BTS and BH are exploiting ARMYs.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by AmorFati, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Flowercrew

Flowercrew Public Figure

Currency:

Hopefully, someone reported those people spreading malicious rumours on curious cat, Twitter and Reddit to Big Hit.

Have their @sses sued then go to jail.

I know which fandom started this. Saw those tweets and comments and they were truly disgusting & mean. .

Imagine going so low to destroy BTS? Even defamation? For what purpose? To satisfy your hatred of BTS? To destroy BTS?

This ain't right. You are sick in the head. Consult a mental health doctor!!

2. sandybee3

sandybee3 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Yeah i replyed to that, i think that claim is far-fetched, i big reach

3. sandybee3

sandybee3 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Lmfao why should i feel bothered by an issue that is obviously a reach ?

4. kpop123

kpop123 Celebrity

Currency:
    Bts have always talked about mental health and trying to love oneself since their conception... I can't believe they used this to twist into their own agenda.. damn they be stretching their hands to reach moon.

5. loomynartychild

Currency:
    Bruh sure theyve talked about it and struggled with mental health issues as well but we cant deny that its also a huge marketing agenda yall rly think BTS care abt it anymore, im positive that at this point its mostly marketing the whole ”woke” thing theyve been pushing since forever, theyre bathing in money and probably dont give a damn

privateinfrench likes this.
  6. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Leader

Currency:
    They're about them speaking their own truth and also trying to be a positive influence to their generation. Neither the LY series or MOTS: Persona contain songs that are 'woke'. The LY series was about the journey of trying to accept yourself as you are and MOTS: Persona was an album centred around the fans.
    They weren't highlighting the injustices in society, that's what 'woke' refers to.
    The only people pushing the 'woke' image on them every two seconds are misinformed fans who haven't actually kept up to date with their album themes.

They were struggling with their mental and emotional health last year, that much is clear, as I'm sure many idols are right now. They are human beings after all. Idol life is still hard with all the pressures, restrictions, crazy schedules, physical health issues etc.
    People don't just stop having feelings and thoughts about the world they want to share just because they've earned some money.

GrapeGrope, Menean, PinkBish and 5 others like this.
  7. Adecasc

Adecasc Newbie

Currency:
    Do I think BTS are exploiting their fans? No.

Do I think BH are are exploiting BTS fans? Depends on how you define 'exploitation'. Can you fault a wolf for hunting a rabbit and eating it when it's just any wolf's natural instinct to do so?

BH is a for profit company so it logically follows that even in the best case scenario it would be doing everything in its power to squeeze out as much money as it can without jeopardizing the reputation of their main source of income (BTS) in the process. As most other companies in its stead would.

Whatever the timeline of concept preparation was, it would be odd for a company to include questions about the mental state of their group's fanbase on a survey only to afterwards do nothing with the data and put it away in a folder somewhere to collect digital dust. Why include such questions on a survey in the first place if there was no intention to use the collected data in any way? From a market research standpoint that makes absolutely no sense.

Even if the idea for a Love Yourself concept was earlier than the survey, the survey was long enough ago that the data mined during it could still be used to define the details and strategy of the concept. Was it used in that way? Who knows. Not like anyone here was at any BH management meetings. But it's naive to completely exclude the possibility.

I will tell this to some Armys the same as I would tell it to any other kpop fans who are getting too attached to an entertainment agency - you can't have a human relationship with a company. You can't even have a real human relationship with an idol group (no matter how nice they are as people) so how would you have one with a company? A company might employ people but it is not a person. The only relationship you can realistically have with any company is that of a customer. A company is not your friend and it is not looking out for you. The only entity that can destroy a customer-company relationship is either the customer by making unreasonable demands or the company by not living up to its promises and delivering a lower quality service or product than it said it would.

Deeery and privateinfrench like this.
  8. 9397Duo

9397Duo Super Rookie

Currency:
    They definitely crossed the line with their accusations, especially with their claims that BTS members were faking their own mental illnesses. Imagine knowing how much idols struggle physically and mentally everyday due to their extremely demanding jobs but when it comes to BTS, they’re all liars and “emotional manipulators”. You guys are really ugly and gross if you’d say this just because you hate the group and/or the fandom.

PinkBish and TastyButtercream like this.
  9. Deeery

Deeery Super Rookie

Currency:
    I wouldn't even know what's going on if it wasn't for this thread, but thank you for explaining everything I guess?
    It's just that if BTS and BH didn't do anything, which I'm sure they didn't, you don't have to explain anything. People believe in what they want to believe so if somehow you really believe people no longer are going to use this issue to shade the group then I'm sorry but you are naive. Trolls and haters will still use this situation, will change things or ignore some facts just so it can fit their narrative. The best you can do is just ignore it now. It's mainly twitter drama anyway so I wouldn't care about it that much. Everyday there's at least one scandalous revelation about kpop idols on that site *sigh*

10. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    some of y'all really...

[​IMG]

11. Jasmine_Waters

Jasmine_Waters Celebrity

Currency:
    I'm still on the "BTS bores me" from you but you still obsessed in their threads and liking almost all posts about them? Clearly they don't bore you.

12. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    ya ik it can be considered twitter drama but that doesn't stop people from coming here and talking about, and i knew someone would try to bring it up here so i wanted to talk about it and end this issue before it even started and someone tries to drag them for it. if someone still does it, then they'll look dumb bc i already did this thread and clarified the whole thing so ¯\(ツ)/¯

Deeery likes this.
  13. AmorFati

AmorFati Public Figure

Currency:
    love i don't know about the company but i'm sure bts cares about the shit they struggled and sometimes still do, also, you're missing the whole point of my thread, foh

GrapeGrope and Flowercrew like this.
  14. loomynartychild

Currency:

Ok, so

Their music bores me but BTS is like the main topic on this forum bro so me talking about them shouldnt be a problem

15. Kimi101

Kimi101 Newbie

Currency:
    How do feel about Billie and other artists who talk about mental health and other struggles in their music? Why is it only an issue when BTS discusses these things and bring awareness to them?

I disagree on BTS being responsible for the fans. People are responsible for their own actions. BTS are not babysitters or saviors.

GrapeGrope, PinkBish and Ailees_Nudes like this.
  16. Burrito

Burrito Married to @gemiyuna

Currency:
    FORMER Burger King Employee
  17. byuntaepeas

byuntaepeas Newbie

Currency:
    I suppose you could argue that every song's meaning depends on personal interpretation. You could be high as a kite and write a song about rainbows and people will find meaning in the lyrics that reasonates with what they needed to hear and feel, so regardless if it was intentional marketing, the message feels genuine to some people and who are "we/they" to tear down something that makes others feel empowered.

That being said, I don't think Big Hit would exploit such a sensitive topic just for the sake of earning money. Bare in mind that mental illness is also still a huge taboo in Korea and unfortunately also in other parts of the world so it would've been too big of a gamble and Big Hit isn't stupid. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most songs written by the members themselves? I'd like to believe they have enough integrity to not just write a song to earn money, but to convey a story, emotion, thought etc.

AmorFati and PinkBish like this.