful n cheerful MV. That why people who used with their previous vibes, feel awkward with this colourful vibes.

12. ohohcollinBB

ohohcollinBB Rookie

I mean its true. No point in denying it.

Spinereader likes this.
  13. cheorrie

cheorrie Trainee

tbh the first time i heard 'dna' i was like -_-
    i didn't really like the song the first time i heard it unlike spring day and etc. i had to listen to a few more times to actually like it. i personally think that the pre-chrous and the build up was okay, but the chorus was just -_- to me.

imo, their best comeback was spring day. the mv aesthetics and their vocals...

i was actually hoping something like that when i saw the "love yourself" teaser. but 'dna' is still good. not that good but still good imo.

Spinereader likes this.
  14. chirel

chirel Artist

I don't think it's weak. Not every video requires a story.

15. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

I really love the song and MV. Neither of them are my favorites, but they're definitely not my least favorite either...
    Even objectively speaking, I would say this is well above some of their other MVs and title songs from 2013 and 2014.

16. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

Honestly, I'm impressed at the dedication and time spent on something you hate. The thing is bts had already done all these other videos so they didn't need to do them again. Instead, they did something different. Also I'm somewhat offended by the notion that the rap line wasn't enjoying this since, newsflash, rm and suga helped write the song and both of them were really excited about this album.

17. centen

centen Artist

I don't mind that it's not a deep MV, though it is funny how many explanations I've seen trying to make it seem deep. It's a bunch of dudes dancing around to CGI shit. NCT Dream's We Young has more of a story going on to it, and people still bitched incessantly about the CGI use there.

Ah, gotta love inconsistency.

Spinereader likes this.
  18. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Artist

I mean...to each his own I guess?
    I loved the deep videos, but I enjoy a lighthearted, fun one just as much. It's bright, it's colorful, the dance is killer, the visuals are ON POINT, the song is good.
    It's all in the taste :)

19. rinah108

rinah108 Artist

imo it is but it perfectly fits the song

20. dirtywaterisspit

dirtywaterisspit Super Rookie

Imo it's just not about the lack of story line. For me, it's just that this MV looks kinda tacky and cheap compared to their other MVs (the most recent ones, not those from 2013-2014). Most of the time, they're just standing in front of a brightly colored background, while in BST you have that awesome museumish background, the smokey room, the pinkish forest and so on

And when they came first back with Serendipity, which is absolutely mindblowing and they have DNA afterwards, it is a bit disappointing