Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

[BTS Countdown] BTS closes promo cycle and tells their story through 8 amazing stages

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by PopCandy, Oct 12, 2017.

?

What was your favourite stage from today's show?

1. Go Go

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Tomorrow

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Like

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Cypher 4

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. Lost

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Dope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. MIC Drop

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  8. DNA

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

So BTS ended promotions for DNA today and I have to say, we as armys are a spoiled fandom, because they gave us so much during this comeback! They had two specials on mnet, aired live all over the world, one to start the promos and one to end it. And unlike most promo cycles when we only get stages for the songs of the album being promoted, bts really took us on a journey through their entire discography in these two specials. I'm gonna put the stages for the first special in the next post because we only get 10 media things per post and they are older but they are also worth the watch!

But now to today's main event! They started the night with Go Go, already a super cute and iconic meme stage that actually talks about a pretty relevant issue in today's society:

Then followed with Tomorrow, a beautiful song that Suga started writing still in his pre-debut days. This song features some amazing lyrics about being fearful of the future and following your dreams. It also features some rude choreography. Seriously, this was my favourite stage, I almost died.

Next was Like/I Like It, a song from their very first album, where they get to display their smooth side. A stage to swoon over, I almost died at the part when Suga is rapping on the standing mic.

Of course I love smooth bts but there's nothing quite like seeing the bts rap line GOING OFF on stage. This was the first tv stage we had for Cypher pt.4 and it was so needed. Honestly, at this point it just felt like a super hype concert. This was also the only stage shot in a single take. Cause they murdered it the first time.

But vocal line wasn't about to be left behind and also had a never-seen-before stage, with Lost. This is one of my favourite songs from Wings and highly underrated imo. I suggest everyone to go check the lyrics because they are amazing. And this stage was just so ethereal and beautiful!

And of course, we couldn't forget the crowd favourite, Dope! This song did a lot to bts' career and I had a lot of emotions watching it. It also made me realize that Jungkook's voice has dropped a bit from when they first recorded this. Our golden maknae is really so grown up these days.

After a promo cycle marked by records being broken left and right, this song keeps getting more and more relevant and feeling more earned. Plus the literal mic drop at the end was the mic drop to end all mic drops.

And finally, the belle of the ball, the song that did break all these records all over the world, DNA! Honestly, they really outdid themselves with this stage, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm in love with all the galaxy visuals.

And to end this beautiful show, that took 24h FREAKING HOURS to shoot, might I add. Bts doing DNA at 2x speed like they weren't even tired. I really love these boys. Thanks for always feeding us so well!

#1 PopCandy, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    yancu, bts_yehet, Person24 and 18 others like this.
  2. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

The Stages from the comeback show that opened the promo cycle

No More Dream

I Need U

Go Go

MIC Drop

DNA

yancu, evee127, Person24 and 7 others like this.
  3. freysan

freysan Artist

I love you for sharing this because I wasn't able to watch the actual show.. thank you!!! :loverr3::loverr3::loverr3:

4. IgotExosBangtan

Me after watching cypher part 4.

DG4JyrnUMAAfZfF.jpg

evee127, Person24, Fyla and 8 others like this.
  5. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Artist

This poll is evil!
    :cryingr:
    How am I supposed to choose just one?!
    I loved all the stages, and I got super emo over seeing them perform their older songs. This was such a good show!
    :waterr:

evee127, JezebelDaisy, Fyla and 5 others like this.
  6. Christian_Chim

Christian_Chim Super Rookie

I need you stage performing,kind of making me so emo (both because of their success throwback and the song content itself). Then here it comes chyper pt.4 (damn, they share the same energy like as their actual concert) then mic drop has me dead over and over again. OK so I'll vote GO GO then to yolo yolo yo my own confused self :sweatr::sweatr:

7. Comfrey

Comfrey Star

Agreed :teeheek:

I'm still SHOOK over the body rolling and crotch thrusting of Tomorrow...
    [​IMG]

8. RxRedTx

RxRedTx Artist

:loverr3::loverr3::loverr3:
    Luv you for sharing fam! This was a short recap that i needed. The emotional rollercoaster ride of going thru the different stages. :waterr:

9. Blabluegree

Blabluegree Artist

Tomorrow had me in shock. I never though I would be so disrespected in my life. How they gonna sing about the future when they hip thrusting? This ish had me sweating.

10. PopCandy

PopCandy Artist

of course! That's why I made the thread, I know not everyone caught the live streaming

I know, it is evil! I also got sooo emo, honestly they have grown so much as artists and it really shows when they perform their old songs. They just own the stage now, it's their home.

the package before I need U makes me SO EMO too, and that song is just great. Cypher 4 was seriously out of this world, I'm so glad we got this stage.

I was SO SHOOK, in fact, still shaking. And I know, such conflicting emotions while watching this stage for tomorrow, lol

yep, this whole show was a rollercoaster ride for me, I'm so grateful for it :waterr:

11. Sephir8

Sephir8 Star

When v did his part with jungkook in solo at 2x I was screaming so hard my neighbors banged the walls hahah

12. Comfrey

Comfrey Star

Seeing female and male Army in the audience being slayed...:excitedr:
    I forgot how much I love this song as well...:loverr3:

evee127, RxRedTx, PopCandy and 3 others like this.
  13. risingtaeyang

risingtaeyang Entertainer

[​IMG]

Side note though - I haven't finished watching them all, so I really can't choose lol

RxRedTx and PopCandy like this.
  14. Alastrina

Alastrina Artist

This poll............

I picked Cypher 4 because I wish I could have been in that crowd. But each stage was a slay~ Tomorrow and Lost had me shook.

evee127, Person24, RxRedTx and 2 others like this.
  15. Yoonmin_VIP

Yoonmin_VIP Trainee

i totally had to miss it and i was SO upset. Is it up on youtube yet?????

Person24 and RxRedTx like this.
  16. Yoonmin_VIP

Yoonmin_VIP Trainee

SAME (I love your signature gif btw)

RxRedTx and risingtaeyang like this.
  17. yoonbread

yoonbread Artist

promo done right! ugh so jealous.. army are so lucky. i know its harder for the boys because its 24 hours of filming but...they truly care about the fans.

18. rglover641

rglover641 Artist

Im just watching some of the performances now!!! This was soooo gooddd!! They really put a lottttttttttttt of stages and interviews this comeback!! Cypher 4 was litttttttttt!!! Did you guys see the audience?? And Tomorrow, Dope, I Like It,....man BTS. PROPS ALL AROUND TO THEM!!!! They fed ARMY GOOOODDDDD THIS COMEBACK!!!! :cool::cool::omgr::lover1::yesr:

evee127, RxRedTx and Alastrina like this.
  19. cassexotic

cassexotic Rookie

I'm that girl at 2:22 during their performance of 'Tomorrow'

20. girl_group_lover

OMG thank you so much for sharing this! Cuz I literally would have went on with my week without realizing the special was released today. My favorite stages are Go Go (lmao at the meme faces in the intro), Tomorrow (the whole thing is illeeeee~gal) and DNA (the visuals omg).

PS: I couldn't watch cypher 4 cuz it got taken down or blocked for copyright :(

RxRedTx likes this.